+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA likely to investigate CCFC amid new Telegraph investigation

FA likely to investigate CCFC amid new Telegraph investigation

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...lardyces-wes/?

Cardiff City football club launched an investigation into a player transfer after auditors discovered evidence of unexplained payments, The Daily Telegraph has learnt.

A loan deal involving Cardiff and West Ham United, who were managed by Sam Allardyce at the time, was examined after questions were raised over fees relating to the deal.

An agent is understood to have told the club that a payment had been agreed with Allardyce over the loan of Ravel Morrison, who moved to the Welsh club from West Ham in 2014.

The agent involved is understood to be Pino Pagliara, who is banned from conducting transfers and often uses an intermediary to conduct his transfer business. The allegations prompted Cardiff to launch an investigation.

The club, however, failed to put the allegation to Allardyce. Neither the police nor the FA was notified. Cardiff City have confirmed the investigation. Their earlier failure to report it to the FA was an apparent breach of FA rules.

A spokesman for the club said: “Mr Pagliara was not paid by the club. We investigated the matter thoroughly.”

The FA is now likely to open a separate investigation into Cardiff’s failure to report and Allardyce will inevitably find himself part of yet another investigation by the sport’s ruling body. The allegations were put to Allardyce and the FA on Monday but so far both have yet to respond.

Morrison was previously involved in an alleged row with Allardyce over agents, after the former West Ham manager reportedly put pressure on him to sign up with Mark Curtis, who is Allardyce’s own representative.

When the player refused to do so, he was dropped from the team, according to insiders. Cardiff City appear to have infringed the FA regulations by failing to report that it was dealing with an allegation.

The rules of the FA state that clubs “shall immediately report to the Association any incident, facts or matters which may constitute misconduct”. Multiple sources have told the Telegraph that the intermediary involved in the loan deal for Morrison was Mr Pagliara, an unlicensed agent who was banned from football for five years in 2005 for match-fixing.

A source with knowledge of Cardiff City’s investigation told this newspaper that a club official was tasked with investigating the deal for Morrison after questions were raised about the financial arrangements for the transfer.

Following a conversation between the official and Mr Pagliara, Cardiff City’s board was informed about the claim relating to Allardyce.

A more thorough internal inquiry was ordered, with an external company brought in to investigate. A source told the Telegraph that the external investigators could not find any evidence of the payment being made to Allardyce, or of any payment being made directly to Mr Pagliara, and the club wound up the inquiry.

A spokesman for Cardiff City said: “Mr Pagliara was not paid by the club. We investigated the matter thoroughly.” Allardyce has previously denied ever taking bribes for player transfers. He has so far failed to respond to questions from The Daily Telegraph.

Mr Pagliara said last night: “I never paid any payment to Sam Allardyce.” He also denied that he had told Cardiff City he had paid Allardyce. Morrison’s relationship with West Ham was already strained by the time he was loaned to Cardiff.

In 2013 it was alleged that the former Manchester United youth player, who had signed for West Ham the previous year, had fallen out with Allardyce after being put under pressure to drop his agent and instead sign as a client of Mr Curtis.

It is understood that Morrison had asked for a pay rise towards the end of 2013, and was asked to attend a meeting with Allardyce and Mr Curtis at which he was told that he would be given an enhanced new contract if he signed with Mr Curtis.

When Morrison refused, he was dropped from the team and later loaned out to QPR. Both Mr Curtis and Allardyce denied putting pressure on Morrison when allegations first surfaced in 2013. Mr Curtis described the claims as “nonsense” and Allardyce said at the time: “There’s no truth in the fact that I have sat with Ravel Morrison and tried to press him into signing anything with any agent, never mind mine.” Morrison, 23, who now plays for the Italian club Lazio, was unavailable for comment.
    Last edited by Michael Morris; 27-09-16 at 21:30.

Re: FA likely to investigate CCFC amid new Telegraph investigation

Thought this was going to be about an investigation into 11 men impersonating footballers

HAHAHAHA!! I thought there was no chance the whole 'CCFC rollercoaster' could continue its downward spiral...

I just want to go back to Euro 16 when I remembered why I enjoyed football in the first place..
    Its just been shit since.

[QUOTE=Charlie;4677910]I just want to go back to Euro 16 when I remembered why I enjoyed football in the first place..
    Its just been shit since.[/QUOTE]

Hasn't it just mate.
    Spedger

The club probably didn't bother telling the FA because they couldn't pin it on Malky.

