+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zohore

Blue in the Face

Re: Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    What I don't understand is how we got Zohore permanently while sending away the exciting and promising Saadi who sparkled before getting injured and we were waiting for him to come back and pick up where he left off....but no...It's Zohore for us...Well done powers that be.
    Swapsies in January I reckon

I had some sympathy for Zohore before last night and perhaps I'd fallen for this narrative that he's young and raw etc etc. But having seen him close up for the first time in a while there is no excuse now, nearly a year after he was originally signed, for the fact that his manager and teammates are having to tell him where to stand in basic situations such as goal kicks and throwins.

I checked his record out and it reads as below. Surely he should not be so unaware of the basics of the game at 22 years of age and with, at the very least, 6 years professional coaching behind him. He's not a "raw" talent, unpolished diamond or any other phrase used to mask his abilities. If he can't cut it by now he's never going to be able to do so.

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2010–2012 Copenhagen 16 (1)
    2012–2015 Fiorentina 0 (0)
    2013–2014 Brøndby IF (loan) 25 (5)
    2014 IFK Göteborg (loan) 5 (2)
    2015–2016 OB 24 (9)
    2016 K.V. Kortrijk 0 (0)
    2016 Cardiff City (loan) 12(2)
    2016– Cardiff City 2 (0)
    National team‡
    2009–2011 Denmark U17 24 (13)
    2012 Denmark U18 2 (0)
    2010–2013 Denmark U19 16 (6)
    2013– Denmark U21 15 (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    I had some sympathy for Zohore before last night and perhaps I'd fallen for this narrative that he's young and raw etc etc. But having seen him close up for the first time in a while there is no excuse now, nearly a year after he was originally signed, for the fact that his manager and teammates are having to tell him where to stand in basic situations such as goal kicks and throwins.

I checked his record out and it reads as below. Surely he should not be so unaware of the basics of the game at 22 years of age and with, at the very least, 6 years professional coaching behind him. He's not a "raw" talent, unpolished diamond or any other phrase used to mask his abilities. If he can't cut it by now he's never going to be able to do so.

Senior career*
    Years Team Apps (Gls)
    2010–2012 Copenhagen 16 (1)
    2012–2015 Fiorentina 0 (0)
    2013–2014 Brøndby IF (loan) 25 (5)
    2014 IFK Göteborg (loan) 5 (2)
    2015–2016 OB 24 (9)
    2016 K.V. Kortrijk 0 (0)
    2016 Cardiff City (loan) 12(2)
    2016– Cardiff City 2 (0)
    National team‡
    2009–2011 Denmark U17 24 (13)
    2012 Denmark U18 2 (0)
    2010–2013 Denmark U19 16 (6)
    2013– Denmark U21 15 (6)
    Unfortunately Zohore is just one of our players going backwards this season. If it was simply this individual failing you could put it down to a bad attitude, at the moment you can list most of our first team squad in putting in worse performances than they were last year. This sounds like something is going wrong in training and conditioning.

With due respect to Zohore i saw him a few time last season and he seemed to have the raw ingredients to make it as a player at this level. He had some pace and was a bit of a lump, i thought he was worth a punt to see what would happen with him after a good preseason.

However after a pre-season he looks heavier (which is the wrong way to go with him), so he's lost that yard of pace. If he is unfit he will look uninterested because he hasnt get the energy to put himself about.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Unfortunately Zohore is just one of our players going backwards this season. If it was simply this individual failing you could put it down to a bad attitude, at the moment you can list most of our first team squad in putting in worse performances than they were last year. This sounds like something is going wrong in training and conditioning.

With due respect to Zohore i saw him a few time last season and he seemed to have the raw ingredients to make it as a player at this level. He had some pace and was a bit of a lump, i thought he was worth a punt to see what would happen with him after a good preseason.

