+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The whole place is falling apart

The whole place is falling apart

chairman - doesn't give a shot and regardless what he says it is stripping assets. However we are at the point where everything has little value. I can only hope his own pride in his legacy might help.

Manager- Slade wasn't great but this guy was the cheap and easy option. He's basically trying the same thing as Wales and it's not going to work there's not the same sort of players.
    He's brought the system in and it is only taking us one way. When we do get the ball we have 1 ball carrying player and one targetman.

Goalkeepers we used to have the best in the league now we have the worst in the football league.( I don't know what the answer is here because we have brought in 2 who are probably just as bad)
    Defenders - Conolly, Peltier, Morrison I have no problem with.
    Manga was one of the beat defender's I had seen a few seasons ago now he looks lost.
    jazz Richards is here because he is Welsh and played well against Belgium (see Blake and Rooney)
    Declan John shows why he was 3rd choice last season (oh I forgot he's Welsh and last season excuses were being made to see him at wing back and he's garbage)
    Harris is okay but isn't good enough in any position at this level.
    Midfield -Whitts is our best player by a mile and is the only place we are going to get goals from.
    GUnnarson has been poor for a while and I don't care about Iceland. ralls doesn't add anything. Huws could be okay but probably won't be. okeefe is alright.
    Pilkington is one of few players of any quality in the team. Noone should be playing because as frustrating as he is can runs with the ball.
    Strikers - If it's a target man you want we are ok otherwise we aren't.

For me I would go to 451 with
    Midfield of Noone Okeefe immers Whitts Pilkington and when we do need a goal switch to 433 and utilise Huws in the middle.

Or play our 9 tallest players and Whitts and hope we can get some corners
    Fans - most have lost interest have had a glorious 10 years and know it's unlikely to be topped and will ride Wales bandwagon for next few years instead.

Something has to change dramatically for us to have any chance of changing the way we play

Re: The whole place is falling apart

I don't agree about the chairman, where would we be without Tan's money. I accept loads has been wasted on crap players and managers. For someone so experienced at running businesses he was royally shafted , particularly by Mackay and especially by OGS.

Managers- Slade's time was up so fair enough he went. Trollope deserved a chance but seems to think we have players akin to Barcelona who can just play a different way to how they've played for years. Only 7 games gone and we are in a desperate situation, with largely the same players as last season.

Players- Agree . We have 2 right full backs in Peltier and Richards and he is now playing a winger in Harris there? Connolly was poor on Saturday so gets dropped, after being one of our best players for a while. Manga , agree, he looks as though he can't be arsed. And defending from Peltier and Morrison last night was poor. John was taken off!

Manga and Pilkington will be gone next summer if not in January. They won't want to stay here, and we won't offer them silly money again.

Harris is still inexperienced and if he plays should play on the wing in a 4-5-1. There's no creation in midfield so obviously we leave out Whittingham! John has indeed proved he is no full back or even a wing back. Best wing back performance I have seen this season was from Peltier against Blackburn.

So instead of Malone and Peltier at full back we now have Harris and John, and Wilson in goal instead of either Marshall or Moore. No wonder we are losing. Amos will play on Saturday surely?

I think the same players can get us out of this if they play in a system that they are more comfortable with. The only person who seems to think he can persist with 5-3-2 is Trollope and he must start to realize if he carries on he will do himself out of his job.

If we lose to Leeds and Derby he'll be gone, and at the moment it looks like we will lose the next two.

I'm not having a go at Tan he has put enough in and can understand why he has lost interest he's not going to make any money on us.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    I'm not having a go at Tan he has put enough in and can understand why he has lost interest he's not going to make any money on us.
    Why do so many of our fans insist on saying that Vincent Tan is Chairman of the club? He isn`t and never has been.

Vincent Tan is the majority shareholder and not a director of CCFC Ltd. The Chairman is Mehmet Dalman. As for where we'd be without his loan money, well we were doing pretty well before he came along so who can say what would have happened. All we have to go on is that there has been a string of bad business decisions and bad football decisions. Some good business decisions are now being made at last so that's to be welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    Vincent Tan is the majority shareholder and not a director of CCFC Ltd. The Chairman is Mehmet Dalman. As for where we'd be without his loan money, well we were doing pretty well before he came along so who can say what would have happened. All we have to go on is that there has been a string of bad business decisions and bad football decisions. Some good business decisions are now being made at last so that's to be welcomed.
    I think you'll find that wasn't the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I don't agree about the chairman, where would we be without Tan's money. I accept loads has been wasted on crap players and managers. For someone so experienced at running businesses he was royally shafted , particularly by Mackay and especially by OGS.

Managers- Slade's time was up so fair enough he went. Trollope deserved a chance but seems to think we have players akin to Barcelona who can just play a different way to how they've played for years. Only 7 games gone and we are in a desperate situation, with largely the same players as last season.

Players- Agree . We have 2 right full backs in Peltier and Richards and he is now playing a winger in Harris there? Connolly was poor on Saturday so gets dropped, after being one of our best players for a while. Manga , agree, he looks as though he can't be arsed. And defending from Peltier and Morrison last night was poor. John was taken off!

Manga and Pilkington will be gone next summer if not in January. They won't want to stay here, and we won't offer them silly money again.

Harris is still inexperienced and if he plays should play on the wing in a 4-5-1. There's no creation in midfield so obviously we leave out Whittingham! John has indeed proved he is no full back or even a wing back. Best wing back performance I have seen this season was from Peltier against Blackburn.

So instead of Malone and Peltier at full back we now have Harris and John, and Wilson in goal instead of either Marshall or Moore. No wonder we are losing. Amos will play on Saturday surely?

