+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same old same old. Fans starting to turn now

Same old same old. Fans starting to turn now

Another lacklustre effort as Burton are the latest side to help themselves to three points at City's expense.

A quarter of the way through the season and Cardiff City are in a desperate state.

A sixth defeat in the last seven games is pathetic. There's no sugar coating the position we are in. Cardiff City are heading down and they seem unable to do much about it.

The club has no leadership from the top to the bottom. The owner is nowhere to be seen, the board seem clueless on how football works and the manager has no leadership qualities as his side goes through the motions game after game.

The next obvious step is to sack the manager and I think we need to do that but more worrying is that I don't think the people responsible for the decision have the experience to know who to appoint next.

IFor that reason I fear they will stick their head in the sand and hope that if they don't make a decision the situation will improve by itself. Believe me it won't.

Today at Burton City had plenty of possession but it's all in safe areas. When it came to moving the ball into advanced areas the play is pedestrian and easy to defend against. We did create some chances and again come up against a keeper having a good day but the performance was under par and not good enough.

Whereas at the other end Burton get two good chances and score both. They were able to win the game quite comfortably.

Game after game it's the same.

The players, who are not the worse in the division, are not performing to the level they can and that responsibility has to fall to the manager and the work he does ahead of each game.

Much has been made about Trollope’s coaching ability. He may be a good coach but he's not showing that he is a good manager. With Lennie Lawrence behind him we are stuck in a rut that is sapping the life out of the fans, the fans out of the stadium and the team out of the division.

Today the fans in the away end lost their patience and were chanting ‘sacked in the morning’ before a tirade of abuse toward Trollope and the players at the final whistle.

The last time the club were relegated to the third division it took nearly 20 years of bouncing between the bottom two leagues before we came back up. Unless something changes, and soon, we are heading right back there.

Re: Same old same old. Fans starting to turn now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Another lacklustre effort as Burton are the latest side to help themselves to three points at City's expense.

A quarter of the way through the season and Cardiff City are in a desperate state.

A sixth defeat in the last seven games is pathetic. There's no sugar coating the position we are in. Cardiff City are heading down and they seem unable to do much about it.

The club has no leadership from the top to the bottom. The owner is nowhere to be seen, the board seem clueless on how football works and the manager has no leadership qualities as his side goes through the motions game after game.

The next obvious step is to sack the manager and I think we need to do that but more worrying is that I don't think the people responsible for the decision have the experience to know who to appoint next.

IFor that reason I fear they will stick their head in the sand and hope that if they don't make a decision the situation will improve by itself. Believe me it won't.

Today at Burton City had plenty of possession but it's all in safe areas. When it came to moving the ball into advanced areas the play is pedestrian and easy to defend against. We did create some chances and again come up against a keeper having a good day but the performance was under par and not good enough.

Whereas at the other end Burton get two good chances and score both. They were able to win the game quite comfortably.

The players, who are not the worse in the division, are not performing to the level they can and that responsibility has to fall to the manager and the work he does ahead of each game.

Much has been made about Trollope’s coaching ability. He may be a good coach but he's not showing that he is a good manager. With Lennie Lawrence behind him we are stuck in a rut that is sapping the life out of the fans, the fans out of the stadium and the team out of the division.

Today the fans in the away end lost their patience and were chanting ‘sacked in the morning’ before a tirade of abuse toward Trollope and the players at the final whistle.

The last time the club were relegated to the third division it took nearly 20 years of bouncing between the bottom two leagues before we came back up. Unless something changes, and soon, we are heading right back there.
    Sad but spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Again this good coach comment.

He looks all round useless to me.

As soon as Burton scored you just knew it was game over. Don't know where we go from here. Nice to see you at Rotherham Mike.

Under-performing, low on confidence, drifting towards League One.

Whether or not Trollope is wholly responsible (I doubt it) he hasn't been able to sort it out.

I like Trollope as a person and the way he speaks, but if his team can't win football matches he has to go.

There have been no signs of improvement from the start of the season (after a promising performance at Birmingham), we have gone backwards, and the win at Rotherham was fortunate.

The Board have to be decisive and have a plan for short term survival and longer term progress that is more than platitudes and crossed fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Whether or not Trollope is wholly responsible (I doubt it) he hasn't been able to sort it out.

I like Trollope as a person and the way he speaks, but if his team can't win football matches he has to go.

There have been no signs of improvement from the start of the season (after a promising performance at Birmingham), we have gone backwards, and the win at Rotherham was fortunate.

The Board have to be decisive and have a plan for short term survival and longer term progress that is more than platitudes and crossed fingers.

Another worry is how badly the players have gone backwards,Immers,Ralls etc. Why?

Warnock in? In terms of stabilising, I think he's the best we could hope for.

I actually hate the way Trollope speaks. Total bollox. Dust ourseleves down , great belief and all that crap.

If we carry on as we are I'd say relegation is almost inevitable.

Having said that the more the fans call for Trollope to go, the more likely it is that Tan will inflict Trollope on us for the remainder of the season and probably the remainder of his contract.

