+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Walking Dead future

Re: A Walking Dead future

It seems that the US and its cohorts are determined to remove Assad, and Assad, Russia, Iran and probably China too are just as determined that he remains. The solution entails rockets, missiles and cyber wars between the main protagonists on a global scale.

In light of the above and in anticipation of your next question: yes, I do believe the next series of Loose Women will go ahead as scheduled.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    May I be the first to say that I really appreciate what you will be doing for me, and if you have any ladies who need taking care of, let me do my bit for the cause. I'll be serving in the Home Guard - Special Services Division
    If I had to think of someone for "special" services mate, I can't think of anyone more fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There was a long list of essential reserved occupations during the last war which exempted a million or so able-bodied people in that age group. Unfortunately for you, bingo callers were not amongst them. The largest group was miners... good luck with getting a job down the pit.

Tonight's 10pm BBC TV news featured the Syrian conflict first with Britain's UN ambassador speaking solemnly of Russian war crimes in Aleppo. The rhetoric is being ramped-up each passing day because because ISIS and the other Western sponsored groups are being crushed.

The war drums are getting louder for those prepared to hear. Remain terrified.
    Out of interest what's the penalty for Treason nowadays?

Russian sycophants don't strike me as the sort of people who I'd want to side with during a war. Easily turned. All but for the grace of god you and your mates weren't around during the last world war.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Don't confuse paranoia and nervousness with interest, I'm not worried about anything, I just like to know what's going on.
    Haven't you read any of Organs or Glueys posts? They are scared of their own shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Out of interest what's the penalty for Treason nowadays?

Russian sycophants don't strike me as the sort of people who I'd want to side with during a war. Easily turned. All but for the grace of god you and your mates weren't around during the last world war.
    I'm against the warmongers. You are for them.

"War Is A Racket." US Major General Smedley Butler said that. You can read his reasoning for those words here: https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

By the way, he is the same Smedley Butler who was approached to lead a coup to overthrow the US government, but he blew the whistle on them. That's some history that will never receive the Hollywood treatment because the kind of people who were behind the plot are running Hollywood and pretty much everything else in the US today.

Blog Entries

It seems that the US and its cohorts are determined to remove Assad, and Assad, Russia, Iran and probably China too are just as determined that he remains. The solution entails rockets, missiles and cyber wars between the main protagonists on a global scale.

In light of the above and in anticipation of your next question: yes, I do believe the next series of Loose Women will go ahead as scheduled.
    As long as the Loose Women are ok, happy days

If I had to think of someone for "special" services mate, I can't think of anyone more fitting.
    Ooosh

Haven't you read any of Organs or Glueys posts? They are scared of their own shadow.
    I think they are just trying to get across the seriousness of some of these things, I don't think they live in fear, not in the way it might come across, I hope not anyway.

I think they are just trying to get across the seriousness of some of these things, I don't think they live in fear, not in the way it might come across, I hope not anyway.
    Knowledge is power

As long as the Loose Women are ok, happy days

Ooosh

Almost like a Doomsday Prepper isn't living in fear but need to let the rest of us know about how serious the next end of the world is whilst building an air raid shelter and stock pilling 40 years worth of Bake Beans? It's a familiar scenario.

Some people are scared and panicky constantly, others aren't. I'm just glad I've been dealt the hand that means I'm not. After all if something is going to happen what's the point in worrying about it?
    Last edited by TruBlue; 25-09-16 at 23:14.

I'm against the warmongers. You are for them.

"War Is A Racket." US Major General Smedley Butler said that. You can read his reasoning for those words here: https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

By the way, he is the same Smedley Butler who was approached to lead a coup to overthrow the US government, but he blew the whistle on them. That's some history that will never receive the Hollywood treatment because the kind of people who were behind the plot are running Hollywood and pretty much everything else in the US today.
    You couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Corbynesque when it comes to war, but as you said I'm complacent about another World War. It's done me alright for all my life so far, you on the other hand admitted you wished you didn't know what you (think) yhou know the other day. Who's winning in that scenario?

Almost like a Doomsday Prepper isn't living in fear but need to let the rest of us know about how serious the next end of the world is? It's a familiar scenario.

Some people are scared and panicky constantly, others aren't. I'm just glad I've been dealt the hand that means I'm not. After all if something is going to happen what's the point in worrying about it?
    It's just a game, you take it far too seriously

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Knowledge is power
    You can also argue that ignorance is bliss

Almost like a Doomsday Prepper isn't living in fear but need to let the rest of us know about how serious the next end of the world is? It's a familiar scenario.

Doomsday Prepper sounds a bit extreme, we were taught to be prepared in the Brownies not always a bad thing, if it came to full on doom I'd rather just die quick tbh

You couldn't be further from the truth. I'm Corbynesque when it comes to war, but as you said I'm complacent about another World War. It's done me alright for all my life so far, you on the other hand admitted you wished you didn't know what you (think) yhou know the other day. Who's winning in that scenario?
    Some fair comments there. But I can assure you I'm out on the lash most days minus a gas mask and tin hat. Returning to Butler's book, I think he sets it out very well. It's why the US has been in perpetual conflict for so long. Everyone else collects the bankers' and corporations bills. It is indeed a beautiful money-making racket derived from misery.

Some fair comments there. But I can assure you I'm out on the lash most days minus a gas mask and tin hat. Returning to Butler's book, I think he sets it out very well. It's why the US has been in perpetual conflict for so long. Everyone else collects the bankers' and corporations bills. It is indeed a beautiful money-making racket derived from misery.
    If you are out of the lash most days I don't know why you are so worried about global events as that'll be the least of your worries.

Blog Entries

If you are out of the lash most days I don't know why you are so worried about global events as that'll be the least of your worries.
    For someone who does not care what's going on you spend a lot of time time arguing about what's not going on.

For someone who does not care what's going on you spend a lot of time time arguing about what's not going on.
    It's either entertain myself on here or be out on the lash with Igor. I can't afford it after a disastrous gold investment a few years ago.

Blog Entries

It's either entertain myself on here or be out on the lash with Igor. I can't afford it after a disastrous gold investment a few years ago.

This afternoon I'll be doing the Prince of Wales, then across the road up Westgate Street for the City Arms, Queens Vaults and The Gatekeeper. At the former I like to hang about in the outside area earwigging conversations and spread some doom and gloom amongst startled locals. It'll need to brighten up a bit by 1pm, though.

PS: This coming Friday's set to be a big, big day for the shiny stuff.

I only made it to the Prince of Wales today, it was raining a bit hard. I suppose you've been there? It's great how they managed to keep many of the original features of the picture hall. Was going to try Kiwi's too but it was wall-to-wall dosser types in there. Still, the fish and chips in Dorothy's in Caroline Street were tasty.

I only made it to the Prince of Wales today, it was raining a bit hard. I suppose you've been there? It's great how they managed to keep many of the original features of the picture hall. Was going to try Kiwi's too but it was wall-to-wall dosser types in there. Still, the fish and chips in Dorothy's in Caroline Street were tasty.
    If you've got such a decent retirement fund, why the f**k are you drinking in the down and outs pubs?