+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: "The Tramshed" as a music venue?

"The Tramshed" as a music venue?

Walter Trout playing there 27 October.

Any thoughts on the venue......?

Re: "The Tramshed" as a music venue?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

It's decent

Yeah I've been there a few times both as a seating venue and standing. Not too big and a bar all along the back wall. It's a good mid-range addition to Cardiff's music venues.

I Have heard only good things about this venue.
    Spedger

Only been there the once and thought it was an excellent venue - so much better than clwb ifor bach and the globe. Got tickets for three gigs at the tramshed at the end of November.....The Damned, New Model Army and from the jam. Looking forward to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Over the Hill View Post
    Only been there the once and thought it was an excellent venue - so much better than clwb ifor bach and the globe. Got tickets for three gigs at the tramshed at the end of November.....The Damned, New Model Army and from the jam. Looking forward to it too.
    I've got Damned tickets too.

I don't agree with the comparison to Clwb Ifor Bach or the Globe though, but I suppose it depends if you like really small venues (which i do) or something a bit bigger.

A few months back the Wales Millennium Centre used it for their Festival of Voice featuring scores of acts all over different Cardiff venues. The Tramshed came out as one of the favourite venues.

I'm looking forward to going back there to see some bands in the next few months.

Only went there once and they failed my cars MOT, bastards.

Good addition and really good for gigs.

I'm there in a couple of weeks for Feeder. Same night as City play Sheffield Weds. Tramshed may get a bigger crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Good addition and really good for gigs.

I'm there in a couple of weeks for Feeder. Same night as City play Sheffield Weds. Tramshed may get a bigger crowd.
    i got Feeder tickets as well but is Sheffield game tues or Weds as seem different dates on websites?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    i got Feeder tickets as well but is Sheffield game tues or Weds as seem different dates on websites?
    Sheffield game moved back a night to Weds so now clashes with Feeder gig. Perfect excuse not to be at CCS. ��

I am also missing the Brizzle Friday night game to see a gig.

Would never miss a City match for anything until we went red, now never bothered if I got something worthwhile to do instead.
    Last edited by NigelBlues; 27-09-16 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Yeah I've been there a few times both as a seating venue and standing. Not too big and a bar all along the back wall. It's a good mid-range addition to Cardiff's music venues.

Saw Public Image Limited there, they were excellent; like this size of venue.

This tour of Mr Trout will be the first time I have seen him since his close call with death. He is always fantastic value for money but it will be interesting to see if any of his usual vigour has gone.
    By the way, he was signing autographs and taking questions at a table before a gig at Exeter and he interrupted proceedings as I walked by and he beckoned me over. It was because I was wearing a T-shirt I was given and which was emblazoned with the name of a band that his ex-drummer was in. (My brother was friends with the members of that band).

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This tour of Mr Trout will be the first time I have seen him since his close call with death. He is always fantastic value for money but it will be interesting to see if any of his usual vigour has gone.
    Review please!

Seeing him tonight...

It sounds a bit fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It sounds a bit fishy.
    Great plaice for gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Great plaice for gigs.
    For shagging your sister-in-law?

Is he a Sole Singer?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    By the way, he was signing autographs and taking questions at a table before a gig at Exeter and he interrupted proceedings as I walked by and he beckoned me over. It was because I was wearing a T-shirt I was given and which was emblazoned with the name of a band that his ex-drummer was in. (My brother was friends with the members of that band).
    One of the greatest guitarist /blues artist on earth watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4vu...4vusv0_VVc#t=8

saw public enemy there... very good venue... very up close and personal type place from any point of view

Saw Trout at The Tramshed last night - and can confirm it is a GREAT venue for live music. I was just 10' from Trout and 15' from his Mesa amp - and this morning, am still hearing-impaired.

Only one down-side: it was hot! The bass player was dripping all over the stage and mopped up after every number. Security even came round with pitchers of water and ice cubes and plastic cups. Then the air-con kicked in and Trout complained that after his liver probs, his immune system was shot and he could 'die in Wales' unless something was done. He ended up playing Goin' Down wearing a parka! Was this poor air-con a one-off prob?

He spent several minutes extolling the Welsh organ donor system saying Wales and Spain led the world in assuming organs of the dead were available for transplant unless their owners had opted out. As someone who was only alive because of a liver transplant, he obvious felt very passionate about the subject and said he would spread the word about Wales' stance in the US.