+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who said being a dad was easy

Who said being a dad was easy

Got woken by screams from the wife at midnight tonight. My little 9 month old baby girl was having a febrile seizure and had a very high temp....down the hospital at the moment and thankfully the signs are that its not meningitis.

**** me it was the scariest 10 mins of my life witing for the ambulance.

Re: Who said being a dad was easy

I'm sure it was. I remember driving my little boy to the hospital, when he had croup and couldn't breath. I was fine until I got there, but once they took him off my hands I totally lost it.

I'm glad everything turned out OK for you and your family. Good luck.

Glad to hear that everything seems to be okay .

Glad to hear it's not too serious. I know it's a cliche, but it doesn't end when they grow up either.

Hope this helps lol

Hopefully she's on the mend this morning.

The first 25 years are the worst.

Jeez that's awful. Hoping for a swift and complete recovery for your daughter. Terrifying.

Mine is three months old and that's the kind of thing that scares the shit out of me (as it should).

It was the feeling of total and pathetic helplessness that got to me in these kind of situations.

Hope the crisis is over.

It's not easy, but it is definitely fun.
    I nearly lost my wife and daughter (1st child) during the delivery and all I could do was sit back and watch on helplessly in theatre. That's the moment when it all hits home is when everyone around you is rushing about doing their jobs and you're in slow-mo thinking WTF.
    Hope all is well and recovery is swift.

Feedback

my youngest had a febrile seizure once upon a time. he'd over heated in his room at night and was shaking violently. the ambulance staff were great and told me that in 99% of the time the people who need the immediate medical treatment are the parents (meaning to overcome the panic and stress) and that simply cooling the baby down can alleviate the problem.

good luck, hope the nipper is good.

Hope she's well today, such a scary moment when you are completely incapable of providing the assistance she needs. My little one was born 7 days ago, and living in a region where the first language is French and me still in the process of learning, makes it all the more daunting.

Wishing you all the best.

good luck

it doesnt get easier but as they get bigger they can at least tell you whats wrong

Hope she stays well and comes home soon.

Still have nightmares of when my daughter had pneumonia when sh was 3 awful feeling when they're not well hope your daughter is better soon

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Glad to hear it's not too serious. I know it's a cliche, but it doesn't end when they grow up either.

This ^^^^^

Anyone who says “being a father is easy” either isn’t a father or is an idiot. As someone did famously once say “any fool can father a child, it takes a real man to be a father”! Their age doesn’t matter when they are seriously ill – they are still your kids and to watch them suffer is tough.

Glad that your little one is o.k. These situations remind you of the important things in life like love and family.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The first 25 years are the worst.
    The following 25 leave with very little money ,or time, then comes grandchildren ,babysitting ,childcare ,schools support runs ,holidays in noisy family hotels, the misery of watching the City keeps me on the up .