+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lambert Any News On Injury ?

Lambert Any News On Injury ?

Sorry if its been posted , any news on what injury it is, how long out, guess he won't link up with the England squad ?

Re: Lambert Any News On Injury ?

I understood he had tweaked his hamstring but nothing has come out of the club. I am assuming he is out, as Immers is likely to be. God knows what our forward line will look like if Pilks and Fred out as well. Only good thing is that Harris will have to start. Bad news is Zohore as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I understood he had tweaked his hamstring but nothing has come out of the club. I am assuming he is out, as Immers is likely to be. God knows what our forward line will look like if Pilks and Fred out as well. Only good thing is that Harris will have to start. Bad news is Zohore as well.
    How bad can it get , I would play Manga up front with Harris off him.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I understood he had tweaked his hamstring but nothing has come out of the club.
    It looked like an ankle injury to me.

.....but Wales Online says 'thigh injury'

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    How bad can it get , I would play Manga up front with Harris off him.
    I think we will have to play Manga with Noone and Harris either side. What a time to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    .....but Wales Online says 'thigh injury'
    It's probably his knee then

I thought it was his ankle because it seemed to happen when he landed after heading the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think we will have to play Manga with Noone and Harris either side. What a time to be alive.
    Could well be.
    Sounds ridiculous to think that in this day and age a team would have to start the game with a centre half playing as a striker.
    James Collins was a striker made centre half but the reciprocal has happened in the past.

Off the top of my head, I remember Phil Dwyer playing centre forward for Wales. Probably quite a few others too..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Play Noone and Harris as twin strikers - Ben Turner would hate playing against those sort of opponents (of course, our multi talented midfield will have to provide them with the ammunition to run amok mind).

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Could well be.
    Sounds ridiculous to think that in this day and age a team would have to start the game with a centre half playing as a striker.
    James Collins was a striker made centre half but the reciprocal has happened in the past.

Off the top of my head, I remember Phil Dwyer playing centre forward for Wales. Probably quite a few others too..

The best example I can remember is Paul Warhurst playing for Sheffield Wednesday in 1992-3. He was signed as a central defender in 1991 from Oldham but Wednesday had a striker injury crisis the next season (David Hurst, Mark Bright etc all out) and Warhurst scored 12 goals in 12 games. He was even called up to the England squad as a centre forward but then got injured himself and never played.

Could well be.

Our very own Geoff Eckhart (sp)

I think it was Lamberts thigh.He did something in the warm up and Ken was sent out just before kick to have a further warm up but Lambert started only to then come off.What gets me is that we have no one in the development team who can take his place.You would think we could produce a young player who we could take a punt on.What the hell is going on in the development side the system needs fixing asap.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The best example I can remember is Paul Warhurst playing for Sheffield Wednesday in 1992-3. He was signed as a central defender in 1991 from Oldham but Wednesday had a striker injury crisis the next season (David Hurst, Mark Bright etc all out) and Warhurst scored 12 goals in 12 games. He was even called up to the England squad as a centre forward but then got injured himself and never played.
    Even one of own has made the transfer : Jurgen Klopps , new striker ,Steven-Caulker ,defender .

Yeah I remember Warhurst, wow didn't think it was THAT long ago!
    Another closer to home was Paul Went for City must have been late seventies.
    He was a big wide centre half from memory and I think he played at least a couple of games for us at CF, not sure if it was forced through injury though or just that we couldn't score goals.

Surely Jamie Bird is worth a punt in the first team?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Seems like a good shout.
    I guess it would appear too much like we were up against it.
    But .. we are, so why not ..

Could well be.

Scored a cracking header past Peter Shilton at the Canton Stand end as well

Could well be.

Didn't John Charles start out as a defender for Leeds before playing as a striker?

Yeah I remember Warhurst, wow didn't think it was THAT long ago!
    Another closer to home was Paul Went for City must have been late seventies.
    He was a big wide centre half from memory and I think he played at least a couple of games for us at CF, not sure if it was forced through injury though or just that we couldn't score goals.
    Remember Paul Went, his stint up front may have been the time when we gave up hope on Ronnie Moore ever scoring for us.....prolific for Rotherham after he left mind.

Could well be.

I remember Paul Warhurst doing at Sheff Weds in the early 90s. Very successful too.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Didn't John Charles start out as a defender for Leeds before playing as a striker?
    Not sure about that but he was absolutely superb at centre back and centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I was thinking it was time to give Shannon Evans a go.

God knows what our forward line will look like if Pilks and Fred out as well