+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Manager

New Manager

Right who is going to sort this mess out?
    Fat head Bruce is about but would he come here?
    I would personally go with Bellamy but have DJ back as DOF and guidance for Bellers I think this would be the perfect opportunity for him because at the moment he couldn't do any worse

Re: New Manager

I was only thinking this tonight (Dave Jones)
    Stranger things have happened.
    Isn't Tan good friends with him?

I think Trollope will still be here next May. It'll be a test of Tan's resolve. Stick or twist?

Personally I'd go for the marmite man, Colin Wanker

Maybe they'll move Trollope upstairs as a Head of Football and Lennie Lawrence will take over as manager.

Mark Hughes, when he gets the chop from Stoke in the next few days.

Would like Steve Bruce here

What about Kenny Jackett? Did wonders at a free falling Wolves although they had a descent youth policy to utilise.

Until Tan goes I wouldn't touch the job of manager. Slade took the job as it was a promotion, and the crisp whisperer took it because he was flattered.

No proper manager will take the job on in my opinion as Tan-Tan the fire sale man is going rough riding on this club for the foreseeable future. It is a real shame that he's not a degenerate gambler ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Maybe they'll move Trollope upstairs as a Head of Football and Lennie Lawrence will take over as manager.
    It's funny because you know it really can happen.

Bruce, Warnock, or the Bellamy+DJ combo.

All would work for me at present.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Not sure whether meant as a flippant remark or not but this really COULD happen.
    With the 'cheap options' seemingly being the main driver at the club this would not cost a penny.
    I could also see the scenario of sacking PT and Lennie taking over as a caretaker manager in the hope he does a Mike Phelan.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    What about Kenny Jackett? Did wonders at a free falling Wolves although they had a descent youth policy to utilise.
    Whose coach is that Jackett?

Noooo to all those that want Hughes or Lennie!!

Hughes is a very over-rated pile of kaka-dung.

Lennie could only get us promoted to this division via the lottery of the play offs! We limped in at 6th position, when infact with all the money he had spent and the players he had at his disposal we should have walked the league.He's yesterdays newspaper, I'm afraid, in managerial terms.

I've asked it on here before, but has Lennie ever been involved at a club fighting relegation? If so, how successful was he in avoiding said relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Noooo to all those that want Hughes or Lennie!!

Hughes is a very over-rated pile of kaka-dung.

Lennie could only get us promoted to this division via the lottery of the play offs! We limped in at 6th position, when infact with all the money he had spent and the players he had at his disposal we should have walked the league.He's yesterdays newspaper, I'm afraid, in managerial terms.

I've asked it on here before, but has Lennie ever been involved at a club fighting relegation? If so, how successful was he in avoiding said relegation?
    lennie and Dougie Freedman

Its like fecking Groundhog Day with talk of Lennie Lawrence & Dave Moans taking over why not get Malky as assistant.
    We need fresh blood to sort out the shambles ... however with Tan & co in charge it would be unlikely to happen.
    We need someone like the German fella at Huddersfield or Jaap Stam at Reading....or Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Whose coach is that Jackett?

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    Until Tan goes I wouldn't touch the job of manager. Slade took the job as it was a promotion, and the crisp whisperer took it because he was flattered.

No proper manager will take the job on in my opinion as Tan-Tan the fire sale man is going rough riding on this club for the foreseeable future. It is a real shame that he's not a degenerate gambler ain't it?
    This.

Can you imagine the conversation between Tan and someone like Steve Bruce?

SB: So I'm assuming that I'll be able to bring in some new players then Vince?

VT: Of course Mister Bluce, as long as I agree.

SB: Errr, ok then. I suppose we could make that work. So what sort of budget will I be looking at then?

VT: Budget? Ha ha. You very funny man. When can you start?

SB: (door slams)

VT: Mister Bluce......Where he go?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    This.

Can you imagine the conversation between Tan and someone like Steve Bruce?

SB: So I'm assuming that I'll be able to bring in some new players then Vince?

VT: Of course Mister Bluce, as long as I agree.

SB: Errr, ok then. I suppose we could make that work. So what sort of budget will I be looking at then?

VT: Budget? Ha ha. You very funny man. When can you start?

SB: (door slams)

VT: Mister Bluce......Where he go?
    budget

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not sure whether meant as a flippant remark or not but this really COULD happen.
    With the 'cheap options' seemingly being the main driver at the club this would not cost a penny.
    I could also see the scenario of sacking PT and Lennie taking over as a caretaker manager in the hope he does a Mike Phelan.
    Just like we did when Hammam sacked Alan cork.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post

Bloody Fiona Bruce would be better than what we got now.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Yes I would he is decent man and has pedigree , and think principals, however he would not work for an owner like we have , wasnt that the reason why he left Hull , ownership and control mechanisms ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes I would he is decent man and has pedigree , and think principals, however he would not work for an owner like we have , wasnt that the reason why he left Hull , ownership and control mechanisms ??
    There are no football men or anyone that knows anything whatsoever about football at the top. Businessmen maybe (and they aren't even very good at that).

Anyhow, the powers that be have already said - We cannot afford a decent manager in place due to the Financial Far Play shite. So that's that out of the window. Funny how other clubs manage ok but that's how it is. We're probably stuck with Trollope for the time being.

WE ARE GOING DOWN SOON NO GUTS NO PASHUN NO GOALS NO EFFORT ALARM BELLS RINGING GET RID OF TROLLOPE LOAAD OF CODS WALLOP . CALL IN PAUL LAMBERT

Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    WE ARE GOING DOWN SOON NO GUTS NO PASHUN NO GOALS NO EFFORT ALARM BELLS RINGING GET RID OF TROLLOPE LOAAD OF CODS WALLOP . CALL IN PAUL LAMBERT
    Paul Lambert? God nooooooooo