+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 84

Thread: The End of Cash

  1. #31

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Think contagion, counterparties and dominos falling. Their derivatives book's value is similar to the entire world's GDP and 20 times that of Germany, Europe's biggest and most successful economy. The bank dwarfs Lehman Brothers in size and importance. It going down could make 2008 and everything that followed seem like nothing important. That's why Christine Lagarde, the IMF boss, described it as the world's most dangerous bank.
    Deutsche Bank fall drags down US stocks

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37508394


    Commerzbank plans to cut 9,600 jobs

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37505900
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 29-09-16 at 21:31.

  2. #32

    Re: The End of Cash

    Their share price fell below 10 euros this morning for the first time. Their CEO has jawboned it up to 10.15 during the past hour.

  3. #33

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Their share price fell below 10 euros this morning for the first time. Their CEO has jawboned it up to 10.15 during the past hour.
    On the plus side we're not all dead yet.

  4. #34

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Their share price fell below 10 euros this morning for the first time. Their CEO has jawboned it up to 10.15 during the past hour.
    Multiple FT articles this morning have said it really is not as worrying as some have made out.

    Not that they predicted 2008.

  5. #35

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Multiple FT articles this morning have said it really is not as worrying as some have made out.

    Not that they predicted 2008.
    Not only did they fail to predict the 2008 crash, they also said everything was fine right up until it happened

  6. #36

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    On the plus side we're not all dead yet.
    How can you joke at a time like this? I don't think you understand. THEIR SHARE PRICE HAS DROPPED BELOW TEN EUROS.

    Briefly.

  7. #37

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How can you joke at a time like this? I don't think you understand. THEIR SHARE PRICE HAS DROPPED BELOW TEN EUROS.

    Briefly.
    Only gone up because it was "jawboned".

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

    Anyone seen any gangs of people looting out on their streets yet?

  8. #38

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Only gone up because it was "jawboned".

    https://www.theguardian.com/business...-business-live

    Anyone seen any gangs of people looting out on their streets yet?
    The people are always the last ones to know.

  9. #39

    Re: The End of Cash

    23m ago
    14:03
    No state aid for Deutsche Bank - Eurogroup

    Jeroen Dijsselbloem, the president of the Eurogroup, has told reporters that Deutsche Bank must survive on its own, without state aid, Reuters is reporting.
    Christine Lagarde has spoken!

  10. #40

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Christine Lagarde has spoken!
    The Deutsche Bank head bloke said the other day that they didn't want or need state aid.

  11. #41

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    The Deutsche Bank head bloke said the other day that they didn't want or need state aid.
    That's good cos President Largarde said they ain't getting any

  12. #42

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    Hardly ever use cash. But I am ready for them. They wont get me. I have an allotment, so I will survive.
    Once physical money disappears so will any semblance of the anonymity and privacy it provides. Governments and their banking masters will know exactly how much everyone has and will be able to steal it at will via negative interest rates or simply through bail-ins.

    Other than some low-level bartering, every transaction for goods and services will be easily identified. There goes what's known as the black economy: the government will get more in taxes (a polite word for stealing) for them to redistribute to the top 1%, or fraction thereof.

  13. #43

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Once physical money disappears so will any semblance of the anonymity and privacy it provides. Governments and their banking masters will know exactly how much everyone has and will be able to steal it at will via negative interest rates or simply through bail-ins.

    Other than some low-level bartering, every transaction for goods and services will be easily identified. There goes what's known as the black economy: the government will get more in taxes (a polite word for stealing) for them to redistribute to the top 1%, or fraction thereof.
    If taxes are stealing then go and live in a field

    As you use the benefits of taxation every single day of your life. From paved roads to drinking water.

  14. #44
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,600
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If taxes are stealing then go and live in a field

    As you use the benefits of taxation every single day of your life. From paved roads to drinking water.
    I'm sure he would.. if he was "allowed"


  15. #45

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If taxes are stealing then go and live in a field

    As you use the benefits of taxation every single day of your life. From paved roads to drinking water.
    There's no if about it, tax is stealing... legalised stealing.

    I can guarantee you, and anyone else who reads this message, that when you turn your toes up the state would have stolen more of your wealth than any mugger, burglar or scam artist ever will.

