+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ironic cheers , singing today .

Ironic cheers , singing today .

Cardiff fans were on form today, started good humoured and self effacing then got a bit nasty.

We had a shot that looked like it had squeezed in the corner and we were all celebrating as it sailed past the post

The crowd gave it " we thought we scored " quite amusing .

As the game progressed the chants got a little darker , Burton scored their second and it was " your getting sacked in the morning " not from the Burton fans but our own faithful.

"What a load of Trollope " was next on the song sheet , followed by "we are shit and we know we are "

I am sure ther will be some hand wringing but I thought it was good black humour especially after Freddy and ZOhore came on and all hope left us.

At the end a couple of Cardiff players came over and handed their tops to a couple of young supporters , I think it was Freddy thought it would be a good idea to give his away which wasn't greeted with enthusiasm by some . One guy walked towards him telling him to F off and offering him his shirt...

I personally thought we started well , Burton scored and we strarted to get nervous . Came out for the second half and they scored again and it was all over . Bringing on Freddy and Zohore were crazy substitutions , they are totally inept , offer nothing, zilch ., if Trollope is following Tans orders he deserves the sack .

Thought Noone , OKeefe and Harris ( when he came on ) did well . Whitts supplied the quality .

Something is lacking , we can still play decent football but the confidence has gone . Burton dint have many attacks but they ran out comfortable winners . I doubt Trollope will survive this one , who can replace him and be in total control of team matters though?

Re: Ironic cheers , singing today .

'Trollope for England' made me smile

nothing better than footy fans humour, cardiff used to have it in abundance when we were in the 3rd ( old 4th ) Div in the early 90's, it seemed to disappear as we started to move up the leagues

I think we've got some of the best fans for taking the
    Mick out of our own side.
    We want 7 - as the 6th went in at port vale..

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    I think we've got some of the best fans for taking the
    Mick out of our own side.
    We want 7 - as the 6th went in at port vale..

6 more we only need 6 more when we lost 7-2 at home to Cambridge 1994 I think

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    And...."We're coming for you, we're coming for you, Newport County, we're coming for you"! Funny but a bit near the truth the way things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Yeah made me chuckle too . I enjoyed my afternoon in a weird kinda way

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    And...."We're coming for you, we're coming for you, Newport County, we're coming for you"! Funny but a bit near the truth the way things are going.
    Fair play !

Newport County 3 - City 0.

Shame that there was some handbags & slapping between our own fans. Pashun was running high & there were some differences of opinion. Interesting that the stewards were more interested in stopping vaping, yet ignored the disturbance.