+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Merthyr Town next home game

Merthyr Town next home game

The fans owned club have announced that for their next home game fans will be allowed to pay what they like to gain entry to the game,good idea,and do you think the city could try this?

Re: Merthyr Town next home game

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    The fans owned club have announced that for their next home game fans will be allowed to pay what they like to gain entry to the game,good idea,and do you think the city could try this?
    Not a bad idea, it'll save me changing the bag of coppers I got at one of thos Coinstar machines in Asda.

one of the non-league clubs on the south coast did something similar last season ( or might have been the one before that ) and reported the gate take was up a fair %

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    one of the non-league clubs on the south coast did something similar last season ( or might have been the one before that ) and reported the gate take was up a fair %
    I think it's being done in part because the last home game was abandoned at half time because of floodlight failure
    So it's a thank you to those fans and in the hope of attracting a few more I suppose anyway a great idea non the less

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not a bad idea, it'll save me changing the bag of coppers I got at one of thos Coinstar machines in Asda.
    lm sure any amount paid will help the cause,can't be easy to make ends meet when you've not got the backing of a billionaire of course if they did l bet they would let people in for free

lm sure any amount paid will help the cause,can't be easy to make ends meet when you've not got the backing of a billionaire of course if they did l bet they would let people in for free
    I was talking about watching City. I willingly give a tenner to watch Merthyr. Their match day experience is akin to watching Cardiff in the 80s and early 90s without the jip.

They even sell cob & chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I was talking about watching City. I willingly give a tenner to watch Merthyr. Their match day experience is akin to watching Cardiff in the 80s and early 90s without the jip.

They even sell cob & chips.
    Yeah your right so different to watching the City and a throw back to better days

Yeah your right so different to watching the City and a throw back to better days
    Not seen a City game since the rebrand (sorry folks). I can't say the match day experience before my decision was thrilling me but I will admit to enjoying a Merthyr game due to being able to stand on a terrace. The whole experience is a lot less orchestrated, more genuine and there is a positive vibe about the day.

It could be just me mind?

I think it's being done in part because the last home game was abandoned at half time because of floodlight failure
    So it's a thank you to those fans and in the hope of attracting a few more I suppose anyway a great idea non the less
    Oh i didnt know the reason

it worked well for this other team ( might have been weymouth, but dont hold me to that ) the gate attendance was a similar amount but the take was higher

we all dreamed of someone coming in to take us over back then though

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we all dreamed of someone coming in to take us over back then though
    It was a Hürlimann's induced dream which could be slept off on the Bob Bank.

A better idea down City would be pay what you like after the game

[QUOTE=Since64;4675691]The fans owned club have announced that for their next home game fans will be allowed to pay what they like to gain entry to the game,good idea,and do you think the city could try this?[/

They'd have to pay me, I'm afraid!