+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This board is brilliant!

Blog Entries

Re: This board is brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Now now Mrs Merkel
    She should be more careful with the superglue.

^^ I don't think she is Illuminati, just lost her Drinking Chocolate IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Now now Mrs Merkel
    Mrs Merton more like

Wow

Just wow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Mrs Merton more like
    Oh look out, here's Ginola.

This board has got potential but Mike and TOBW keep putting football posts on it ffs

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agree entirely - twice, I've thought I'd found an ad blocker for my I Pad that worked and twice it's taken me about half an hour to be made aware of the other things it causes to go wrong on there, so it seems a have no option but to put up with all of the advertising crap when using my 32 bit I Pad - on Monday I just gave up using it because an advert telling me I'd "won" another IPad just wouldn't go away even I continuously clicked on the "close" button.
    I rarely come on here now as its just a joke to navigate around. No point advertising on a board with no users which is where this is going.

And once they're gone they wont come back. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I couldn't post on here due to the ads but adblocker has sorted it out. Most sites I go on ad blocker stops on average 3-4 ads. On this forum it's 11 at the moment, no wonder people are struggling to post.

Also I used to browse this forum and it was ridiculously busy but it seems to have slowed down hugely recently, the same has happened to **** though so it's probably more to do with the apathy surrounding the club which both boards owners can't do anything about.
    I used to think I was reasonably intelligent, but after trying to get the version of AdBlocker that Mrs Steve R kindly put a link to to work, I think I must be as thick as two sort planks! I've installed it, but I'm still getting all of the same old annoying ads - I can only assume that it's for 64 Bit I Pads, not 32 Bit ones.

Blog Entries

I used to think I was reasonably intelligent, but after trying to get the version of AdBlocker that Mrs Steve R kindly put a link to to work, I think I must be as thick as two sort planks! I've installed it, but I'm still getting all of the same old annoying ads - I can only assume that it's for 64 Bit I Pads, not 32 Bit ones.
    I don't have that version so I don't know how different it is, you should have a page that says 'Ad blocking' or 'More blocking options' , do you see an option in there or on the browser that says 'Block element' ? you should be able to click on that then click the ad you want to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I don't have that version so I don't know how different it is, you should have a page that says 'Ad blocking' or 'More blocking options' , do you see an option in there or on the browser that says 'Block element' ? you should be able to click on that then click the ad you want to remove.

You tell 'um darling, if I can do it, any idiot can do it

Finished the ironing, have you. ?

How's your pissy neighbour these days, ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You tell 'um darling, if I can do it, any idiot can do it

Finished the ironing, have you. ?

How's your pissy neighbour these days, ?
    It may not be as easy on an ipad so don't get cocky

No, just having a break boss, that ok?

He's still around, I need a blind for the winter months as he will have the light on more at tea time

Before using the Chrome browser and its Adblock Plus add-on visiting this forum for more than ten minutes at a time was a sure way to want to find a cat to kick due to a barrage of pop-up ads appearing, some full page ones, and videos playing of their own accord.

I understand that Moggis' six foreign holidays each year don't come cheap, and that advice from his Buddhist hair restoration guru costs a pretty penny, but anyone who uses this site without an effective blocker has my sympathy.

It was good advice - as ever - from Mrs R, and its not you being 'thick' Bob! - its Apple/your iPad that is the culprit here I believe.

Older iPads are 32bit devices and (most) ad-blockers require/expect a 64bit device.

Obsolescence comes around quickly these days eh ?
    What's the saying? - something like, 'if you don't keep to the road .. you become the road' !

Apparently this is a 32bit ad-blocker. I cannot test it to verify, as I don't have a 32bit iPad

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adbl...121735583?mt=8

then there is this: 'Ghostery'.

Not an Ad blocker but an alternative web browser with blocking built in - apparently, and allegedly works on older iPads.
    Again I cannot test to verify this, but good luck

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghostery/id472789016

International

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    It was good advice - as ever - from Mrs R, and its not you being 'thick' Bob! - its Apple/your iPad that is the culprit here I believe.

Older iPads are 32bit devices and (most) ad-blockers require/expect a 64bit device.

Obsolescence comes around quickly these days eh ?
    What's the saying? - something like, 'if you don't keep to the road .. you become the road' !

Apparently this is a 32bit ad-blocker. I cannot test it to verify, as I don't have a 32bit iPad

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adbl...121735583?mt=8

then there is this: 'Ghostery'.

Not an Ad blocker but an alternative web browser with blocking built in - apparently, and allegedly works on older iPads.
    Again I cannot test to verify this, but good luck

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghostery/id472789016
    Thanks Vimana, and Mrs Steve R, I've installed the 32 bit ad blocker and it's working fine at the moment, but, as I mentioned before, I've installed a couple of those before which looked to be doing the job only for me to become aware of problems they were causing which made me have to delete them, so we'll how things go.

I've got AdBlocker installed on my PC and have no problems with that, but, increasingly, I find I'm using my IPad more to come on here and, at it's worst, I invariably end up giving up trying to post anything.

I used to love this board but the constant ads and redirects means I hardly use it anymore. It's such a shame and so frustrating to see what was once the best footy forum by a country mile disintegrate into an unusable ad fest.

Feedback

i dont post anywhere near as much as i used to, but thats because i dont really have much to say nowadays.

still come in and have a look around regularly though

Quote Originally Posted by THE DON View Post
    I used to love this board but the constant ads and redirects means I hardly use it anymore. It's such a shame and so frustrating to see what was once the best footy forum by a country mile disintegrate into an unusable ad fest.
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread, our leader's globetrotting doesn't come cheap. Many of his trips involve his lifelong quest for a miracle head hair follicle solution. It once took him to Nepal where a smooth-talking local conned him out of $50 by selling him a bag of goat dung which he claimed had special properties. For a whole week he kipped wearing a swim cap packed with it before he realised he had been had.

But he still dreams of one day having a comb over the like of the magnificent example sported by the fella pictured below.

a97315_c13.jpg

The goat dung he was instructed to rub into his scalp was fake. It was sham poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The goat dung he was instructed to rub into his scalp was fake. It was sham poo.
    You are clearly working with Organ Morgan to destabilise this board and undermine its founder.

Shame on you!

This board is the choice of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    This board is the choice of shit.
    Ho ho! Haven't heard that one on here for a while. Noice.

Had to ditch Ad Blocker I'm afraid because, just like the other ones I tried, it slowed my broadband right down and even stopped it completely at times. I'll probably give the browser Vimana mentioned a go, but it seems I have three options;-
    1. Continue with AdBlocker and have my IPad made far less workable than it is now.
    2. Continue without it and have this site made virtually unusable by all of the adverts.
    3. Do what I did when I first started using this board - just visit it on my PC.
    Think I'll opt for option 3 - thinking about it, it's only this board out of all the stuff I use on my iPad that is so littered with adverts - I wouldn't need an adblocker if it wasn't for this site.

i must be getting old

as i only do message boards on the PC, reading posts on a nice big screen is great

while our house has numerous Iphones and android touchpads, i still prefer to sit at the desk with a cuppa to the right and do what i do on message boards

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    A place to talk about the football club travesty we're addicted to, but also any other subject in the known universe. It's the best.
    I'm doing the work of three people on here so far. It must be the downsizing and austerity.