+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Chinese equivolent mobile phone

Buying a Chinese equivolent mobile phone

I appreciate most phones are chinese but i was thinking of purchasing an elephone - P9000 such as this one below and going on to a sim-only deal. The costs of a new Samsung or I-phone incorporated into a long term contract are not very appealing.

Have any posters got any experience of buying a chinese phone and how did they compare to to Samsung/iphone versions please?

Thanks in advance

http://www.trustedreviews.com/elepho...ry-life-page-2

Re: Buying a Chinese equivolent mobile phone

No experience of what you describe, but also consider a decent spec Microsoft Lumia, which will be a decently made prof. piece of kit , and can be grabbed at remarkable prices.

I have a couple of OneplusOne phones.

They are terrific for the price but Customer Service is appalling and they seem to often require the user to be more than just a consumer (as they seem to suffer technical problems). And as they can take months to be repaired (several weeks/months repeatedly emailing the company and a couple of week to be physically repaired) I bought a second one to use in the interim. (In fact, I bought it courtesy of them accidentally refunding me whilst fixing the first one).

I just couldn't find anything as good for half the price and when it works perfectly I am very pleased with it/them.

International (over 7000 posts) dr_socks's Avatar

I've had an Huawei G7 for just over a year and for £180 cracking mid range phone, 5.5 screen, looks like an iPhone, Great Battery to boot also.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/huawei-ascend-g7-review

Don't think I'll ever buy a Samsung / Apple phone outright again.

never buy anything chinese. they are riddled with tracking devices and will moniter you 24/7. china is the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    never buy anything chinese. they are riddled with tracking devices and will moniter you 24/7. china is the enemy.
    Thanks for the advice. I was going to have fried rice & curry sauce for my tea tonight but I think I'll just have a sandwich instead.

I have a Xiao MI. More than a match for Apple or Samsung!

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I was going to have fried rice & curry sauce for my tea tonight but I think I'll just have a sandwich instead.
    good man. be careful out there.
    life isnt a bowl of fruit.

I purchased a cheap chinese phone. Overall it was a good phone, but it does lack the build quality. The phone didnt last that long, and it didnt really save me much.

The elephone was similar to what I ordered. Check out GearBest if you are going to order a chinese phone, could save you a few quid.

Decided to buy a better cheap phone to replace it and went for the OnePlus 3, at £309 its not cheap but its half the price of the iPhone and s7, and similar spec. I would recommend it. Fully charged battery in an hour, lasts 1-3 days. Love it even just for not having to worry about keeping it charged all the time.

As above check out the Xiaomi Mi Phone. Xiaomi are massive in China, their version of Apple.

I used to sell S3 and S4 ( when the S3 and S4 were the new phones to have ) clones from China, android is android no matter what the phone is

the only issue I used to have is complaints about the battery life, lets be honest, they have to cut costs / corners somewhere and the battery was always that place, on the adverts i used to mention the " not so great battery life " and then people knew where they stood

all in all the chinese phones are not of course upto the quality of the " real branded phones " but for the money, they cannot be beaten

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dragon View Post

As above check out the Xiaomi Mi Phone. Xiaomi are massive in China, their version of Apple.
    good call, they really are massive in China, the reason that apple hasnt taken over china yet ( which is funny due to where they are made ) , though be careful with fakes of them aswell LOL the chinese will copy anything

talking of Xiaomi, CyanogenMod released a nougat ( 'droid 7 ) port yesterday on a few Xiaomi devices by all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by dr_socks View Post
    I've had an Huawei G7 for just over a year and for £180 cracking mid range phone, 5.5 screen, looks like an iPhone, Great Battery to boot also.

That's good to know. I've got a Huawei P9 coming tomorrow and by all accounts it looks like a sweet deal, all the tricks and power of the latest iPhone/Samsung for a fraction of the price. I've seen some really good reviews too.

you will all die if you buy products from china. be aware.

you will all die if you buy products from china. be aware.

Top news. People die. How do we stop dieing?

I have had a Huawei P9 for a fortnight now and it does everything I need, same as my previous Samsung. The Camera is super good as it has two lens'es and take superb pictures. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wolfybluebird View Post
    I have had a Huawei P9 for a fortnight now and it does everything I need, same as my previous Samsung. The Camera is super good as it has two lens'es and take superb pictures. Good luck
    Glad to hear it

If people are interested in the OnePlus3 but would like to see/hold one before committing, O2 are due to start stocking them in their stores.

They'll be available sim free, unlocked with no bloat ware for the same price as sold by OnePlus but you get UK customer service. They'll also be available as part of a contract.

I would avoid the cheap Chinese imports due to usually poor cameras, iffy batteries overtime and zero customer service.

Ive had quite a bit of experience with Chinese phones and my last was actually the p9000. For the price I have to say it was very good, unfortunately the first had a faulty sim tray so I sent back to Amazon. The replacement was fine but soon had an issue with a bar of the screen not reacting to touch. Sent back to Amazon for a full refund. Previously also had the cubot x15 which was also good a hairline crack destroyed the touch sensor of the whole screen, something any other phone would just get on with.

Ive found a middle ground with the Moto g4 now, basic phone with good screen and gorilla glass (I think) which I had free with a £10pm contract.

I had Kung Po real hot number

China in your hand?

good man. be careful out there.
    life isnt a bowl of fruit.
    Bored of flute?

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Ive had quite a bit of experience with Chinese phones and my last was actually the p9000. For the price I have to say it was very good, unfortunately the first had a faulty sim tray so I sent back to Amazon. The replacement was fine but soon had an issue with a bar of the screen not reacting to touch. Sent back to Amazon for a full refund. Previously also had the cubot x15 which was also good a hairline crack destroyed the touch sensor of the whole screen, something any other phone would just get on with.

Ive found a middle ground with the Moto g4 now, basic phone with good screen and gorilla glass (I think) which I had free with a £10pm contract.
    I had this phone too, (elephone) had to send it back as the touch screen didn't work and the build quality was bad. If it's built ok it looks great though. The Xiao mi which has been mentioned has great reviews but again, I don't know what custom software is like for it.

Moved onto a p9 which again seems decent but I hated the huawei emui interface and no custom roms exist currently which remove it. I hated it because of this!

Have a oneplus 3 now which is great. No issues with it at all.

After buying the iPhone 3G the week it came out for £500 the next times I bought phones I looked to save money buying them second hand and a season or two behind the latest models and am very happy with the tactic. About 2 or 3 years ago I got an iPhone 5 64gb for £200 and last week I finally upgraded it buying a Samsung s5 for £60 sourced ftom gumtree - the best bargain yet! They update them so often now it's nothing to me to have a phone that's not quite the latest thing because it's still very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    No experience of what you describe, but also consider a decent spec Microsoft Lumia, which will be a decently made prof. piece of kit , and can be grabbed at remarkable prices.
    I've been looking for a cheap replacement for my old, battered iPhone. I've had a look at the write ups on the Lumia and it looks good, especially the price. If I was to get one will my old SIM card fit into it.

I'm not up to the minute on my mobile phone knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by dr_socks View Post

\

Went from Samsung to Huawei, so far nothing has convinced me to go back. I also downgraded as i didn't need half the power. I rooted it to delete all the added apps i never use and clear some space