+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 8 Mile (no not the Eminem film)

8 Mile (no not the Eminem film)

Starting soon eight miles of the M4 around Newport will have variable speed cameras in operation, so if you are unable to keep withing the signed mph for the eight miles section, expect a letter in the post with a fine and then some penalty points on your licence.

Re: 8 Mile (no not the Eminem film)

Quote Originally Posted by tigerbaybluebird View Post
    It was worse last Monday morning when once again a small accident caused chaos, not only on the M4 but all of the surrounding roads and lanes get affected as well every time it happens. I was in Ty Mawr lane (Castleton) this morning at 7.15 am and the queues to join the main Cardiff-Newport road were a nightmare.

Great reporting

09:03

Still busy around J31

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Great reporting

09:03

Still busy around J31

It's going to get much worse as the delays will be every day, once the ANPR cameras are switched on. They've been installed for five years but have not been used until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    It's going to get much worse as the delays will be every day, once the ANPR cameras are switched on. They've been installed for five years but have not been used until now.
    WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST BUILD THE EFFING RELIEF ROAD, THANK YOU!!

Amber speed limit in the red circle has mean't that most of the limits have been advisory, it's only when the limit is in white that the limit is mandatory, i think i heard this morning that for 2 weeks you'll just receive a naughty boys letter with the prosecutions to begin after this grace period, I think it's a decent way to introduce the fines TBF but I am glad they are about to do something about it, the relief road is desperately needed but we'll have a 5 year enquiry to decide the route before another 5 years to get it up and running.

Starting soon eight miles of the M4 around Newport will have variable speed cameras in operation, so if you are unable to keep withing the signed mph for the eight miles section, expect a letter in the post with a fine and then some penalty points on your licence.
    About time, that will sort out the Audi drivers and reduce deaths and poor driving

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST BUILD THE EFFING RELIEF ROAD, THANK YOU!!
    think Brexit might be effecting this funding

"" Wales has had £4bn in what is called structural funding from the EU since 2000 according the Welsh Government.
    That had been set to continue until 2020. It is now unclear what will happen "

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    think Brexit might be effecting this funding

"" Wales has had £4bn in what is called structural funding from the EU since 2000 according the Welsh Government.
    That had been set to continue until 2020. It is now unclear what will happen "

You may well be right here but i'm not sure what the excuse has been for 18 years pre Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Amber speed limit in the red circle has mean't that most of the limits have been advisory, it's only when the limit is in white that the limit is mandatory, i think i heard this morning that for 2 weeks you'll just receive a naughty boys letter with the prosecutions to begin after this grace period, I think it's a decent way to introduce the fines TBF but I am glad they are about to do something about it, the relief road is desperately needed but we'll have a 5 year enquiry to decide the route before another 5 years to get it up and running.
    In the meantime the tailbacks are going to get worse every morning, not just on the days when there's been a small two vehicle bump. Coalpit lane has become rat run in the mornings with about 30/40 vehicles all queuing to get onto the main Cardiff-Newport road at Castleton as people look for all sorts of diversions from about 6.30am onwards.