+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clattenburg's Tattoos...

Clattenburg's Tattoos...

Re: Clattenburg's Tattoos...

Good ref, but a very, very vain man.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We now live in world where men are as conscious about their appearance as women. I love a well groomed man so it's all OK by me

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    We now live in world where men are as conscious about their appearance as women. I love a well groomed man so it's all OK by me
    I'd never have a tattoo, but my old man had one and he was certainly not a vain man. I also appreciate that the temptation to have one these days is greater than it was thirty or forty years ago when I would probably have been most likely to have one done. My labeling of Clattenburg was for an accumulation of things with the tattoo being one of them. It wouldn't have been fair to call Clattenburg a very, very vain man just on the basis of his tattoos, but add those other factors on (e.g. joining up with a sports agency and having a hair transplant) and I believe I'm justified in what I said.

Stole my thoughts, thinks he's chocolate, well an orange perma tan type of chocolate , he should grown up. I would not be shocked if something pops up in the press one day about him though, people like him can get above their station, and get carried away .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stole my thoughts, thinks he's chocolate, well an orange perma tan type of chocolate , he should grown up. I would not be shocked if something pops up in the press one day about him though, people like him can get above their station, and get carried away .
    I'll never forget his "performance" in this game. That was the worst refeering I've ever seen and I'm not convinced he wasn't cheating. Sending off Walton and Chops, not sending of Kandol. Disgraceful. Although Andy Woolmer at Luton runs him close.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ch.cardiffcity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/6349447.stm

He genuinely considers himself to be up there with the footballers themselves I think.

Can't stand watching him referee. It's like the clattenburg show

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    He genuinely considers himself to be up there with the footballers themselves I think.

Can't stand watching him referee. It's like the clattenburg show
    He certainly thinks he's part of the entertainment. The best refs are the ones you don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Being 'well turned out' is one thing, but, regards "the world we live in" there are probably a billion things more important for all of us to think about than wasting too much time on vanity, though the current global cult of 'me, me, me, look at me, and HEY! - look at me some more.. ' , will render this a lost point, and simply make me look like a moaning old f*art ;)

All the same, I do believe it is a case of deciding what our priorities are

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He certainly thinks he's part of the entertainment. The best refs are the ones you don't notice.
    I once had the misfortune to meet Rob Styles at a function, former professional referee, perma tan and incredibly arrogant and full of himself. Think with some of the refs they see themselves as much a "celebrity" as the footballers

Yeah, the way he waves his arms about on the pitch, it's all look at me! Fair play, he's a good ref, but he obviously loves himself. Think he's had a hair transplant as well?

Sharing the same stage as people actually playing for and with a chance of winning a trophy and getting a tattoo to commemorate it is weak-as-****.