I would imagine that Tan is enjoying his revenge, a dish best eaten cold.

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Obvious choice.

The clowns running our club will feck it u though.

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    I don't know if Warnock would be interested or is available (he was heavily linked to the St Mirren vacancy in the week) but if he (or similar) was appointed it would be a one season short-term fix. But we need a short term fix or we'll be down with Coventry and Pompey.

I was really encouraged in the summer and first weeks of the season with the talk of establishing a culture, style and philosophy for Cardiff City FC that would be with us for years. Also of promoting youth and strengthening the club's Welsh identity. Some of the talk and some of the actions (including little diplomatic missions like the China coaching trip) have been good. But if we lack effective leadership and effective football knowledge and experience where the decisions are made (Board, Transfer Committee etc) and if a likeable but inexperienced young manager is failing on the pitch, then all the long-term stuff has to be shelved for a more pragmatic way out of the mess.

A Warnock type manager would be an admission of failure by the club - but it could prevent a much more costly and damaging failure.

I don't know if Warnock would be interested or is available (he was heavily linked to the St Mirren vacancy in the week) but if he (or similar) was appointed it would be a one season short-term fix. But we need a short term fix or we'll be down with Coventry and Pompey.

I was really encouraged in the summer and first weeks of the season with the talk of establishing a culture, style and philosophy for Cardiff City FC that would be with us for years. Also of promoting youth and strengthening the club's Welsh identity. Some of the talk and some of the actions (including little diplomatic missions like the China coaching trip) have been good. But if we lack effective leadership and effective football knowledge and experience where the decisions are made (Board, Transfer Committee etc) and if a likeable but inexperienced young manager is failing on the pitch, then all the long-term stuff has to be shelved for a more pragmatic way out of the mess.

A Warnock type manager would be an admission of failure by the club - but it could prevent a much more costly and damaging failure.
    An admission of failure by the club is needed - now - tonight.

Most of our matches have been almost identical, opponent figures us out, realises we have nothing to offer and pops a couple of unanswered goals in.

Isn't it a sign of madness to keep doing something expecting a different result?

He's never going to turn this around. I'm not confident we would stay up without him but I'm confident without a change we will certainly be down. Just nothing there.

Same old fans who turn against anyone .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do you think that fans who have no faith in PT are being unreasonable?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    ^^^This^^^

You only have to look at how they turned on Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Name names

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Didnt happen.

In the old days. Despite the rose tinted view of some there was real abuse of the side and manager. What a load of rubbish etc being chanted.

There was next to no protest against Slade and his side. Im not convinced there will be anything other than boos at the final whistle if Trollope survives.

Makes me laugh when I see the comments from some of the 80s.

My son is about the same age I was when Durban started the downward slide. History repeating itself with Trollope.

Glenn Hoddle is the way to go would be relatively cheap (only doing media) but knows the game inside out and would mold the whole club into a football factory with talent falling off the conveyer belt.
    Anyone remember his Swindon side in a friendly at Ninian Park which he played in ????
    And probably the best England have played in 50+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    Glenn Hoddle is the way to go would be relatively cheap (only doing media) but knows the game inside out and would mold the whole club into a football factory with talent falling off the conveyer belt.
    Anyone remember his Swindon side in a friendly at Ninian Park which he played in ????
    Glen Hoddle thinks disabled people are being punished for being bad in their previous lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Its been emotional View Post
    How come he's not being paid millions to do this somewhere else already?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    How come he's not being paid millions to do this somewhere else already?
    something isnt right with Hoddle, as you ask, why has no-one touched him since Wolves which was 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    something isnt right with Hoddle, as you ask, why has no-one touched him since Wolves which was 10 years ago
    Because Glen Hoddle thinks disabled people are being punished for being bad in their previous lives.

just found on wiki

Hoddle says he has had 26 serious management offers but insists he will not return to management until the academy is able to run itself.

In April 2014 he revealed he had come close to taking over from Andre Villas Boas at Tottenham, before the job was given to Tim Sherwood. "I did have talks with Daniel Levy and the club," Hoddle said. "He wanted a little bit of advice and a bit of a sounding board for himself. "[I said) 'I am there for you if you want me to take it to the end of the season and then we will have a little look at it then, I would be prepared to do that'. "I wouldn't do it for any other club for that short period of time. It was just that it is in my DNA. I have loved my time at other clubs, I really have, but being a Spurs supporter since I was eight, going there very young, it is in my blood."

In August 2014, Hoddle was appointed first team coach at Queens Park Rangers under Harry Redknapp. However, on 3 February 2015, Redknapp resigned, following which Hoddle also left the club.

I didnt know he was a coach at QPR in 14 - 15

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Because Glen Hoddle thinks disabled people are being punished for being bad in their previous lives.
    i remember the incident ( but for the younger fans who dont )

https://www.theguardian.com/football...wsstory.sport7

but surely this wouldnt be enough in todays corrupt world ? ? ?