+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying a Chinese equivolent mobile phone

Re: Buying a Chinese equivolent mobile phone

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2man1/2horse View Post
    I appreciate most phones are chinese but i was thinking of purchasing an elephone - P9000 such as this one below and going on to a sim-only deal. The costs of a new Samsung or I-phone incorporated into a long term contract are not very appealing.

Have any posters got any experience of buying a chinese phone and how did they compare to to Samsung/iphone versions please?

Thanks in advance

http://www.trustedreviews.com/elepho...ry-life-page-2
    Don't touch elephones - I had one and could only make trunk calls..

I am also venturing into purchasing a Chinese smartphone.

I have had Samsung, HTC, Microsoft and Sony smartphone devices in the past, and other than taking my HTC for a dip in the ocean, I have never had any issues with breaking my smartphone. So I decided to take the risk and go for a little known manufacturer, UMI. Recently they have been getting plaudits for their build quality in relation to price, plus the fact their phones come with stock Android is a major plus for me, as I was considering going for a Nexus device.

I was going to order the UMI Super, a device that has had good reviews in relation to it's cost, however they announced on the same day as the iPhone 7 a new flagship called the UMI Plus, so have put an order in for that for $179. The specs are remarkable for the price, so I thought why not, in 8 years of owning smartphones I have never broken the screen which is the most cumbersome part to replace, so *touchwood* I have myself a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Don't touch elephones - I had one and could only make trunk calls..
    Tusk, tusk.

By the way, did it come with an Ivor Emmanuel?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Tusk, tusk.

By the way, did it come with an Ivor Emmanuel?
    And ebony

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    I am also venturing into purchasing a Chinese smartphone.

I have had Samsung, HTC, Microsoft and Sony smartphone devices in the past, and other than taking my HTC for a dip in the ocean, I have never had any issues with breaking my smartphone. So I decided to take the risk and go for a little known manufacturer, UMI. Recently they have been getting plaudits for their build quality in relation to price, plus the fact their phones come with stock Android is a major plus for me, as I was considering going for a Nexus device.

I was going to order the UMI Super, a device that has had good reviews in relation to it's cost, however they announced on the same day as the iPhone 7 a new flagship called the UMI Plus, so have put an order in for that for $179. The specs are remarkable for the price, so I thought why not, in 8 years of owning smartphones I have never broken the screen which is the most cumbersome part to replace, so *touchwood* I have myself a bargain.

I never had until I bought a Chinese one either. Saying that, the cubot phone I had was good and lasted about 18months with no problems before the crack.