+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The right wing on this board..

The right wing on this board..

are moving closer and closer to fascism.

The board used to be balanced politically, but I guess as the country has moved further and further to the right over the last 30 years, this board is just a reflection of that societal shift.

30 years ago there would have been outrage at some of the topics that have been raised on here over the last few weeks, but nowadays apart from apathy, there is just an overwhelming acceptance of political situations as if they are normal.

Today we learn that despite 4,000 plus civilians in Yemen being bombed to death over the last 18 months by Saudi Arabia, the British government has blocked any attempt to hold a UN inquiry into what is going on in Yemen. Why? Because we are one of the main arms suppliers to the Saudi government and hence we are responsible for the bombs that are being dropped there.

People have become dumbed down by corporate mainstream media which in the main just acts as a stenographer for government policies and seem perfectly relaxed about being experts on consumerism, buying things on eBay, while being relatively naive and somewhat disconnected about politics.

A nation which used to be so passionate about politics, are still passionate, only now it's about Primark.

Re: The right wing on this board..

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post

The board used to be balanced politically, but I guess as the country has moved further and further to the right over the last 30 years, this board is just a reflection of that societal shift.

30 years ago there would have been outrage at some of the topics that have been raised on here over the last few weeks, but nowadays apart from apathy, there is just an overwhelming acceptance of political situations as if they are normal.

Today we learn that despite 4,000 plus civilians in Yemen being bombed to death over the last 18 months by Saudi Arabia, the British government has blocked any attempt to hold a UN inquiry into what is going on in Yemen. Why? Because we are one of the main arms suppliers to the Saudi government and hence we are responsible for the bombs that are being dropped there.

People have become dumbed down by corporate mainstream media which in the main just acts as a stenographer for government policies and seem perfectly relaxed about being experts on consumerism, buying things on eBay, while being relatively naive and somewhat disconnected about politics.

A nation which used to be so passionate about politics, are still passionate, only now it's about Primark.

https://mobile.twitter.com/crimesofbrits?lang=en-gb

You would be one of the few wto say this. Most say this board is extremely left.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    You would be one of the few wto say this. Most say this board is extremely left.
    Because I tell it like it is and seek no favours from anyone. The truth is the truth and it fears no form of investigation.

Because I tell it like it is and seek no favours from anyone. The truth is the truth and it fears no form of investigation.
    Or tell it like yyou want to think it is. This board is more left wing than right, which is hardly surprising considering it's based on a South Wales football team.

I'm also seeking no favours from anyone.

Right wing and left wing are no longer meaningful. Things that were once called left wing ( e.g. open borders) are now being advocated by those who were formally called right wing (big businesses). Things that were once called right wing (e.g. criticism of Jewish influence) are now advocated by those who were formally called left wing. Hardly anyone has been a fascist since WW2. It is just a label for someone you don't like.

It is stupid and lazy to take a left wing or right wing stance on every issue because you are playing into the hands of those who define what left wing and right wing mean. Every issue should be debated on its merits.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Right wing and left wing are no longer meaningful. Things that were once called left wing ( e.g. open borders) are now being advocated by those who were formally called right wing (big businesses). Things that were once called right wing (e.g. criticism of Jewish influence) are now advocated by those who were formally called left wing. Hardly anyone has been a fascist since WW2. It is just a label for someone you don't like.

It is stupid and lazy to take a left wing or right wing stance on every issue because you are playing into the hands of those who define what left wing and right wing mean. Every issue should be debated on its merits.
    I beg to differ with you on the issue of fascism David. Revisionist Zionism was based purely on fascist principles and values. The Revisionists had one base in fascist Italy hosted by Mussolini and 40 training bases in Nazi Germany between 1933-40. Revisionist Zionism has dominated Israeli politics since the early 1970's continuously, only these days it's name is Likud.

If you research it you will find that Netanyahu's father was the right-hand man for Jabotinsky, who was the founder of Revisionist Zionism, so there is a political timeline continuum right the way through from the 1930's until the present day.

I think you're wrong here Dai.

I'd say there are more left wingers on here than right.

Maybe the reason why you think people are apathetic about politics is because they aren't as passionate or vocal as you?

Pretty pathetic attempt to try to victimise yourself.

When you've got more hatred in your little toe than all of us combined.

You voted to leave the EU for a fecking start.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I think you're wrong here Dai.

