+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby

Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby

That Nigel Pearson won't be in charge of Derby County tonight.

Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby ?

Cardiff City Online ‏@CardiffCityLive 5m5 minutes ago
    LIVE: Derby County manager suspended hours before Cardiff game, according to reports

weird.

Re: Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby ?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Cardiff City Online ‏@CardiffCityLive 5m5 minutes ago
    LIVE: Derby County manager suspended hours before Cardiff game, according to reports

weird.
    Strange news.

Re: Rumours are

ITK

Re: Rumours are

Derby County manager Nigel Pearson has been suspended by the club - pending an internal investigation - the Derby Telegraph understands.

It follows a meeting between Pearson and Rams owner and chairman Mel Morris at the club's Moor Farm training ground on Monday afternoon.

News of the suspension broke hours before Derby County's Sky Bet Championship fixture against Cardiff City at the Cardiff City Stadium tonight.

Pearson's assistant manager, Chris Powell, will take charge of the team at Cardiff.

Club spokesman Paul Tyrrell said: "Derby County can confirm that manager Nigel Pearson will not be carrying out his duties at tonight's game - at the request of the club.

"Assistant manager Chris Powell will take charge of the team for tonight's Sky Bet Championship match at Cardiff City. The club will make no further comment at this time."

Re: Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby

Can't help thinking that this could be bad news for us - according to some of the stuff I read on a Derby forum on Sunday, there are some sensitive souls in their squad who were not reacting well to Pearson's hands on style of management.

According to sky pearson and assistant manager suspended but 5hey then said Powell to take over team tonight now that is strange

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can't help thinking that this could be bad news for us - according to some of the stuff I read on a Derby forum on Sunday, there are some sensitive souls in their squad who were not reacting well to Pearson's hands on style of management.
    I was about to post the exact same thing - about us getting some sort of backlash!

The players out to prove a point......

Absolute shambles the wins in the bag

Quote Originally Posted by شهرستان کاردیف View Post
    Absolute shambles the wins in the bag
    we were always facing an uphill battle ,at some point this club will turn itself around , we need to beat a side that is trying to convince ourselves we are on the up , i'm on my way down to witness a win for us hopefully on our own merit

Don't tell me the doom and gloom merchants have got to you too Bob!
    City win 2-1

My feelings exactly.

Suspended manager bounce. It's a well known phenomenon.

I wonder if this is the usual Pearson-type fall out or if he is about to appear in the Daily Telegraph tomorrow in an Alardyce follow up? Sky News earlier were saying there are another 10 managers who fell into the summer sting operation and some were less restrained than Big Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    My feelings exactly.

I wonder if this is the usual Pearson-type fall out or if he is about to appear in the Daily Telegraph tomorrow in an Alardyce follow up? Sky News earlier were saying there are another 10 managers who fell into the summer sting operation and some were less restrained than Big Sam.
    I heard that Trollope asked one of the undercover reporters if they'd be up for the striker role at Cardiff.

Re: Nigel Pearson suspended by Derby ?

Looks like President Obama in charge of the team tonight then.

My feelings exactly.

They said 8 of the 10 are English managers so chances are decent that Pearson is one of the unlucky few.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    They said 8 of the 10 are English managers so chances are decent that Pearson is one of the unlucky few.
    Derby fans I spoke too reckon he had a scuffle or altercation with one of the owners. No idea if true or not.

My feelings exactly.

Sacked from Leicester after a club trip to Thailand. At the time it was lined to his son and a number of players bringing the club into disrepute. Could have been a bit more to add on to that. I have heard Pearson is a very hot-headed character.
    Spedger