+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Incident in Queen St

Incident in Queen St

Cordoned off, lots of police. Anyone know what's happening?

Re: Incident in Queen St

My daughter just text me. 2 people murders around 5:30am

Apparently a murder by Matalan. Ex boyfriend on boyfriend allegedly.

Must be bad. They've closed the whole street off for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    My daughter just text me. 2 people murders around 5:30am
    Confirmed on BBC Wales news

1 person in custody. Not looking for anyone else.

20 year old lad arrested, so I'm guessing the victims were also pretty young. What a tragic waste of life.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    20 year old lad arrested, so I'm guessing the victims were also pretty young. What a tragic waste of life.
    He was arrested in Castleton, conflicting rumours regarding victims, either homeless or Matalan employees

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He was arrested in Castleton, conflicting rumours regarding victims, either homeless or Matalan employees
    Confirmed on BBC Wales that the victims were Matalan employees.

Apparently they knew their killer.

And when the scum has been found guilty , what sentence will he get, 15 18 21 years, out in 12, it's bloody ridiculous murderers should be put away till they die, you get more time for fraud, justice in this country is one big joke. I am not advocating bringing back hanging , but life should mean life!

Absolutely shocking that this has happened, appears to be very calculated as well as the murderer was found in his home in Castleton. Like the above poster says, life should mean life for this type of murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    And when the scum has been found guilty , what sentence will he get, 15 18 21 years, out in 12, it's bloody ridiculous murderers should be put away till they die, you get more time for fraud, justice in this country is one big joke. I am not advocating bringing back hanging , but life should mean life!
    No chance in the world will a double murderer be out in 12 years. A crime like this is likely to see him do a minimum of 40 years nowadays. The same as the blokes who stabbed the lad in Roath.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    No chance in the world will a double murderer be out in 12 years. A crime like this is likely to see him do a minimum of 40 years nowadays. The same as the blokes who stabbed the lad in Roath.
    At which point the lad will be 60 which begs the question why release him in the first place. Life should mean life, three square meals a day, water and an hour exercise every day for the rest of their lives. Prison should be about reforming characters but people guilty of crimes like this should have no such resources put into them, there's just no point.

Mandatory life sentence. Doesn't matter much what the minimum tariff would be as both the parole board and Home Secretary would have to okay a release on licence. I'll go for a whole life sentence.

Used to work with one of the victims, Lee Simmons, for a period when I was a student about 8 or so years ago. He was a nice guy, quiet and unassuming and didn't rub anyone up the wrong way.

From the reports it appears it was a jilted lovers attack on an ex girlfriend, and Lee was at the scene and attempted to intervene with both getting stabbed in the process. Such a sad needless loss of life hope the person responsible gets sentenced accordingly.

RIP Lee and Zoe thoughts are with your family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Used to work with one of the victims, Lee Simmons, for a period when I was a student about 8 or so years ago. He was a nice guy, quiet and unassuming and didn't rub anyone up the wrong way.

From the reports it appears it was a jilted lovers attack on an ex girlfriend, and Lee was at the scene and attempted to intervene with both getting stabbed in the process. Such a sad needless loss of life hope the person responsible gets sentenced accordingly.

RIP Lee and Zoe thoughts are with your family and friends.
    Jilted lover killing his ex and her new boyfriend. Appears they were both targets.

Terrible terrible situation.

Desperately sad incident

Can't imagine what the parents feel like this evening.

A total waste of 3 lives

Suspected killer named and pictured

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ar-old-8935503

Again I would look to my understanding of the Scandinavian model where there is an initial sentence but it is reviewed and can be added to. I would also ask how difficult is it not to murder someone? The world would be an infinitely better place.

It was a sad scene to see flowers being rested outside the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomin View Post
    Suspected killer named and pictured

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...ar-old-8935503
    So horrific and sad.

We can all get hurt when a relationship breaks up but wanting to knife someone to death because of it is senseless.

Thoughts with friends and families mourning such a needlessly loss.

https://www.gofundme.com/2rrc6r2d

This was shared to me on Facebook. A gofundme page to assist with costs for Lee's funeral. Unsure if another was setup for Zoe.

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    https://www.gofundme.com/2rrc6r2d

This was shared to me on Facebook. A gofundme page to assist with costs for Lee's funeral. Unsure if another was setup for Zoe.
    https://www.gofundme.com/2rpezvg