+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American football?

American football?

Anyone watch it?.

Teddy Bridgewater out for the season

I've got a fantasy league, drafting tomorrow if anyone fancies it?.

Re: American football?

i watch it, The Packers need to lay the overtime bogey and get the job done before Rodgers gets to old, one ring is not enough for one of the best QBs who ever played the game

Good win for the Vikes opening the stadium last night.

Despite struggling with the Packers best 2 players, pass interference and uncalled offensive holding.

Quote Originally Posted by cityviking View Post
    Good win for the Vikes opening the stadium last night.

Despite struggling with the Packers best 2 players, pass interference and uncalled offensive holding.
    we were crap tbh, long season ahead unless the offence starts firing, looks like the nfc north could be poor division this year

It was good to see the Rams back in LA. Apparently 22 years since they left for St Louis.......seems like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    we were crap tbh, long season ahead unless the offence starts firing, looks like the nfc north could be poor division this year
    TBF tho you were only as good as our D allowed you to look. Hopefully we can follow the Broncos model with stifling defence making up for a below average offence. Still a long way to go in the North, Packers get 4 straight at home now, I will be happy if we end up with matching records after those games.

Quote Originally Posted by cityviking View Post
    TBF tho you were only as good as our D allowed you to look. Hopefully we can follow the Broncos model with stifling defence making up for a below average offence. Still a long way to go in the North, Packers get 4 straight at home now, I will be happy if we end up with matching records after those games.
    Packers offence has been off for over a season, If Nelson gets back to pre injury form and Rodgers gets his mojo back we will be ok but two big ifs, ps your offensive line looks very ordinary and you've lost your RB to serious looking injury, tough times ahead for the Nfc north, still could be worse, could be a Bears fan

i watch it, The Packers need to lay the overtime bogey and get the job done before Rodgers gets to old, one ring is not enough for one of the best QBs who ever played the game
    I take it that comment about Rodger's is tongue in cheek

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I take it that comment about Rodger's is tongue in cheek
    Nope

Nope
    How does one of the best QBs to ever play the game get outplayed by Sam Bradford?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How does one of the best QBs to ever play the game get outplayed by Sam Bradford?
    have you read the thread? not his finest game and has been under par for a while, i suppose no player ever has bad spells or even bad games!!

[QUOTE]Highest career passer rating in regular season with a minimum of 1,500 passing attempts (105.1)[6]
    Most consecutive seasons with a passer rating of over 100.0, with 6 (2009–2014)[82]
    One of only four QB's to have a postseason passer rating of over 100.0[7]
    Lowest career pass interception % (1.6%)[9]
    Best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history (4.05)[8]
    Only player in NFL history to pass for over 4,000 yards in each of the first two seasons as a starting QB [82]
    Most consecutive touchdown passes at home without an interception, (including playoffs) (49)[83]
    Most consecutive passes without an interception at home, (including playoffs) (587)[83]
    One of only six quarterbacks (Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino) to pass for over 1,000 yards in a single postseason [84]
    Threw the fewest interceptions (42) before throwing 150th career touchdown (Dan Marino threw 69 interceptions)[85]
    Threw the fewest interceptions (53) before throwing 200th career touchdown (Tom Brady threw 88 interceptions)[86]
    21,332 passing yards from 2008–12, the most by a QB in his first five seasons as a starter.[84]
    Second highest (tied) career completion percentage (66.0%).[87]
    Fewest attempts to get to 30,000 passing yards, with 3,652[88]
    Single season and games
    Single season QB Passer Rating (122.5)[89][90]
    /QUOTE]
    plus two times NFL MVP
    Last edited by Packerman; 19-09-16 at 14:50.

Packers offence has been off for over a season, If Nelson gets back to pre injury form and Rodgers gets his mojo back we will be ok but two big ifs, ps your offensive line looks very ordinary and you've lost your RB to serious looking injury, tough times ahead for the Nfc north, still could be worse, could be a Bears fan
    Our O line has been horrible for years and is by far the biggest weakness on the team.

Hate to say it but Peterson being out may be a blessing in disguise, he looks like age may have caught up with him.

