+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Cameron about to do a Tony Blair?

Re: Is Cameron about to do a Tony Blair?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    So what you are saying is that the need for foodbanks hasn't risen and that the reason for the rise in use is the lack of a social stigma?

Where were people in poverty getting their food from before this?
    I was in Baltimore not long ago, in the biggest economy in the world. An utter hellhole to be precise. Basically slums for miles.

Tory policy could well have meant some were forced to use them. Labour leading us gloriously into the 2008 financial crisis, I am pretty certain that contributed to a few more. A few more of their policies contributed to us being the 2nd most indebted country on the entire planet. As the tories have done since!.

The availability of food banks has led to its increase as well.

And huge rises in urban populations.

It isn't as black and white as people are saying is what I meant.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Jesus.

I have no words.
    The bit about half decent human being..........?????????

Cameron will be best remembered for his endless lies, austerity (of which food banks are a symbol), shooting himself in both feet and head by having an EU referendum and losing it and, most notable of all, doubling the national debt in just six years. During the time he was PM he guided the nation to an extra £830 billion of debt - that's more than all his predecessors down the centuries combined accrued.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Cameron will be best remembered for his endless lies, austerity (of which food banks are a symbol), shooting himself in both feet and head by having an EU referendum and losing it and, most notable of all, doubling the national debt in just six years. During the time he was PM he guided the nation to an extra £830 billion of debt - that's more than all his predecessors down the centuries combined accrued.
    What are his endless lies?.

The amount the government owes has certainly risen since David Cameron became Prime Minister, but not by quite that much. The key measure (public sector net debt) rose from £960 billion in April 2010, just before the coalition government was elected, to £1.5 trillion five years later. This means the debt has increased by just over 50%, not doubled.

Labours use of PFI, the interest on that, the Tories can do nothing about. Among other public spending.

During the time he was PM he guided the nation to an extra £830 billion of debt - that's more than all his predecessors down the centuries combined accrued.

What about the hundreds of thousands dead from Iraq and Afghan. Put a £ on that.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Your wasting your time on here mate

labour labour labour labour labour

Labour have been the source of all known good to the UK and the evil evil tories are the devils in blue rinse.
    It seems that way

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    I was in Baltimore not long ago, in the biggest economy in the world. An utter hellhole to be precise. Basically slums for miles.

Tory policy could well have meant some were forced to use them. Labour leading us gloriously into the 2008 financial crisis, I am pretty certain that contributed to a few more. A few more of their policies contributed to us being the 2nd most indebted country on the entire planet. As the tories have done since!.

The availability of food banks has led to its increase as well.

And huge rises in urban populations.

It isn't as black and white as people are saying is what I meant.
    I don't understand why you bring Labour into everything. David Cameron's **** ups aren't absolved because Labour have done shite things whilst in government as well. The increasing use of food banks is not down to canny social media marketing. It is solely down to the fact that more people need handouts because their lives are shite and failures of successive governments have contributed to that.

His endless lies? I don't propose to list them all as I'll miss the start of The Great British Bake Off.

The top three will suffice: his guarantee to drop net migration to the tens of thousands. His promise to trigger Article 50 on June 24th. His pledge to continue as PM in the event of losing the EU poll.

Debt when the Tories took office in 2010 was either £765B or £785B. Whichever it is, that plank more than doubled it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Your wasting your time on here mate

labour labour labour labour labour

Labour have been the source of all known good to the UK and the evil evil tories are the devils in blue rinse.
    Is it a full moon?

If you want a discussion about Labour being shite, start a thread, I have quite a lot to post on that subject too.

It seems that way
    Up until this post, here is the running count of people mentioning the Labour party in this thread.

NEM - 9 times

Eric Cartman - 0 times

NinianClark - 6 times

Yes, this is called inequality and Britain is sleepwalking into a similar situation. Does charity manage to pick up the pieces in America? Could it if we reached that level?

His endless lies? I don't propose to list them all as I'll miss the start of The Great British Bake Off.

The top three will suffice: his guarantee to drop net migration to the tens of thousands. His promise to trigger Article 50 on June 24th. His pledge to continue as PM in the event of losing the EU poll.

Debt when the Tories took office in 2010 was either £765B or £785B. Whichever it is, that plank more than doubled it.
    Every government in the 2000's has promised to cut net migration. Manifesto pledges are always filled with lies. Of every politician.

And the other two happened 2 or so months ago.

So what are the other lies?.

And you have a strange interest in Bake Off. Much like Dai Splott

And it is batter week this week. Yorkshire puddings etc.

It is going to a wild ride.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 18:25.

I don't understand why you bring Labour into everything. David Cameron's **** ups aren't absolved because Labour have done shite things whilst in government as well. The increasing use of food banks is not down to canny social media marketing. It is solely down to the fact that more people need handouts because their lives are shite and failures of successive governments have contributed to that.
    I am bored of the claim that Tories are solely responsible for the rise in food banks. That is why I started commenting.

