+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time for a real manager

Time for a real manager

Keep Trollope, and we go down

Re: Time for a real manager

I don't believe that Trollope is entirely incompetent, he also has the hugely experienced Lennie L as his assistant.
    What the f is going wrong?

How did Trollope go from being "the only reason we won any games last season" to "we need to get rid of this guy, ASAP"

P.S., I'm not quoting you Kiffa, just saying that was the general feeling on this board, me included.

Trolls is not up to the job unfortunately I would like to bring Bellers in and DJ as DOF

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    How did Trollope go from being "the only reason we won any games last season" to "we need to get rid of this guy, ASAP"

P.S., I'm not quoting you Kiffa, just saying that was the general feeling on this board, me included.
    There has been a bit of that granted, there were a lot of people who weren't entheused when he was appointed and it looks like they were correct.

Not a time for he said she said mind - corrective action needs to be taken and swiftly

Trollope out.

I'm not usually one for changing managers this far away from transfer windows, but I just can't see us improving any time soon, and we don't really have the luxury at the moment of leaving it to chance on whether Trollope will sink or swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    It's the "Number Two can't be a Number One" syndrome once again - if one may be allowed a little potty humour

When we announced Trollope as our manager, I went on the Bristol Rovers forum to see if their was any mention of this, sure enough, there was. Their fans were almost universally saying the football under him sent them to sleep ( they nicknamed him "Mogadon") and that he replaced decent players with inferior ones. Opinion on him was not divided as you might have perhaps expected - no, it was almost overwhelmingly slating him.

When I saw that he was starting with Gunnarsson, Whittingham, Ralls and Noone you could see the writing on the wall. With the exception of Whittingham (no legs), the ball retention amongst that lot is shocking.

Go NOW Trollope!

He has to go now, we are awful under him