Without him teams will stack the box less and open things up, it will allow us to go with more shotgun and spread looks, when Peterson was suspended 2 seasons ago Asiata and Mckinnon combined for a decent amount of yards.

[QUOTE=Packerman;4674838]
    Highest career passer rating in regular season with a minimum of 1,500 passing attempts (105.1)[6]
    Most consecutive seasons with a passer rating of over 100.0, with 6 (2009–2014)[82]
    One of only four QB's to have a postseason passer rating of over 100.0[7]
    Lowest career pass interception % (1.6%)[9]
    Best touchdown to interception ratio in NFL history (4.05)[8]
    Only player in NFL history to pass for over 4,000 yards in each of the first two seasons as a starting QB [82]
    Most consecutive touchdown passes at home without an interception, (including playoffs) (49)[83]
    Most consecutive passes without an interception at home, (including playoffs) (587)[83]
    One of only six quarterbacks (Kurt Warner, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning and Dan Marino) to pass for over 1,000 yards in a single postseason [84]
    Threw the fewest interceptions (42) before throwing 150th career touchdown (Dan Marino threw 69 interceptions)[85]
    Threw the fewest interceptions (53) before throwing 200th career touchdown (Tom Brady threw 88 interceptions)[86]
    21,332 passing yards from 2008–12, the most by a QB in his first five seasons as a starter.[84]
    Second highest (tied) career completion percentage (66.0%).[87]
    Fewest attempts to get to 30,000 passing yards, with 3,652[88]
    Single season and games
    Single season QB Passer Rating (122.5)[89][90]
    /QUOTE]
    plus two times NFL MVP
    So one of the best QB's (stats-wise) over a 5 year period?

[QUOTE=NYCBlue;4674852]

So one of the best QB's (stats-wise) over a 5 year period?
    well, his career isn't over yet, plus he was kept out of the team by another future hall of fame QB a certain Brett Favre
    Last edited by Packerman; 19-09-16 at 15:47.

I'm getting into American Football - and the live games shown on Kodi....

The Bengals were cheated out of a win yesterday evening by terrible referees

John Riggins still playing?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    John Riggins still playing?
    diesel Riggins

diesel Riggins
    Could be him yeah. He was awesome back in the 80s when I used to watch it religiously.
    Sunday nights after Bullseye (well you couldn't beat a bit of bully)

Could be him yeah. He was awesome back in the 80s when I used to watch it religiously.
    Sunday nights after Bullseye (well you couldn't beat a bit of bully)
    played for the Redskins, nicknamed diesel because he wasn't the fastest but he was strong and hard to stop, lots of torque

played for the Redskins, nicknamed diesel because he wasn't the fastest but he was strong and hard to stop, lots of torque
    That's him
    William Perry was another of the same ilk but he looked twice the height and weight.
    Riggins I remember being the man for Washington as Dan Marino was for the Dolphins.
    With all the sports and footie on these days, especially Sunday, I don't feel the enthusiasm to watch the NFL any more except perhaps a couple of the playoffs and SB is always a spectacle.
    Once you start to watch a few games tho it becomes addictive.

Who are your tips for the SB this year Packerman, assume the Packers of course?

I'd sooner watch The Real Housewives of Gilfach Goch or similar shite than American fecking football.

TV fans of a sport played thousands of miles saying 'we' and 'us'. Worra load of bollox!

That's him
    William Perry was another of the same ilk but he looked twice the height and weight.
    Riggins I remember being the man for Washington as Dan Marino was for the Dolphins.
    With all the sports and footie on these days, especially Sunday, I don't feel the enthusiasm to watch the NFL any more except perhaps a couple of the playoffs and SB is always a spectacle.
    Once you start to watch a few games tho it becomes addictive.

Who are your tips for the SB this year Packerman, assume the Packers of course?
    steelers or patriots in the afc, packers or cardinals in the nfc

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I'd sooner watch The Real Housewives of Gilfach Goch or similar shite than American fecking football.

TV fans of a sport played thousands of miles saying 'we' and 'us'. Worra load of bollox!
    great contribution as usual