Thread: Swansea targeting Giggs....

Swansea targeting Giggs....

To replace Guidolin....according to the Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ing-francesco/

Re: Swansea targeting Giggs....

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    To replace Guidolin....according to the Daily Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...ing-francesco/
    That would surely be the end of them. Not that I know much about Giggs prowess as a manager.

I think its just a story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    That would surely be the end of them. Not that I know much about Giggs prowess as a manager.

I think its just a story.
    My thoughts too.

Swansea have been quite ruthless with their managers. Laudrup was sacked after a poor run, same with Monk. If Guidolin is sacked, that'll be 3 sackings in 2½ years. I presume they believe their players are better than they are, whereas the chopping and changing probably isn't doing them any good.

we always joked they would find their true level in the end

top / Middle prem league they are not

more worryingly is that Coleman has also been linked. Think this might be harder to turn down than Hull. Hope he stay with Wales.

Re: Giggs targeting players wives.....

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Giggs targeting all the players wives for some extra marital fun and games.
    Added to one of the directors , who is allegedly rather fond of the players wives, who would want to leave their wife at home down in Jack Land.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    more worryingly is that Coleman has also been linked. Think this might be harder to turn down than Hull. Hope he stay with Wales.
    I could manage the Wales team with Bales and Ramsey in it and they woulds still qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Would Colman really want that? Swansea are on their way down. It's just a matter of time. I don't think Coleman could stop it.

Laudrup is overrated due to his fantastic playing career. If Jose is criticised for staying at clubs for three years and only being good for two then then Laudrup raises this by staying two seasons and being good for one.

Monk was a good manager initially but he appeared drained. He's a bit lippy as well for someone who hasn't done anything.

Guidolin remains a risk, while he has successfully fought off relegation thus far I have not seen such a poor Swansea side for a number of years. I can see 6-8 championship sides being able to beat them at the moment.

Giggs would attract bigger names than Guidolin has appeared to been able to but could well be a Neville at Valencia.

Do you remember when they had a run of good appointments? Do you remember when they had hope new American investment would see purse strings relaxed? They're a long way away from the clever team that got promoted.

Can't argue with any of that.