+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The golden of being old

The golden of being old

in the face of claims made that the old are not looked after:

Only 26% of people believe they will be better off than their parents when they retire

79% of Britons' main fear in retirement is their income will be too low or that inflation will erode their savings

Fear results in more than one quarter (27%) of those with private pensions increasing their contributions in the last 12 months

New research from Schroders, the global asset manager, reveals that just 26% (10.3 million) of Britons believe they will be better off than their parents' generation when they retire. The findings reveal that 44% (17.2 million) of people believe they will be worse off in retirement than their parents, fostering feelings of jealousy of a perceived ‘golden generation' of pensioners that have benefitted from significant gains in the value of their property and generous final salary pensions.

The death of the state pension is fast on the way.

Private firms are already being forced, literally forced, to create private pensions schemes.

Even if their employees do not want them, they must be set up, for huge costs to employers. Then if the employees want to carry through with them the employers must contribute.

If the employee doesn't want it, only after set up can it be cancelled.

Good luck to the youth of today actually ever owning a house as well.

Re: The golden of being old

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    in the face of claims made that the old are not looked after:

Only 26% of people believe they will be better off than their parents when they retire

79% of Britons' main fear in retirement is their income will be too low or that inflation will erode their savings

Fear results in more than one quarter (27%) of those with private pensions increasing their contributions in the last 12 months

New research from Schroders, the global asset manager, reveals that just 26% (10.3 million) of Britons believe they will be better off than their parents' generation when they retire. The findings reveal that 44% (17.2 million) of people believe they will be worse off in retirement than their parents, fostering feelings of jealousy of a perceived ‘golden generation' of pensioners that have benefitted from significant gains in the value of their property and generous final salary pensions.

The death of the state pension is fast on the way.

Private firms are already being forced, literally forced, to create private pensions schemes.

Even if their employees do not want them, they must be set up, for huge costs to employers. Then if the employees want to carry through with them the employers must contribute.

If the employee doesn't want it, only after set up can it be cancelled.

Good luck to the youth of today actually ever owning a house as well.
    I've got to get someone to explain this to me.

I thought we just had that conversation about making sure that people can read and understand what you are posting on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    I've got to get someone to explain this to me.

I thought we just had that conversation about making sure that people can read and understand what you are posting on here?
    I only now realised I missed "age" from the title.

OAP's now get good pensions, at huge expense to the public purse. With an ageing population. When the youth of today can expect next to nothing. And the the death of the state pension has already begun by their attack on the private sector.

Thatchers schemes of flogging housing for a pittance to the working class.

Whereas first buyers are now expect to own homes 50+. And most live with parents up until 30 and beyond.

So the youth of today will have it harder (maybe?) in later life.

And that really isn't hard to understand from what I have said.

OAP's now get good pensions, at hugeeeeeeeee expense to the public purse. When the youth of today can expect next to nothing.

Thatchers schemes of flogging housing for a pittance to the working class.

Whereas first buyers are now expect to own homes 50+. And most live with parents up until 30 and beyond.
    It wasn't 'Thatcher's scheme', she was just the dummy that delivered it to the masses. The people around her who stood for their companies and organisations to benefit from this 'Thatcher initiative,' were the ones who made the bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    It wasn't 'Thatcher's scheme', she was just the dummy that delivered it to the masses. The people around her who stood for their companies and organisations to benefit from this 'Thatcher initiative,' were the ones who made the bullets.
    I see I shall look into it.

I understood even without the missing word. I presumed "the golden" was modern argot.

Anyway, you are right. Young people are screwed, especially if they are unskilled. Immigration is all about lowering wages. People like Mike Ashley will eventually get the unskilled to work for food only. It will not be long before we have a very large slave class in all Western countries. A youngster starting work this year will never get a state pension.