When labour couldn't run a kids disco judging their previous stints.

I am not here to defend the Tories to the hills either. I don't vote for them.

I am bored of the claim that Tories are solely responsible for the rise in food banks. That is why I started commenting.

When labour couldn't run a kids disco judging their previous stints.

I am not here to defend the Tories to the hills either. I don't vote for them.
    Where did I make that claim?

Where did I make that claim?
    I didn't question you initially.

I was just passing comment.

And my issue is general opinion on the subject, not yours.

Every government in the 2000's has promised to cut net migration. Manifesto pledges are always filled with lies. Of every politician.

So what are the other lies?.

And you have a strange interest in Bake Off. Much like Dai Splott

And it is batter week this week. Yorkshire puddings etc.

It is going to a wild ride.

It's not relevant what the previous government did when discussing Cameron's lies. He did indeed lie however much you squirm via misdirection.

Hmm. Are you implying that recent lies are more acceptable than lies made farther in the past? Yep, you are. He was an arch-fibber to the last, the slimy fecker.

Some more of his porkies - promised not to delay a Heathrow decision, or attack Tax Credits, or extend the freeze on Child Benefit payments.

£785B in 2010 as per graph.

Blog Entries

It's not relevant what the previous government did when discussing Cameron's lies. He did indeed lie however much you squirm via misdirection.

Hmm. Are you implying that recent lies are more acceptable than lies made farther in the past? Yep, you are. He was an arch-fibber to the last, the slimy fecker.

Some more of his porkies - promised not to delay a Heathrow decision, or attack Tax Credits, or extend the freeze on Child Benefit payments.

What happened to the illusion of choice? if they want want something to happen it will, they are just faces to take the blame, shiny slimy faces

Up until this post, here is the running count of people mentioning the Labour party in this thread.

NEM - 9 times

Eric Cartman - 0 times

NinianClark - 6 times
    Nem??

Are you saying that the Arabic writing guy is not Eddie may?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Nem??

Are you saying that the Arabic writing guy is not Eddie may?
    Didn't he also post under a few other names?

The penguin maybe?

Cool graph. Notice the rise during the labour years, then the much bigger rises post 2008. Or did those banks get bailed out and the quantitative easing implemented with money off trees.

First more than 70 per cent of UK government debt is held within the UK by things like pension funds. It is a mistake to think that our national debt is all owed to other governments or foreign speculators.

Secondly UK debt is more long-term than many other countries. On average our debts have a pay-back period of 12 years. Countries like Greece need to keep paying back debts and are forced to borrow more to make up for that. The UK does not face any problems refinancing its debts.

Please explain to me how Labour would have done it differently.

Austerity under the tories and still the debt levels rise. The surplus is now due after 2020.

If you think debt levels would be lower under any other government I am struggling to see how.

Please explain how.

Debt is what it is. If that is the debt level needed to sustain our economy. Interest payments are unavoidable. And often from long in the past.

I'm not going to defend Labour. I've never voted for them. Actually, Plaid Cymru's the only party I have ever voted for, and I gave up on 'em after 1997. You asked for examples of Cameron's lies, I gave you plenty. They are indisputable. As Mrs R stated further up, Oil of Olay is not as good as Oil of Ulay was.

Hold on, what the feck am I on about?

You also tried to slip in some in an untrue debt figure when Cameron assumed office. That was batted away thanks to HM Treasury. Now you're off on some bizarre tangent. It's time to declare you a rotter.

the_debt_hasn_t_doubled.jpg

https://fullfact.org/economy/has-uks-debt-doubled/

there you go baaaaaht.

I am rotter

Explain to me how you would do it differently to the tories with your years in economics.

I am not looking to agrue tbh. Far too late. And there is no need for every thread to turn to arguments really is there.

Off on a tangent, how exactly. Do you understand the basics of how humans communicate?.

Actually, please explain, how in anyway is my comment is off on a tangent hahahaha.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 14-09-16 at 22:04.

The last time I heard the debt figure, one month or two months back, it stood at £1,621 billion. That's more than doubled from £785 billion.

The last time I heard the debt figure, one month or two months back, it stood at £1,621 billion. That's more than doubled from £785 billion.
    That could be the case.

I don't vote for the tories and I've spent all day defending them for some reason.

Goodnight.

Toodle pip.

Blog Entries

I'm not going to defend Labour. I've never voted for them. Actually, Plaid Cymru's the only party I have ever voted for, and I gave up on 'em after 1997. You asked for examples of Cameron's lies, I gave you plenty. They are indisputable. As Mrs R stated further up, Oil of Olay is not as good as Oil of Ulay was.

Hold on, what the feck am I on about?

You also tried to slip in some in an untrue debt figure when Cameron assumed office. That was batted away thanks to HM Treasury. Now you're off on some bizarre tangent. It's time to declare you a rotter.
    That could be the case.

I don't vote for the tories and I've spent all day defending them for some reason.

Goodnight.
    Stop taking sides, it's the only way to beat them.