+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Toshack sacked

Toshack sacked

I had forgotten he was still working. Seems very harsh. He won the league in his first season, came second last time and got them to the African champions league semi final.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...anager-4147144

Re: Toshack sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I had forgotten he was still working. Seems very harsh. He won the league in his first season, came second last time and got them to the African champions league semi final.

He's coming home

I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He's coming home

I hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He's coming home

I hope not
    Hopefully to Swansea.

Wouldn't mind him 'upstairs' as a football voice on the board. Blooded a few of the current Welsh squad resulting in them being seasoned internationals now. Would trust Tosh's football knowledge over Tan, Dalman, Choo etc.

We could use him with the knowledge of Spain and Africa bet he could direct a few good signings our way.He has been at the biggest clubs in Europe so he must have something to offer us.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    We could use him with the knowledge of Spain and Africa bet he could direct a few good signings our way.He has been at the biggest clubs in Europe so he must have something to offer us.
    Yeah to right,Real Madrid and Swansea,get him here l say

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    Yeah to right,Real Madrid and Swansea,get him here l say
    I honestly think that he has a lot to offer.His contacts alone would be enough for me.Our current recruitment over the last few years is nothing short than dire.There are always people ready to scoff at any suggestion I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I honestly think that he has a lot to offer.His contacts alone would be enough for me.Our current recruitment over the last few years is nothing short than dire.There are always people ready to scoff at any suggestion I suppose.
    You've got the wrong end of the stick valley boy,l just had to mention the jacks when you rightly said he has managed the top teams in Europe you know how that gets some going on here,in fact he was respected enough in Spain to manage Real twice in his time.Your point about his contacts is bang on and if you look back on his career in management he really has done it all from div four to div one with the jacks and almost back again,he has managed on a shoe string budget and had massive amounts to spend in his time and been successful doing both get him here now ,if Tan is going to stick with Trollope then maybe Tosh would be more of a help to him than Lawrence is at the moment

A role as a ambassador role with a scouting portfolio ,might not be as insane as its sounds , he will have knowledge ,contacts around the world and give the club something it lacks,old skool presence ,as we are a bit naive and have been for a while , if not him then DJ .

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A role as a ambassador role with a scouting portfolio ,might not be as insane as its sounds , he will have knowledge ,contacts around the world and give the club something it lacks,old skool presence ,as we are a bit naive and have been for a while , if not him then DJ .
    Agree with that LoM. I've always thought Tosh had too much of an ego, but perhaps this is what our suits need to antagonise them into making better choices. The ambassador/scouting points are good ones. The hit Tosh took to blood this golden generation of Welsh footballers shows he has the conviction and passion for Welsh football too.

But I don't agree with the DJ part. Though there were some highlights, I think we have a tendancy to glorify Jones's time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post

Why the random Liverpool photo? Bizarre.

Toshack as manager with Bellers as his side-kick. What could possibly go wrong?