+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MNF this week "A must miss"

MNF this week "A must miss"

The media love-in with Liverpool continues for Burnley v Watford with guest Jurgen the German...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ball-this-week

But-thee-do-doh-dont-dee-doh!

Li-pool. Premier League champions elect.... again! :rolleyes smiley:

Re: MNF this week "A must miss"

Why would the media be happy to have another competitive team in the EPL? It makes no sense, isn't two enough?

I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I'd give my left arm to watch football like theirs at Cardiff. It will be good to hear what he has to say

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm looking forward to it to be honest. I'd give my left arm to watch football like theirs at Cardiff. It will be good to hear what he has to say
    Yeah me too, great entertainment.

He's the new Mourinho before he got incredibly boring with his "poor us" antics and his ego totally took over

Klopp is a really likeable manager even if he can be a bit annoying on the touch line at times.

Seems to be a really intelligent guy and manager too, I imagine it'll be an interesting watch.

Hate Liverpool but like Klopp, top manager and very intelligent. Will be tuning in just to hear his views and have a watch of an exciting Watford side.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why would the media be happy to have another competitive team in the EPL? It makes no sense, isn't two enough?
    Liverpool won't be competitive come the end of the season, they'll be lucky to get a Europa league place.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Liverpool won't be competitive come the end of the season, they'll be lucky to get a Europa league place.
    In which case, I'm sure the media will pipe down. In the meantime, I enjoyed watching them and Arsenal this weekend.

Not disagreeing with the pro-Klopp comments, he is a likeable and obviously talented individual.
    My OP yesterday may have misled people (poor heading pribably) a little to thinking it was directed at Klopp and the subtle reference to "Jurgen the German" coupled with use of the 'calm down' smiley were possibly lost on people who replied... Harry Enfield characters both.

No, although I don't particularly like Liverpool* (probably deep rooted from their domination back in the 70's stroke 80's), I posted it to express my displeasure on the fact that the TV and media in general have an unhealthy penchant for anything Liverpool.

Pundits are all over the place on all channels. Souness, Thompson, Owen, Mcmanaman, Murphy, Colleymore, Lawrenson, Hansen, Gerrard, Carragher (im sure I've left some out), most offering their sycophantic gibberish on past "glories".

It just seems to me you have to have Liverpool somewhere on your cv to get a job on the telly.

Jurgen Klopp I am sure will be good value but I've a feeling it will be a Liverpool love-in and I will not be tuning in as i cannot bear to listen to that whining scouse Jamie Carragher.
    Not only does his voice go right through me, IMO he's a poor replacement for the man who made Monday night football enjoyable with all its state of the art gadgets, the impartial Gary Neville.
    Even when Liverpool are not being scrutinised in his show, he will always manage a reference to them

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him. How could you not love playing, aging for that guy. Sometimes when I watch teams like Citeh and Liverpool this season it's like they are playing a different sport to us!
    Klopp didn't let Carragher get a word in haha

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed listening to him. How could you not love playing, aging for that guy. Sometimes when I watch teams like Citeh and Liverpool this season it's like they are playing a different sport to us!
    Klopp didn't let Carragher get a word in haha
    I have to confess I did see a bit of him, had no choice actually as SSN kept touting it and showing bits before the MNF.
    He is very charismatic for sure.
    He makes a simple game sound simple which I find a refreshing change these days.

As for comparisons, I don't think one can even mention them and us in the same sentence. We may only be one division apart but light years away in talent and potential (symptomatic of the ambitions of the owners and board I guess).
    If the measuring device were Tan's trousers, Liverpool would be tickling his tash while City just above his spats.

I might even watch it on catchup now I know squeaky was quiet