I'd say there are more left wingers on here than right.

Maybe the reason why you think people are apathetic about politics is because they aren't as passionate or vocal as you?
    Doc, it's CCMB, I'm not allowed to be right. Of course I'm wrong as evidenced by the waves and waves of right thinking lefties that have gone AWOLl on here in the intervening years.

Do a rollcall. Let me know if you get passed ten...

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Pretty pathetic attempt to try to victimise yourself.

When you've got more hatred in your little toe than all of us combined.

You voted to leave the EU for a fecking start.
    Some of us are natural joiners, some of us are natural leavers.

in the run up to the GE it was pretty obvious that the board is left leaning. most of the posters who are left leaning like eric cartman and tommy31 to name but two don't bother with the politics forum anymore, no idea why

It is very strange that you class yourself as left wing yet voted against free movement within the EU.

Morally righteous, this post is so self congratulatory it is funny, yet don't want the negative aspects of being left wing.

Can't pick and choose butty.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 26-09-16 at 12:56.

The board is definitely more left than right. No question, but you'd have to actually read the posts to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    It is very strange that you class yourself as left wing yet voted against free movement within the EU.

Morally righteous, this post is so self congratulatory it is funny, yet don't want the negative aspects of being left wing.

Can't pick and choose butty.
    I'm not a slave to policies.Took no interest at all in the campaign for either side as I've pointed out previously. My mind was made up in 1975 only this year I got the opportunity to vote for what I wanted.

Blog Entries

I'm no longer on the left as I refuse to be a hypocrite, I'm with DV on the white lines now.

I beg to differ with you on the issue of fascism David. Revisionist Zionism was based purely on fascist principles and values. The Revisionists had one base in fascist Italy hosted by Mussolini and 40 training bases in Nazi Germany between 1933-40. Revisionist Zionism has dominated Israeli politics since the early 1970's continuously, only these days it's name is Likud.

If you research it you will find that Netanyahu's father was the right-hand man for Jabotinsky, who was the founder of Revisionist Zionism, so there is a political timeline continuum right the way through from the 1930's until the present day.
    those poor old Zionists, having another bad day,when will they ever learn

I'm not a slave to policies.Took no interest at all in the campaign for either side as I've pointed out previously. My mind was made up in 1975 only this year I got the opportunity to vote for what I wanted.
    Good of you to admit you are entrenched in an ever changing world.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    in the run up to the GE it was pretty obvious that the board is left leaning. most of the posters who are left leaning like eric cartman and tommy31 to name but two don't bother with the politics forum anymore, no idea why
    Probably sums it up. He has scared away the majority that used to join in, and the majority were most definately left leaning.

So because of Daves hatred he has created a world he does not like. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Good of you to admit you are entrenched in an ever changing world.
    I was 'entrenched' in the belief that I did not want a political union with Europe as it was always going to lead to reduction of sovereignty for the British people. The final straw for quite a few was the idea of a united European army which would act on instructions from Brussels. No thank you...

I was 'entrenched' in the belief that I did not want a political union with Europe as it was always going to lead to reduction of sovereignty for the British people. The final straw for quite a few was the idea of a united European army which would act on instructions from Brussels. No thank you...
    But you are entrenched in most of your other views too are you not?

Banned

There used to be interesting/eventful political chat on CCMB, those days are pretty much gone. When I see something interesting I reply. The problem with having a politics forum is that you don't get the same broad range of people replying.

The politics forum is just full of conspiracy theorists peddling their chosen aspect from their ivory tower, trolls who just snipe and offer no opinion of their own and then NEM who doesn't fit into any category that I can think of.

I'm here now and again, but yeah.. the topics don't tend to interest me anymore. Where there are topics that do (such as corbyn's win on saturday) I try and comment.

After a while, debating the same people about the same things gets boring. This forum is exciting when there's an election or something on because more people take part.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    I'm here now and again, but yeah.. the topics don't tend to interest me anymore. Where there are topics that do (such as corbyn's win on saturday) I try and comment.

After a while, debating the same people about the same things gets boring. This forum is exciting when there's an election or something on because more people take part.
    Also, considering Labour changed their entire stance on single market membership last week and there wasnt a single topic on it, it seems people here don't tend to care about politics in wales, which is the only politics I'm interested in. Perhaps it's not the right board for me to be on