+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Album of the year?

It's different in a roller-coastery sorta way, but music critics and listeners alike have spoken.

It's good to see diverse music getting some recognition, not sure what the young 'uns will think of it though.

Re: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

Its a very good album, but by christ ,for obvious reasons it a raw listen.
    Its been a good year for albums so far, with a new Pixies album still to come.
    Here by Teenage Fanclub and Confessions of a Romance Novelist by The Anchoress are my highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Though he insists pretty much all of it was written before the tragedy... Could be just what he's telling folk mind.

Its been a good year for albums so far, with a new Pixies album still to come.
    Here by Teenage Fanclub and Confessions of a Romance Novelist by The Anchoress are my highlights.
    Yeah it's raw, but I haven't tired of listening to it yet, and obviously it's not something you would stick on at a party It's a more reflective album to play on the headphones when the mood is right, or on the Hi-Fi if you have the right space. It's definitely a record to sort out the men from the boys (musically speaking )

I'll give those others you mentioned a spin, I've always liked a bit of Fanny, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah it's raw, but I haven't tired of listening to it yet, and obviously it's not something you would stick on at a party It's a more reflective album to play on the headphones when the mood is right, or on the Hi-Fi if you have the right space. It's definitely a record to sort out the men from the boys (musically speaking )

I'll give those others you mentioned a spin, I've always liked a bit of Fanny, cheers
    Thats a good point, I love the new Avalanches album Wildflower but i cant listen to it on headphones due to so much going on on each track, i have to listen to it over speakers.I find i cant concentrate, or enjoy it properly otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Though he insists pretty much all of it was written before the tragedy... Could be just what he's telling folk mind.
    Yeah, however much truth there is in that,as a listener knowing what happened its makes for an uncomfortable listen at times.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Either way it would affect the vocal delivery and the mood of the album due to a necessary reinterpretation of the material. But I don't think we will ever know that answer, as the album seems to be Nick Cave's last word on the matter (in public at least).

Thats a good point, I love the new Avalanches album Wildflower but i cant listen to it on headphones due to so much going on on each track, i have to listen to it over speakers.I find i cant concentrate, or enjoy it properly otherwise.
    Have you tried open-back headphones such as Sennheiser HD650 or AKG K712PRO? You would need a decent headphone amp though.

Have you tried open-back headphones such as Sennheiser HD650 or AKG K712PRO? You would need a decent headphone amp though.
    Sounds slightly above my pay grade.
    Though i think that album sounds best out in the open spaces, works brilliantly in the car as it soundtracks even the dullest journey beautifully.

If you like this give Simone Felice a listen too and then get over to Bristol on Tuesday night , one hell of a treat https://www.ents24.com/uk/tour-dates/simone-felice

Album of the year?

It's different in a roller-coastery sorta way, but music critics and listeners alike have spoken.

It's good to see diverse music getting some recognition, not sure what the young 'uns will think of it though.
    Has Nick Cave ever played a gig in Cardiff? I've seen him live about 4 times but it has always been in London. Can't remember the Birthday Party playing here either.

Sounds slightly above my pay grade.
    Though i think that album sounds best out in the open spaces, works brilliantly in the car as it soundtracks even the dullest journey beautifully.
    The AKG K712 Pro Reference Studio Headphones are £186.00 on eBay

It sounds like a really top quality album on first listen.

Cathartic hopefully.

The AKG K712 Pro Reference Studio Headphones are £186.00 on eBay
    Cheers, but with two youngish kids i couldn't justify spending that on a pair of headphones, however much i love my music.
    Plus the kids have broken 2 recent sets of headphones of mine. If they bust a decent pair they would be out the door with a 'free to a good home' tag round their necks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    It sounds like a really top quality album on first listen.

Cathartic hopefully.
    It is very, very good.

I hope so too.

It is very, very good.

I hope so too.
    I have listened to the album several times today - so moving, so touching, so powerful.

Horrible, wonderful, uplifting all at the same time.

I have listened to the album several times today - so moving, so touching, so powerful.

Horrible, wonderful, uplifting all at the same time.
    Its good to know that there is still quality out there.
    He's getting better with age.
    Going to be interesting where he goes next.

Its good to know that there is still quality out there.
    He's getting better with age.
    Going to be interesting where he goes next.
    Indeed, it is wonderful to find quality music like this these days. Albums and artists like this are a rarity now.

Most of the great singer songwriters are either dead or nearing he end of their careers. There are so few of this generation who have anything of interest you say.

Indeed, it is wonderful to find quality music like this these days. Albums and artists like this are a rarity now.

Most of the great singer songwriters are either dead or nearing he end of their careers. There are so few of this generation who have anything of interest you say.
    Yep, and who knows, his best years may still be ahead of him. Hes been consistently good for a good few years now and already has a back catalogue that is comparable to the greats.

This album has moved me like no other.

It resonates so deeply.

It says everything from my last 20 plus years

Stunning, moving.

I only buy a few albums a year but does anyone like bat for lashes?.

This nick cave guy may be a bit similar. He is a bit more dark maybe though

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    I only buy a few albums a year but does anyone like bat for lashes?.

This nick cave guy may be a bit similar. He is a bit more dark maybe though
    Yeah, big fan of Bat for lashes.
    Cant quite get into this latest album though.
    Nick Cave can be dark, and this album particularly so, but there is also a lot of humour in previous releases.
    Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! is a good example.

Yeah, big fan of Bat for lashes.
    Cant quite get into this latest album though.
    Nick Cave can be dark, and this album particularly so, but there is also a lot of humour in previous releases.
    Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! is a good example.
    Dig Lazarus Dig!!! was the best idea for a song subject since Gary Gilmore's Eyes.