+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Allardyce gone

Re: Big Sam doing a bit of dirty work!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I was amazed Sam got the England job as he was linked with some dodgy dealings a few years back together with 'Arry (which likely counted against him when he was in the frame as England manager).

Just goes to show, a leopard don change its spots
    That was in the back of my mind. Wasnt he on a football expose program along with his son, both were shown to be dodgy money grabbing characters ?

No way back for him here I reckon. Maybe get his P45 before the next England game.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    No way back for him here I reckon. Maybe get his P45 before the next England game.
    Spedger
    Can we have him

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'll be a bit gutted for him if he gets the sack.

Apart from the fact that he's got a head like a buffalo, how can you not like the guy responsible for the Chico Flores thing a few years back?

He deserved the England job for that in itself.
    Chico has played the long game here.
    Loving it...
    CtWvs2BXgAAkJ72.jpg

He's just hours away from being sacked. What's even funnier is the fact he has managed the England Soccer Aid team (3 games) more than the England national side (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Very hard to justify not sacking him after all this. The FA will be trying their hardest to keep him - but I think it's curtains for Old Big Head
    I think the opposite on both counts

It's not much to sack him on. If you look at what he said, it's not so bad. He said there's big money to be made (well, that's true) but he didn't actively help them do anything, even though they must have desperately wanted him to. The 'Woy' bit is unpleasant and embarrassing but the whole thing is not that much for 10 months work.

Not sure that the FA will be fighting that hard to keep him. He hasn't really got enough credit in the bank for them to back him completely. They might think that sacking for breach of something in his contract, thus without a payoff, is the best thing for them to do PR-wise. Why would they try to keep him when the fake sheik thing did for Sven?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...dyce-for-sale/

Give it a good read, it's brilliant
    He accuses the FA of being "all about the money". As ironies go, that's universal class.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I think the opposite on both counts

It's not much to sack him on. If you look at what he said, it's not so bad. He said there's big money to be made (well, that's true) but he didn't actively help them do anything, even though they must have desperately wanted him to. The 'Woy' bit is unpleasant and embarrassing but the whole thing is not that much for 10 months work.

Not sure that the FA will be fighting that hard to keep him. He hasn't really got enough credit in the bank for them to back him completely. They might think that sacking for breach of something in his contract, thus without a payoff, is the best thing for them to do PR-wise. Why would they try to keep him when the fake sheik thing did for Sven?
    Just to add to this, and completely confuse everything - I do think he's dodgy and am quite sure the Panorama stuff hit home because there was a lot of truth there and no doubt a lot more beside. But there's not much evidence here, as hilarious as it would be if there was something very juicy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    We played better against England than we did against Slovakia and Northern Ireland. We lost because we kept retreating and they showed a huge amount of passion and will to win in the second half of that game that they didn't seem to show in their other games.
    The mind boggles. It was our worst performance by far

I bet there are a few managers about who are wondering if they will be the next to be exposed.I get the feeling that this is rife in the game.Where you have such vast amounts of money people will be tempted to fill their pockets.We can always rely on the English media to destroy the England manager but its taken double quick time on this occassion.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I bet there are a few managers about who are wondering if they will be the next to be exposed.I get the feeling that this is rife in the game.Where you have such vast amounts of money people will be tempted to fill their pockets.We can always rely on the English media to destroy the England manager but its taken double quick time on this occassion.
    I think i read it was an ongoing investigation, it wasn't just to get big Sam, hes just the first to be exposed.
    You're right, many other managers may be shitting it a bit today, apparently 5 English managers and 2 international ones I've seen reported.
    Last edited by Charlie; 27-09-16 at 14:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I think i read it was an ongoing investigation, it wasn't just to get big Sam, hes just the first to be exposed.
    You're right, many other managers may be shitting it a bit today, apparently 5 English managers and 2 international ones I've seen reported.
    We're probably not allowed to name names on here, but I think the Pulis, sorry, the Police may be busy.

Be a shame to see him get sacked, I reckon, given the opportunity, he could have been worse than Woy.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Be a shame to see him get sacked, I reckon, given the opportunity, he could have been worse than Woy.
    indeed

the guy is a buffoon and lets be honest, he will mess up the England job

I would question the very top of English football if fulfilling a lifelong ambition, not to mention earning several million a year, is one thing but earning four hundred thousand is oh so tempting.

At least he has done the decent thing and offered his resignation.

What a silly greedy Fecker

Sacked!

Gone apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Clearly still incredibly bitter over Sam making him look the twat he is but none the less very funny.

"Mutually agreed to terminate his contract with immediate effect." FA says. Southgate to be caretaker manager for next four games.

Gareth Southgate now in charge.

Alan Green digging the boot into Big Sam. I wonder which we'll be backing on here

Eventually England will stumble onto the right manager and the millions more in their budget than most will finally work for them. Hopefully after Wales, Belgium and Iceland have all won World Cups.