I think the same players can get us out of this if they play in a system that they are more comfortable with. The only person who seems to think he can persist with 5-3-2 is Trollope and he must start to realize if he carries on he will do himself out of his job.

If we lose to Leeds and Derby he'll be gone, and at the moment it looks like we will lose the next two.
    I stopped reading after this because it's complete bollocks.

We were doing feking awful before he came along due to previous bad business decisions.

He's made many errors of judgement since hes been here but lets not pretend he took over a well run club.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    We were doing feking awful before he came along due to previous bad business decisions.

He's made many errors of judgement since hes been here but lets not pretend he took over a well run club.
    That rewriting of history is truly astounding

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Why do so many of our fans insist on saying that Vincent Tan is Chairman of the club? He isn`t and never has been.
    Few would disagree that Tan is a shadow director and that he is in effect the de facto Chairman. There is no doubt in the minds of supporters that Tan is in control even though he doesn't hold the official Chairman title.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    That rewriting of history is truly astounding
    Its a pearler isn't it.

Basically Sam and the Riddler treated us like a red headed stepchild..

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Trollope deserved a chance......
    Why did Trollope deserve a chance?

We had FIVE winding up orders, were £66 million in debt, had sold some of our best players to prevent being wound up, sold off an advanced catering contract to the garbage that is Compass, sold the 'golden tickets' to season ticket holders if they paid for future seasons in advance.

If you call that 'pretty well', then with that level of either, bias or lacking basic understanding of our prior situation I'm concerned about any objective role you have within the Supporters Trust. Shocking really.

Ridsdale had history at Leeds and they were £103 million in debt and in freefall when he left.

After that he took over at Barnsley he nearly took them into liquidation before he left.

Hammam, whilst in charge at Wimbledon wanted to relocate them to Dublin and ended up selling the club to a group that took the club to Milton Keynes

Whilst Hammam was here he changed the badge, wanted to rename the club The Cardiff Celts and change club colours to green, red and white.

Because he did the Ayatollah and ingratiated himself with the fans 'inner circle' he became a cult hero, despite screwing the club (and as a consequence the fans) into the ground.

Why did he take on Ridsdale with his past history?

Because Ridsdale knew how to skin every last penny from the club before leaving it as a complete wreck and a question hung over the club's continued existence.

In walked Dato Tan Ghee, closely followed by Vincent Tan.
    Last edited by JDerrida; 14-09-16 at 23:10.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    We had FIVE winding up orders, were £66 million in debt, had sold some of our best players to prevent being wound up, sold off an advanced catering contract to the garbage that is Compass, sold the 'golden tickets' to season ticket holders if they paid for future seasons in advance.

If you call that 'pretty well', then with that level of either, bias or lacking basic understanding of our prior situation I'm concerned about any objective role you have within the Supporters Trust. Shocking really.

Ridsdale had history at Leeds and they were £103 million in debt and in freefall when he left.

After that he took over at Barnsley he nearly took them into liquidation before he left.

Hammam, whilst in charge at Wimbledon wanted to relocate them to Dublin and ended up selling the club to a group that took the club to Milton Keynes

Whilst Hammam was here he changed the badge, wanted to rename the club The Cardiff Celts and change club colours to green, red and white.

Because he did the Ayatollah and ingratiated himself with the fans 'inner circle' he became a cult hero, despite screwing the club (and as a consequence the fans) into the ground.

Why did he take on Ridsdale with his past history?

Because Ridsdale knew how to skin every last penny from the club before leaving it as a complete wreck and a question hung over the club's continued existence.

In walked Dato Tan Ghee, closely followed by Vincent Tan.
    Excellent reply

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    chairman - doesn't give a shot and regardless what he says it is stripping assets. However we are at the point where everything has little value. I can only hope his own pride in his legacy might help.

Manager- Slade wasn't great but this guy was the cheap and easy option. He's basically trying the same thing as Wales and it's not going to work there's not the same sort of players.
    He's brought the system in and it is only taking us one way. When we do get the ball we have 1 ball carrying player and one targetman.

Goalkeepers we used to have the best in the league now we have the worst in the football league.( I don't know what the answer is here because we have brought in 2 who are probably just as bad)
    Defenders - Conolly, Peltier, Morrison I have no problem with.
    Manga was one of the beat defender's I had seen a few seasons ago now he looks lost.
    jazz Richards is here because he is Welsh and played well against Belgium (see Blake and Rooney)
    Declan John shows why he was 3rd choice last season (oh I forgot he's Welsh and last season excuses were being made to see him at wing back and he's garbage)
    Harris is okay but isn't good enough in any position at this level.
    Midfield -Whitts is our best player by a mile and is the only place we are going to get goals from.
    GUnnarson has been poor for a while and I don't care about Iceland. ralls doesn't add anything. Huws could be okay but probably won't be. okeefe is alright.
    Pilkington is one of few players of any quality in the team. Noone should be playing because as frustrating as he is can runs with the ball.
    Strikers - If it's a target man you want we are ok otherwise we aren't.

For me I would go to 451 with
    Midfield of Noone Okeefe immers Whitts Pilkington and when we do need a goal switch to 433 and utilise Huws in the middle.

Or play our 9 tallest players and Whitts and hope we can get some corners
    Fans - most have lost interest have had a glorious 10 years and know it's unlikely to be topped and will ride Wales bandwagon for next few years instead.

Something has to change dramatically for us to have any chance of changing the way we play
    This board is laughable! Only last week contributors were aghast at the suggestion that there is ANY negativity against VT, since, a few bad results, first sign of pressure and out they come! Relax, Huddersfield, Bristol City and Barnsley wont finish near the top and Derby or City wont be near the bottom, either!

Tan is still a twat though.