+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bring back Ole Gunnar Solskaer - could we get worse?

Bring back Ole Gunnar Solskaer - could we get worse?

Its worth recalling that after 8 games in the Championship we sacked Ole. We were 13th, in reasonable shape but with a number of concerns. We will never know if he would have turned it around but we were hardly in the mire.
    8 games in now, and we are not only in the mire, we are holding it up. If we can sack Ole after 8 games for delivering a 'confused' approach then surely we HAVE to sack Trollope now for delivering relegation.

We are staring down the barrel of Division 1 right now. We sacked Ole because it seemed that after 8 games he might not bring automatic promotion - that was the pressure he worked under. It seems that, after 8 games, Trollope is delivering the end of days.

I cannot believe he is still here right now, unless ive missed an announcement on Sky Sports News.

Re: Bring back Ole Gunnar Solskaer - could we get worse?

expectations have changed

with Ole Vinnie wanted straight back into the prem league

now he is happy to balance the books

Arrrrghhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The "Useless One" is the worst manager I have ever witnessed at Cardiff City. I've seen them all from Scoular onwards!

You might as ask for the dynamic due of Hibbert/Osman to return !!

Or how about Durban??

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

now he is happy to balance the books
    Clever, subversive ownership.

Average Premiership club wage bill = 5.3 x Championship wage bill.

Average Championship club wage bill = 4.7 x Div 1 wage bill.

Our 14/15 wages bill was £46M, should be able to get it to under £2M with relegation to Div 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Arrrrghhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

The "Useless One" is the worst manager I have ever witnessed at Cardiff City. I've seen them all from Scoular onwards!

You might as ask for the dynamic due of Hibbert/Osman to return !!

Or how about Durban??
    OGS could happily put his championship record up against Trollopes. You could be watching the worst manager we ever had right now. We still have more than the core of a side that missed the playoffs last season.

Same team? So whats going wrong? Let me guess...................

Why are you comparing like for like?

OGS had a huge budget and a far better squad to work with than Trollope has.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    Its worth recalling that after 8 games in the Championship we sacked Ole. We were 13th, in reasonable shape but with a number of concerns. We will never know if he would have turned it around but we were hardly in the mire.
    8 games in now, and we are not only in the mire, we are holding it up. If we can sack Ole after 8 games for delivering a 'confused' approach then surely we HAVE to sack Trollope now for delivering relegation.

We are staring down the barrel of Division 1 right now. We sacked Ole because it seemed that after 8 games he might not bring automatic promotion - that was the pressure he worked under. It seems that, after 8 games, Trollope is delivering the end of days.

I cannot believe he is still here right now, unless ive missed an announcement on Sky Sports News.
    "We are staring down the barrel of Division 1 right now" - really? I think we are bottom of the table on merit currently, but we are just one point behind the team in 19th, so we're hardly staring down a barrel and won't be for months.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    OGS could happily put his championship record up against Trollopes. You could be watching the worst manager we ever had right now. We still have more than the core of a side that missed the playoffs last season.

Same team? So whats going wrong? Let me guess...................
    LMFAO....How much has Trollope had to spend compared with the amount Ole had at his disposal? Not that I am defending Trollope in any way, by the way...both are/were useless and clueless

I'm trying to wrack my brains to think of a lower league manager with a bit of impetus who would be good for us. Can't name any European one out there, as European football does not interest me. Is there a decent manager amongst any of the other clubs that Tan has his greasy fingers in?

Anyway Tan IS NOT a football man, so don't expect him to push the boat out managerial wise

He only took over the club as he wanted the glory of Premier League football. It's all gone pear shape so I don't suppose he gives a flying one, in whichever league we end up in next season. But please not Ole or Hughes...

Slade or Malky would be the best bring-back options following this logic.

He was the shittist manager we've ever had, despite having Tan's cheque book to back him up

Why are you comparing like for like?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm trying to wrack my brains to think of a lower league manager with a bit of impetus who would be good for us.
    Think Michael Appleton. Gained promotion with Oxford last season; his teams play 'proper' football and he dealt with all the rubbish at Pompey nobly when they were embroiled in admin issues.