However after a pre-season he looks heavier (which is the wrong way to go with him), so he's lost that yard of pace. If he is unfit he will look uninterested because he hasnt get the energy to put himself about.
    It worries me that we are supposed to have a wonderful back room staff of coaches and fitness experts etc, and yet as you say some players are going backwards and we are getting one injury after another, however Lambert's injury was probably due to lack of real match time over the last two seasons

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

Not knowing the basics of where to stand on the pitch is not a sign of going backwards but one that shows he's not got the instincts of a footballer and unfortunately he never will. There's no way we should have made his move a permanent one, it's shocking that the fee could be around the £1m mark

Quote Originally Posted by Punxsutawney Phil View Post
    Not knowing the basics of where to stand on the pitch is not a sign of going backwards but one that shows he's not got the instincts of a footballer and unfortunately he never will. There's no way we should have made his move a permanent one, it's shocking that the fee could be around the £1m mark
    You can teach positioning, you cannot teach power and pace.

In a way Zohore reminds me a little of Gestede when he first came here, at time he didn't look like a footballer at all, after a couple of seasons he looked handy, but after he left was when he looked like a real player. I thought there was something there in Zohore last year and thought it was a 50/50 call on wether he would make it at this level.

He's nowhere near it this year, but then you could say that about a few of our players.

In fairness to Zohore he doesn't deserve to be singled out. Im struggling to think of anyone who came close to mediocre let alone half decent. We made Ince look good. Ralls and Noone were equally as bad. Immers has had a footballing bypass in the last 2 months. We pin our hopes on Harris who this time 6 months ago couldn't get on the bench. We've always had a decent keeper but now we look shaky at every set piece. The movement from our "attacking" throw ins is laughable. Our full backs seem to have been told that to cross the half way line with intent is a sackable offence. Our midfield was constantly 20 yards behind the ball even when we did venture forward. Trollope seems to have inherited the Lenny stance of standing in an apparently thoughtful position with one hand resting on his chin as he gazes clueless at whats going on. The crowd are disinterested. The owner has vacated the premises. Every away following however small out sings us. The beer/food is over priced crap. We are being implicated in the Allardyce debacle. The only light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. Have I missed anything?

While I don't think he's good enough, its harsh to single him out. No player came out of this game with any credit..and Zohore had no support, nothing to feed on whatsoever.

His worst display yet,you could excuse his uselessness but not his complete lack of effort

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If Paul Trollope is selecting Zohore because he thinks he's Championship standard then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

If Paul Trollope requested the permanent signing of Zohore in the summer then he deserves to be sacked for incompetence.

I actually think that the board / owner signed Zohore for reasons known only to them (not for the footballing benefit of CCFC).

So I would give Trollope the benefit of the doubt that he didn't sanction the signing but unless he's been told to play him he should never select him. The man is a terrible footballer at this level.

If Paul Trollope is being told who to play, or is selecting a terrible footballer because he thinks it will please the owner then he's tainting his own reputation and should resign on principle.

Mike I don't believe slade or Trollope has had any say in transfers the last two seasons purely down to the emperor and his two agent friends.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    While I don't think he's good enough, its harsh to single him out. No player came out of this game with any credit..and Zohore had no support, nothing to feed on whatsoever.
    Just what I was thinking, we're not where we are just because of Kenneth Zohore.

More 'ead 'anging.

How can youse sleep at night?

Early contender for bump of the year there

Just had a quick read of the thread to make sure I hadn't slagged him off and I hadn't. So I'm going to permit myself a

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Early contender for bump of the year there
    There's some blokes on this thread who can really pick a player! Including........best not say.....or one might be banified...

Happy with my post

The lad is WORLD CLASS

He was poor that game, but I could of course see his potential all along. Most promising striker since Rudy I said to my mate.

Quite clear that he's an intelligent footballer who played shit at the time just to get Trollope the sack, and for that I'll be eternally grateful.

I remember posting a reply saying I thought he had played well and had great potential. Looks like my post has been removed.: