+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: With a bit of luck

With a bit of luck

we will be playing the Jacks next season

Re: With a bit of luck

I wouldn't bet on it. You'll have to go a bit to get into the playoffs. Meanwhile Swans were much improved today against the classy Champions-elect. We might have found Ash's replacement - Mike van der Hoorn. If Guido gets the message that Swans are a front-foot attacking team and lets the team play without fear, then we'll be comfortably safe. Still a tough few weeks to come though. Most encouraged today though even on the back of a 3-1 defeat. We matched them and were the better team for large portions of the game. We'll be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    I wouldn't bet on it. You'll have to go a bit to get into the playoffs. Meanwhile Swans were much improved today against the classy Champions-elect. We might have found Ash's replacement - Mike van der Hoorn. If Guido gets the message that Swans are a front-foot attacking team and lets the team play without fear, then we'll be comfortably safe. Still a tough few weeks to come though. Most encouraged today though even on the back of a 3-1 defeat. We matched them and were the better team for large portions of the game. We'll be alright.
    You might be right. But playing well in games you perhaps expect to lose is not really the yardstick. It's playing well and getting results in those games you would expect to win. Early doors but some encouraging signs so far.

I'll be happy if the new Ash sees 3 fly past him every week

Agreed. But you've got to appreciate how bad we've been.

It's always appreciated when you're bad

Can I just ask if this is the same Van der Hoorn who got done like a kipper by aguero's first and then elbowed someone in the face to give away a pelanty?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Can I just ask if this is the same Van der Hoorn who got done like a kipper by aguero's first and then elbowed someone in the face to give away a pelanty?

Looked the part didn't he

My reply was to Baloo's post above. I meant to add 'we played better today than we have all season, but we were up against an exceptional side. We won't be up against Man City every week. We just have to play like we are. We'll be alright'

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBelly View Post
    It's always appreciated when you're bad
    Don't get above yourself. We gave Man City a game today and narrowly lost. Your lot beat Rotherham.

My reply was to Baloo's post above. I meant to add 'we played better today than we have all season, but we were up against an exceptional side. We won't be up against Man City every week. We just have to play like we are. We'll be alright'
    There was no pressure in the jacks in that match - it was a bonus game that everyone expected them to lose (we'll have the same when we go to Newcastle).

It's hardly that I watch Swansea every week, but I've seen nothing yet from them to alter the feeling I got in the final couple of months of last season that they could well go down in 16/17. We talk about developing a "Cardiff Way", but there definitely was something called the "Swansea Way" and they had it for getting on for a decade, but they've lost it for now and I'm pretty confident they'll go down if they don't regain it.

Its threads like this that we miss Grangetownblue's posts

i am pretty sure with the mention of Ash, he would be all over this

It's very easy to get up for a game against Pep's Man City but to be so poor against a slow-starting Southampton indicates this is going to be Swansea's weakest campaign in a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's very easy to get up for a game against Pep's Man City but to be so poor against a slow-starting Southampton indicates this is going to be Swansea's weakest campaign in a number of years.
    I can't argue with that - nor will most Swans fans at present - go on any Swans message board and you will find similar sentiments. Which brings me to my OP on this thread which was that today was most encouraging even if it ended in defeat. That is because the Swans played some lovely stuff and some players looked like they were coming into form - Llorente looked like a player, van der Hoorn apart from the pen was excellent, Routledge, Naughton and Gylfi were excellent, and Rangel and Britton made you wish for some elixir of youth that could knock 10 years off them - they were immaculate. Yes we lost but we looked like a team again and that is the best thing that happened to us today.

I can't argue with that - nor will most Swans fans at present - go on any Swans message board and you will find similar sentiments. Which brings me to my OP on this thread which was that today was most encouraging even if it ended in defeat. That is because the Swans played some lovely stuff and some players looked like they were coming into form - Llorente looked like a player, van der Hoorn apart from the pen was excellent, Routledge, Naughton and Gylfi were excellent, and Rangel and Britton made you wish for some elixir of youth that could knock 10 years off them - they were immaculate. Yes we lost but we looked like a team again and that is the best thing that happened to us today.

You've got enough to stay up in my opinion but it depends hugely on Sigurdsson once again. Losing Williams is massive and he was from my point of view the last of the leaders at the club who have seen it evolve from the depths.
    Needless to say I hope you go down but I think our issues exceed yours 1000 fold

Don't get above yourself. We gave Man City a game today and narrowly lost. Your lot beat Rotherham.
    Sense of humour failure? Anyone would think you're worried...