+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rory McIlroy

Rory McIlroy

Missed a put for 11 million dollars in sudden death playoff

Re: Rory McIlroy

Got it done in the playoff though. When that boy's putting well he's pretty much unbeatable, looking good for next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Got it done in the playoff though. When that boy's putting well he's pretty much unbeatable, looking good for next weekend!
    Awesome!
    Really Looking forward to the RC now

I'll be at Hazeltine for Thursday's final practice day and Opening Ceremony.

If you've never seen in the flesh what these guys can do with a golf ball, you're missing a treat.

After Thursday will be sat in front of the screen watching every move. Somehow though, I can't believe this one can live up to the last few encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I'll be at Hazeltine for Thursday's final practice day and Opening Ceremony.

If you've never seen in the flesh what these guys can do with a golf ball, you're missing a treat.

After Thursday will be sat in front of the screen watching every move. Somehow though, I can't believe this one can live up to the last few encounters.
    I was there for 2010 - brilliant atmosphere, the only problem I have watching Golf live, is that I always seem to be at the wrong place when the good stuff happens i.e in my infinite wisdom, I reckoned that the final match would go to the wire, so when it was all going nuts on 17, I was sat in the stand on the 18th green!

It used to be the case that watching them I used to think "I can do that" - the difference was that every shot a pro hit, was like my best shot, every time. These days though, they are so athletic they bomb it such obscene distances it's like a different game.

I fancy the Americans to win this year, good captain, home advantage, more experience in the team. Obviously hope we win though!

I was there for 2010 - brilliant atmosphere, the only problem I have watching Golf live, is that I always seem to be at the wrong place when the good stuff happens i.e in my infinite wisdom, I reckoned that the final match would go to the wire, so when it was all going nuts on 17, I was sat in the stand on the 18th green!

It used to be the case that watching them I used to think "I can do that" - the difference was that every shot a pro hit, was like my best shot, every time. These days though, they are so athletic they bomb it such obscene distances it's like a different game.

I fancy the Americans to win this year, good captain, home advantage, more experience in the team. Obviously hope we win though!
    I was lucky enough to walk inside the ropes with Olly when he won the Epson at St.Pierre in 1991, I'd never seen shots shaped like that before (or since), his drives were parallel to the ground for the first 50 yards or so before taking off.

Show offs!
    Nearest I got to the RC was for the practice round on the Wednesday at Celtic Manor but get what you mean about the pros and the thing they can do with that ball. One word....."AWESOME!!"

That's why I'll watch the real action on TV; US to win for me as well but the experience will do the European newcomers a lot of good. Where's 2018 being played?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    That's why I'll watch the real action on TV; US to win for me as well but the experience will do the European newcomers a lot of good. Where's 2018 being played?
    France.