    They are in league with the bankers. Together they conspire to steal through inflation. That hidden tax is the number one reason that just 62 families have the same wealth as the poorest 3.7 billion people in the world today and why 20 US billionaires combined wealth is more than the poorest 50% (163 million) of US citizens.

  16. #46

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    There's no if about it, tax is stealing... legalised stealing.

    I can guarantee you, and anyone else who reads this message, that when you turn your toes up the state would have stolen more of your wealth than any mugger, burglar or scam artist ever will.

    They are in league with the bankers. Together they conspire to steal through inflation. That hidden tax is the number one reason that just 62 families have the same wealth as the poorest 3.7 billion people in the world today and why 20 US billionaires combined wealth is more than the poorest 50% (163 million) of US citizens.
    How many of these are getting state funding?

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...le-in-america/

    If you don't agree with tax though what way do you suggest we pay for things collectively?

  17. #47

    Re: The End of Cash

    State funding? All of them (via inflation). Inflation is the means that those at the top steal from the bottom. And inflation doesn't happen by accident; it occurs when there's an excess of money in relation to the demand for goods and services. How to pay for things? QE.

  18. #48

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    State funding? All of them (via inflation). Inflation is the means that those at the top steal from the bottom. And inflation doesn't happen by accident; it occurs when there's an excess of money in relation to the demand for goods and services. How to pay for things? QE.
    Take inflation out of it and those people would still have much more money than the rest, mainly by their unique quality products in most cases.

    However you ignored the point of my post I was most interested in, so I'll ask again.

    If you don't agree with tax though what way do you suggest we pay for things collectively?

  19. #49

    Re: The End of Cash

    I answered it with QE, quantitative easing. Inflation is a regressive tax. It's why it's so insidious, and why the bankers and their puppet governments will print to infinity to avert deflation.

  20. #50

    Re: The End of Cash

    This vid's only 14 minutes duration. It describes how the con works.


  21. #51

    Re: The End of Cash

    That banking video has 29,000 views after being up for four years. The one below has 56 million views. A stark example of this dumbed-down world.


  22. #52

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    This vid's only 14 minutes duration. It describes how the con works.

    I'm in the middle of watching a film so will watch your video later or tomorrow, but just so I can be clear are you suggesting that if we didn't have inflation we wouldn't need to be taxed to pay for things like health, education, infrastructure etc?

  23. #53
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,600
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I answered it with QE, quantitative easing. Inflation is a regressive tax. It's why it's so insidious, and why the bankers and their puppet governments will print to infinity to avert deflation.
    Have you heard of Michael Tellinger and his UBUNTU project? I'm not sure his ideas could work everywhere but I like Michael, he seems like a genuine bloke, his ancient history stuff is interesting too.
    http://ubuntuplanet.org/
    http://www.michaeltellinger.com/2016...eptember-2016/

  24. #54

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    So many solutions, they can't make up the problems for them quick enough.
    Oh yes they can

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37555025

  25. #55
    International Mrs Steve R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Barry
    Posts
    28,600
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    British jockeys? an obvious target but the banks are "unwilling and incapable" to do anything about it, they must be chomping at the bit.

  26. #56

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    British jockeys? an obvious target but the banks are "unwilling and incapable" to do anything about it, they must be chomping at the bit.
    Getting rid of cash would solve the jockey's problems right?

    OK, let's just wait for the next problem that is caused by cash to arise, it shouldn't be too long a wait, the BBC are on the case
    Last edited by Wales-Bales; 05-10-16 at 11:45.

  27. #57

    Re: The End of Cash

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I answered it with QE, quantitative easing. Inflation is a regressive tax. It's why it's so insidious, and why the bankers and their puppet governments will print to infinity to avert deflation.
    How can QE happen constantly over the long term?

  28. #58

  29. #59

    Re: The End of Cash

    Why don't we just go cashless, it would solve a lot of problems!

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38184599

  30. #60

    Re: The End of Cash

    The war on cash has ramped up big time in the past month with India demonetising its two most widely held banknotes. They did so with no notice.

    The bankers can't enact negative interest rates as people would withdraw their cash rather than paying to keep it in a bank.

    As has been said already, once cash is eliminated, the state and bankers will be legally enabled to steal depositors' money (electronic digits) at will and cut off access to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •