+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Former Lib Dem MP suspended for telling the truth!

Former Lib Dem MP suspended for telling the truth!

The world is going mad and people are sitting by and watching it happen.

A tweet put out by a former Lib Dem MP has got him suspended on allegations that it was 'anti-Semitc'.

The so called offending tweet is in this article from yesterday's Jerusalem Post.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/UKs-Li...Twitter-468738

Why the faux outrage over a perfectly harmless tweet and most of all why the double standards? How is it all right for an article in the Jewish Chronicle to list donors to the Conservative Party, but offensive to mention the same thing about the Lib Dems?

https://twitter.com/Smeggypants/stat...56670413615104

Re: Former Lib Dem MP suspended for telling the truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    The world is going mad and people are sitting by and watching it happen.

A tweet put out by a former Lib Dem MP has got him suspended on allegations that it was 'anti-Semitc'.

The so called offending tweet is in this article from yesterday's Jerusalem Post.

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/UKs-Li...Twitter-468738

Why the faux outrage over a perfectly harmless tweet and most of all why the double standards? How is it all right for an article in the Jewish Chronicle to list donors to the Conservative Party, but offensive to mention the same thing about the Lib Dems?

https://twitter.com/Smeggypants/stat...56670413615104

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

- Voltaire
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

- Voltaire
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”

― George Orwell, 1984
    This shows the absurd and malicious lengths that these self-serving organisations will go to in their pursuit of closing down freedom of speech, freedom of expression and any form of critical analysis into questions which are perfectly legitimate, when they concern influences in British politics and British politicians.

'Anti-Semitic' has been politically weaponised as a tool to use against anyone that certain organisations don't like, object to, or refuses to be influenced by their agenda.

An extremely small group, mainly linked and supportive of the extreme right-wing politics of the Israeli government, are relentlessly smearing anyone that they perceive as a political obstacle or opponent.

I have to agree with you on this one David. You cannot say anything about a Jew, doesn't matter if its said in good faith or malicious. They are extremely tetchy about it all. Some of the things you see them bring up leave me baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post
    I have to agree with you on this one David. You cannot say anything about a Jew, doesn't matter if its said in good faith or malicious. They are extremely tetchy about it all. Some of the things you see them bring up leave me baffled.
    We have a perfect right to know who or what is donating to our political parties regardless of which party it is. We demand transparency when it come to union donations to Labour, why should we ask questions about wealthy individuals who donate to parties. Chucking in £50/£100 is neither here or there but if someone wants to donate £500,000, they're not doing it unless they think they will get something in return. We saw this with the Labour donor who donated £400,000, thinking that he had bought the party for that.

The fallout smears and name calling were relentless, when he found out that Jeremy Corbyn was not going to play ball with him.

Jews are ripped into hugely in popular culture. Did you not see Borat?. South Park. etc etc etc etc.

Say something about big MO and you'll have a fatwa on your head.

"Insult my prophet and I will kill you".

We have a perfect right to know who or what is donating to our political parties regardless of which party it is. We demand transparency when it come to union donations to Labour, why should we ask questions about wealthy individuals who donate to parties. Chucking in £50/£100 is neither here or there but if someone wants to donate £500,000, they're not doing it unless they think they will get something in return. We saw this with the Labour donor who donated £400,000, thinking that he had bought the party for that.

The fallout smears and name calling were relentless, when he found out that Jeremy Corbyn was not going to play ball with him.
    Well its wasted money. As a person who has voted Lib Dems, I dont see him being very electable sadly.

And with regards to large sums of money it does happen in all parties. People donate to parties they believe promote values they believe in, not just to try and influence parties, but yes this does happen in all parties. Labour has been the traditional party for Jews and Jewish values, but now Corbynism ( and racism) has taken over Labour they have been pushed out and have moved their support to the next closest party that represents their values.

Strange thing is many Jews share similar values to those that vote labour, but Corbynism (racism) means they are no longer wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Jews are ripped into hugely in popular culture. Did you not see Borat?. South Park. etc etc etc etc.

Say something about big MO and you'll have a fatwa on your head.

"Insult my prophet and I will kill you".

We all are, less and less over time, but popular culture takes the mic out of many things. Jews do take a special issue with it though. Nothing is allowed, all comments are raised.

I saw an article of Huffington Post about outrage we were celebrating Roald Dahl's literary work here in cardiff. Apparently we shouldn't because he said "Hitler did have a point about them". This comment and his views are apparently a reason to not allow a celebration of his work. When you consider the views held back then, and how widely held racist views of many orientations were back then, it is hardly something that should be raised. But Jews will pull it out...

Well its wasted money. As a person who has voted Lib Dems, I dont see him being very electable sadly.

And with regards to large sums of money it does happen in all parties. People donate to parties they believe promote values they believe in, not just to try and influence parties, but yes this does happen in all parties. Labour has been the traditional party for Jews and Jewish values, but now Corbynism ( and racism) has taken over Labour they have been pushed out and have moved their support to the next closest party that represents their values.

Strange thing is many Jews share similar values to those that vote labour, but Corbynism (racism) means they are no longer wanted.
    "Racism" Barry?

Where?

"Most Labour members so accused are in reality being attacked for expressing opinions in favor of Palestinian human rights and particularly for supporting the boycott of Israel."

https://jewsforjeremy.org/tag/momentum/

You are aware that Momentum was started by a long time Jewish friend of Jeremy Corbyn, Jon Lansman? Jackie Walker of Momentum is also Jewish. There are many Jews in Momentum Barry. "Corbynism" has nothing whatsoever to do with racism Barry it appears to be radical because so much of the country have moved to the right over the last 30 years, in the main it's about social justice, and opportunity.

"Racism" Barry?

Where?

"Most Labour members so accused are in reality being attacked for expressing opinions in favor of Palestinian human rights and particularly for supporting the boycott of Israel."

https://jewsforjeremy.org/tag/momentum/

You are aware that Momentum was started by a long time Jewish friend of Jeremy Corbyn, Jon Lansman? Jackie Walker of Momentum is also Jewish. There are many Jews in Momentum Barry. "Corbynism" has nothing whatsoever to do with racism Barry it appears to be radical because so much of the country have moved to the right over the last 30 years, in the main it's about social justice, and opportunity.
    I would not expect you to see it David.

I am not talking momentum, I am talking the people on the street.

Corbynism has created a "I am right you are wrong. **** you for not holding the same views as me." Its got an aggressive nature to it for the people on the street.

I would not expect you to see it David.

I am not talking momentum, I am talking the people on the street.
    You specifically linked Corbynism with racism. This is just a baseless allegation on your part. It is particularly galling as Jeremy Corbyn has been an anti-racist all of his life.

You mean you make this smear and you have not a shred of evidence to back it up with?

Corbynism has created a "I am right you are wrong. **** you for not holding the same views as me." Its got an aggressive nature to it for the people on the street.
    This is nonsense Barry. It's just your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. It has no basis in reality.

This is nonsense Barry. It's just your opinion, nothing more and nothing less. It has no basis in reality.
    Now you're getting tetchy.

Might be my opinion, but it also many other peoples opinion. I am not accusing Corbyn of being racist. I am accusing some of the many followers he has of being racist. To be clear, I am not accusing all followers of being racist. But he has ripped up an intolerance, and that intolerance is not just aimed at the elite, but also an intolerance of colour and religion.

When you go around preaching intolerance you will undoubtedly and unintentionally whip up other types of intolerance, including racism.

Now you're getting tetchy.

Might be my opinion, but it also many other peoples opinion. I am not accusing Corbyn of being racist. I am accusing some of the many followers he has of being racist. To be clear, I am not accusing all followers of being racist. But he has ripped up an intolerance, and that intolerance is not just aimed at the elite, but also an intolerance of colour and religion.

When you go around preaching intolerance you will undoubtedly and unintentionally whip up other types of intolerance, including racism.
    Barry, you are coming out with one false smear after another. You get challenged on them and resort to producing yet another false smear. There's not a grain of truth in these statements and my advice is if you find yourself in a hole, then the first thing that you need to do is to stop digging.

I ask for evidence and there is none.

What am I or any reasonable person on here supposed to think.

I don't mind you being totally politically against Jeremy Corbyn or his policies, but there is no need to go around scraping the gutter for baseless fabrications against the man, or his politics. You can't make some imaginary claims and try and pass them off as facts.

Yeah, I long for the days before Corbyn where everybody got along and respected each others opinions.

There isn't really much point having an opinion if you don't think it is right, the key is knowing when to give up and walk off muttering '****ing idiot' under your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah, I long for the days before Corbyn where everybody got along and respected each others opinions.

There isn't really much point having an opinion if you don't think it is right, the key is knowing when to give up and walk off muttering '****ing idiot' under your breath.
    Thats a commonly held left view. There can be no grey, only black and white. You can hold a view and know it is your view. To beleive you are right is to be ignorant.

Plaid donations from Colonel Gaddafi

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/po...ibyan-11947070

Thats a commonly held left view. There can be no grey, only black and white. You can hold a view and know it is your view. To beleive you are right is to be ignorant.
    Well my experience tells me that this is simply a human trait but you can assign it to one particular group if you want to.

It's what you do in almost every post.

Who has ever said "I know I'm wrong but I think this..."?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who has ever said "I know I'm wrong but I think this..."?
    A woman?