+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Trollope must be finished?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Trollope must be finished?

I'm not usually a fan of sacking managers early, i do like people to get the chance to implement their style of play, ethos and philosophy, it takes time, but while i wait as patiently as possible (for a football fan) i try to concentrate on the positives, the scraps that convince me that what i'm witnessing will flourish and turn into something half decent, even when the results aren't going our way. Here lies the problem, there aren't any positives, there are no moments of excellence or passages of play that makes me think that it'll turn out ok, there aren't any individual performances that make up for the collective failure, not a well worked goal or decent bit of defending, No leaders, characters or enthusiasm, a decent first touch from a player is turning out to be a bonus feature during a game, such is the ineptitude on and off the pitch.

Trollope has to go, we will be relegated by Christmas at this rate. What we are witnessing is truly shocking, never mind the 'Durban Days' those guys were utter shite, and couldn't play, in some respects they couldn't help being as bad as they were. This group of players aren't world beaters, (Fred and zahore can't play) some lack quality,but none of them are Crap, there is a serious problem when all of your players aren't performing, in most struggling or poor sides there are always one or two who can make a difference or produce a moment of quality, not in this team, He has to go.

Re: Trollope must be finished?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not usually a fan of sacking managers early, i do like people to get the chance to implement their style of play, ethos and philosophy, it takes time, but while i wait as patiently as possible (for a football fan) i try to concentrate on the positives, the scraps that convince me that what i'm witnessing will flourish and turn into something half decent, even when the results aren't going our way. Here lies the problem, there aren't any positives, there are no moments of excellence or passages of play that makes me think that it'll turn out ok, there aren't any individual performances that make up for the collective failure, not a well worked goal or decent bit of defending, No leaders, characters or enthusiasm, a decent first touch from a player is turning out to be a bonus feature during a game, such is the ineptitude on and off the pitch.

Trollope has to go, we will be relegated by Christmas at this rate. What we are witnessing is truly shocking, never mind the 'Durban Days' those guys were utter shite, and couldn't play, in some respects they couldn't help being as bad as they were. This group of players aren't world beaters, (Fred and zahore can't play) some lack quality,but none of them are Crap, there is a serious problem when all of your players aren't performing, in most struggling or poor sides there are always one or two who can make a difference or produce a moment of quality, not in this team, He has to go.
    Post of the day

Re: Trollope must be finished?

[QUOTE=Tuerto;4679573]I'm not usually a fan of sacking managers early /QUOTE]

I think with prett much a quarter of the games gone it wouldn't neccessarily be THAT early. At least if there were some signs of coherence or desire it might be worth hanging on. I don't think that has been the case.