+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore

Zohore

What a joke of a player, apart from being useless he's totally unfit so he couldn't even make a nuisance of himself closing down their defenders.

I'd rather see an untried kid playing instead of him, thank you transfer committee NOT

Re: Zohore

Didn't do anything whilst on loan to justify signing him permanently.

Looks absolutely crap, one of the worst players I've seen in a City shirt.

Worst Cardiff striker I have seen in my 40 years supporting. Offers absolutely nothing, one paced (slow) , can't win a header, how he got a pro contract is seriously baffling. And if Trollope can't see that ,he is in the wrong job. Bruno was better up front, shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    What a joke of a player, apart from being useless he's totally unfit so he couldn't even make a nuisance of himself closing down their defenders.

I'd rather see an untried kid playing instead of him, thank you transfer committee NOT
    Clearly not up to the job but not his fault we bought him and gave him a contract. Likewise with Fred.

However also not his fault that he was isolated all night, had no midfield support, nil service, nobody shouting or organising on the pitch etc either. He is symbolic of the whole mess the club is in.

The only time he did anything remotely useful with his head was when he nudged it along the floor whilst lying flat on his belly. Completely anonymous.

Just been trying to remember if I've seen any worse strikers playing for City over the years, even in the dungeon years of the mid 80's. Even past greats such as Morris Scott, Tony Philiskirk and Graham Withey were a level above Zohore tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Just been trying to remember if I've seen any worse strikers playing for City over the years, even in the dungeon years of the mid 80's. Even past greats such as Morris Scott, Tony Philiskirk and Graham Withey were a level above Zohore tonight.
    Why go back t the 80s to think of shit strikers? We have had an endless supply in the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The only time he did anything remotely useful with his head was when he nudged it along the floor whilst lying flat on his belly. Completely anonymous.
    And that was after the worst theatrical dive I've ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Why go back t the 80s to think of shit strikers? We have had an endless supply in the last 2 years.
    And to think we once had Chopra, Bothroyd and Mcormack in the same squad. Central midfield is just as bad mind. What has happened to Joe Ralls????
    Spedger

If Paul Trollope is selecting Zohore because he thinks he's Championship standard then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

If Paul Trollope requested the permanent signing of Zohore in the summer then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

I actually think that the board / owner signed Zohore for reasons known only to them (not for the footballing benefit of CCFC).

So I would give Trollope the benefit of the doubt that he didn't sanction the signing but unless he's been told to play him he should never select him. The man is a terrible footballer at this level.

If Paul Trollope is being told who to play, or is selecting a terrible footballer because he thinks it will please the owner then he's tainting his own reputation and should resign on principle.

I remember Zohore supplying some promising glimpses last season. I have to say, I have no particular care for Russell Slade, but what has happened in the meantime?

Blue in the Face

FC Copenhagen. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If Paul Trollope is selecting Zohore because he thinks he's Championship standard then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

If Paul Trollope requested the permanent signing of Zohore in the summer then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

I actually think that the board / owner signed Zohore for reasons known only to them (not for the footballing benefit of CCFC).

So I would give Trollope the benefit of the doubt that he didn't sanction the signing but unless he's been told to play him he should never select him. The man is a terrible footballer at this level.

If Paul Trollope is being told who to play, or is selecting a terrible footballer because he thinks it will please the owner then he's tainting his own reputation and should resign on principle.
    Can't argue with much of that - based on what was seen of Zohore last season and what's been seen of him this time around, Zohore is being turned into a worse footballer at Cardiff City as the months go by. This is a player who almost won the game for us when we played at Turf Moor against last season's champions five months ago and yet, after one or two decent things when he first came on, he looked like a parks player last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Can't argue with much of that - based on what was seen of Zohore last season and what's been seen of him this time around, Zohore is being turned into a worse footballer at Cardiff City as the months go by. This is a player who almost won the game for us when we played at Turf Moor against last season's champions five months ago and yet, after one or two decent things when he first came on, he looked like a parks player last night.
    What a bloody insult to posters on here who've graced the parks of South Wales over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What a bloody insult to posters on here who've graced the parks of South Wales over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

I agree, he was awful but he did try. He just wasn't very good.

What I don't understand is how we got Zohore permanently while sending away the exciting and promising Saadi who sparkled before getting injured and we were waiting for him to come back and pick up where he left off....but no...It's Zohore for us...Well done powers that be.

By far the worst ever no 9 performance I've witnessed by any pro footballer.

And I've seen a lot of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    By far the worst ever no 9 performance I've witnessed by any pro footballer.

And I've seen a lot of football.
    Agreed, he looks nowhere near fit either as he showed the one time he tried to close there defenders down he was puffing like an 80 fag a day pensioner

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I agree, he was awful but he did try. He just wasn't very good.
    He didn't try. Manga was put on to show him what to do FFS

Quote Originally Posted by NigelBlues View Post
    Clearly not up to the job but not his fault we bought him and gave him a contract. Likewise with Fred.

However also not his fault that he was isolated all night, had no midfield support, nil service, nobody shouting or organising on the pitch etc either. He is symbolic of the whole mess the club is in.
    Agree with the majority of this especially the last sentence though Zahore must take some responsibility for the fact he is grossly overweight and unfit probably doing the bare minimum in training and pigging out in his spare time happy picking up his envelope every week.
    No, he may not be very good but if you have anything about you ambition-wise, give yourself the best opportunity and look after yourself.
    He didn't offer any options to the midfield who had no option than to go sideways.
    With the striker offering nothing the wide players are reluctant to go beyond the back and a vicious circle.

As has been said, if PT believes Zahore can do a job for us, then he is just as bad at his job.
    If he has been told he has to play him then he is doing his reputation no good.

In general, the mounting problems are compounded by the fact that each individual player fears he may be singled out and rather than try something to change things, they are taking the easy option.
    I see this happening more with every (home) game.
    I have tried to stay positive and give PT the benefit of trying something new (which most on here welcomed after the RS exit) but once the players don't do what you ask them, your days are numbered.
    I'm afraid it looks like this has happened based on last night's showing.

If there is any ambition at the club then they need to act soon and let's face it, there are a few options at the moment.
    Pearson would be my choice. Yes he may be a bit volatile but IMO he's exactly what some of that shower need.
    Whether he'd come or not...

Wasn't good but how many crosses did he have to actually attack? I don't think I have seen us on this many occasions have so little possession in the final third, as a lone striker that wasn't entirely down to him. For me he wasn't even the worst player last night

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I wasn't there last night (listened to the online commentary) but it does look as if a lot of players have gone backwards since last season - Immers, Ralls, Connolly and Manga (apart from his No 9 cameo yesterday) for starters.

When Zohore was signed it didn't look the worst decision based on the glimpses he gave last season - as a young back-up striker. I saw him at Rotherham amongst the subs and he did look heavy. If that is combined with confusion around roles and tactics, poor morale and confidence in the squad, lack of leadership on the pitch, and an unbalanced team with an over-reliance on a 34 year old who has hardly played for 2 years and a converted winger.... then that has to be the responsibility of the coaching and fitness team.

There are some positives from recent matches - Lambert, Amos, Peltier, Harris and (at times) Noone - but if the leadership and organisation on the pitch is down to Sean Morrison alone players like Zahore will look even more lost. It is going to be a hard fight to claw away from trouble at the bottom and Kenneth Zohore (2016-17 version) is not what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

If Trollope is responsible for the lack of commitment he should be ?