Not read the Telegraph story today but isn't the whole Manager....Agent...Bung stuff what VT was complaining about so strongly

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Not read the Telegraph story today but isn't the whole Manager....Agent...Bung stuff what VT was complaining about so strongly
    Yes that's correct.
    Also the Club were looking into transfer dealings but were stonewalled at every turn.
    Elsewhere Tan will get the blame for all that's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    The club probably didn't bother telling the FA because they couldn't pin it on Malky.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes that's correct.
    Also the Club were looking into transfer dealings but were stonewalled at every turn.
    That could well be true. It sounds like the catalyst lead for this story might have CCFC's investigation in the first place. I don't like the way that article repeats the point about Cardiff's potential rule breaking because of not reporting to the FA. It could well be that our club is the only one to try and get to the bottom of the corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Yes that's correct.
    Including not reporting it to the FA as is alleged in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Including not reporting it to the FA as is alleged in the story?
    Can't say about Morrison, but the other ones yes they did speak to the FA.

Suppose one day it might all come out in the wash. Still waiting for the fall out from malky, let's see if this starts it. However, my opinion is that Vinnie "We don't bribe, we pay local consultants" Tan isn't some ethical superhero with a mission to address corruption in the english game, especially given the company he keeps and how he won the sports betting/lottery contracts.
    Last edited by OurManFlint II; 28-09-16 at 12:38.

Points deduction on way

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Points deduction on way
    They can't take what we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    They can't take what we don't have.
    You can go into minus points

Blue in the Face

I wonder if this story is the start of a rabbit hole of corruption right the way through the football industry? I have the feeling that there is a lot more scandal to come...

Essentially, anyone taking bungs are essentially stealing money from the fans in my view. Let the witch hunt begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    You can go into minus points
    Shit.

Plan foiled.

Ah well, at least we'll have a target to inspire us - get back out of the red and into the black.

Are the Football Association able to issue sanctions or deduct points from a Football League club?

Blue in the Face

Ravel Morrison comments after Cardiff City reportedly launch investigation into loan deal involving West Ham

http://www.squawka.com/news/ravel-mo...st-ham/784176?

The headline should say "Ravel Morrison almost assembles a sentence after Cardiff City reportedly launch investigation into loan deal involving West Ham"

I do seem to remember Morrison airing some kind of gripe about the transfer on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    That could well be true. It sounds like the catalyst lead for this story might have CCFC's investigation in the first place. I don't like the way that article repeats the point about Cardiff's potential rule breaking because of not reporting to the FA. It could well be that our club is the only one to try and get to the bottom of the corruption.
    It does seem a minor rule to break, rather than taking dodgy cash we have investigated it alone and not mentioned that we were doing so, and it's still possible that there will be parts of the FA linked to this and thus we are justified in not reporting our intention. However it's more likely that this is yet another case of our owners making a mess of things due to inexperience in this field.

Considering that Tan was reportedly so involved in the transfer committee for the Ravel transfer then what exactly is going on?
    Last edited by surge; 28-09-16 at 18:04.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Any idea what the business arrangement was between Malkys wife and Moodys wife ?
    And does it involve a go on their falsies?

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It does seem a minor rule to break, rather than taking dodgy cash we have investigated it alone and not mentioned that we were doing so, and it's still possible that there will be parts of the FA linked to this and thus we are justified in not reporting our intention. However it's more likely that this is yet another case of our owners making a mess of things due to inexperience in this field.

Considering that Tan was reportedly so involved in the transfer committee for the Ravel transfer then what exactly is going on?
    I suspect pretty much every club is complicit. This could be revealed to be an industry wide thing?

Our investigation seems could possibly have triggered this making it's way to the press. But it could be naive to hope we come out smelling like roses.

I seem to remember the story/rumour about Revel at the time was that he was a Dalman signing that was impressed upon OGS. So perhaps this could be another classic calamity chapter at Cardiff.

You've got to hand it to the club. If there is no entertainment off the pitch, they make sure there is some off it.

Why do you keep saying our investigation?

What i read is that we had an audit, got caught with our trousers down and told the auditors we'd investigate. Then like most businesses we did nothing about it (on paper sure but in reality?).

I don't think Cardiff are going to take any plaudits or the moral high ground in any of this.