+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well where do we go from here?

Well where do we go from here?

We are bottom and likely to stay there based on what we are serving up?
    We have tried a new managers, the welsh player love in, new tactics and formations and we are getting worse
    What next all you experts who ridicule the likes of tandy and myself for seeing the astute work of the previous manager who so many wanted out?

Re: Well where do we go from here?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We are bottom and likely to stay there based on what we are serving up?
    We have tried a new managers, the welsh player love in, new tactics and formations and we are getting worse
    What next all you experts who ridicule the likes of tandy and myself for seeing the astute work of the previous manager who so many wanted out?
    Even with this season going so badly, you won't find many who want Slade back.

Should get you and Tandy now imo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Even with this season going so badly, you won't find many who want Slade back.
    You won't find many who will admit they were wrong in thinking Trolls was the answer.
    Yet to see one poster have the balls to say " I got it wrong". Doubt if we will either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    You won't find many who will admit they were wrong in thinking Trolls was the answer.
    Yet to see one poster have the balls to say " I got it wrong". Doubt if we will either.
    I can imagine at points last season that I would have preferred Trollope to take over as manager after some of the boring dross served up under Slade, but under Trollope's stewardship we're worse than we've been in a decade.

I get the feeling the lads are missing the influence of their team captain and have yet to find an adequate replacement.

I don't even remember there being that much antipathy towards Slade. There was a general feeling that he had done a good job under pretty trying circumstances. It was more a case of him having taken us as far as he could. There was certainly no clamour for Trollope.

I can't recall anyone who thought that Trollope was the answer, correct me if i'm wrong. The old adage that football is a results business is true up until a point, the phrase is generally regurgitated by lazy journalists and blinkered fans who can't bring themselves to critisise the level of performance or the lack of tactical nous and creativity of a manager. Let's allow Slade the title of a results based manager, based on last season (i'm feeling generous) and also based on his footballing philosophy, style of play and tactics, in short, it was Slade's belief that the result was the most important aspect of the game. It's my opinion that because of this attitude,and because Slade was of the Now, and that he didn't believe that he had the ability to mould a creative unit that could win and perform at the same time, and in doing so, stifled any form of expression and creativity within the side. Slade had no interest in developing young players, was bereft in the transfer market, didn't have an eye for a player with potential, and not one player improved during his tenure. This has led to the squad not just stagnating, but going backwards. Trollope is a disaster, Slade was the warm up act.

I got it wrong.

I didn't think Trollop was necessarily "the answer" , but I thought he'd move us forward from where we were under the previous stooge, whoops, I mean 'manager'.

Banned

I can imagine at points last season that I would have preferred Trollope to take over as manager after some of the boring dross served up under Slade, but under Trollope's stewardship we're worse than we've been in a decade.

I get the feeling the lads are missing the influence of their team captain and have yet to find an adequate replacement.
    Being a football fan is frustrating, we all want to watch our team play Stella football. What we have to learn is that "dross" is part and parcel of football and sometimes we have to live with it. I didn't always agree with Slade last season but while he was our manager I fully supported him. It's a pity the Trolls fans were not so loyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I don't even remember there being that much antipathy towards Slade. There was a general feeling that he had done a good job under pretty trying circumstances. It was more a case of him having taken us as far as he could. There was certainly no clamour for Trollope.
    Are you being serious???

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Are you being serious???
    Barry got a bad case of the old selective memory disorder.

I think Slade did a job under trying conditions, and as the club had no intention of employing someone outside of the club , should have stayed with him for another year.

Being a football fan is frustrating, we all want to watch our team play Stella football. What we have to learn is that "dross" is part and parcel of football and sometimes we have to live with it. I didn't always agree with Slade last season but while he was our manager I fully supported him. It's a pity the Trolls fans were not so loyal.
    FFS... If a Manager is clearly underperforming then what the hell has 'loyalty' got to do with improving the situation?

And what the hell is "Stella" football?!! It think you must have been on the Stella..
    Assume you meant stellar.

There is an old adage that goes "It doesn't matter who you vote for the government always get in."

With Tan being the top fly on the pile of shite we have here, the person who takes on the poisoned chalice that is the role of manager at Cardiff City will always have the same restrictions placed on them by him and the directors.

Tan has lost face with the fans, money in his back pocket and reputation with the Club and he has been trying to hollow out to a husk before he walks away. The problem he has is that he'll be able to sell a Championship club easier than a League One club...or so a logical person would do. However we are talking about a business person who has made one bad decision after another when it comes to this football club.

My heart says that we'll find a manager that can turn the fortunes on the pitch around, but my head says this is Tans punishment for our crime of not getting behind his red dream when we were in the Premiership, rather instead the crowds choosing to be vitriolic towards him over cheering the side that may just have survived more than just one year in the top flight has Malky not been sacked.

Having the sane Lenny Lawrence back that was repeatedly booed and received post-final whistle demonstrations calling for him to be sacked shows you how desperate the board are to find the silver bullet, but until Tan goes I can't see any reversal of fortune this season.

I hope I'm wrong.

The guys who could be captaining us were playing for huddersfield and burton yesterday but then again if we had kept them two we may still have been in the prem now and definitely a lot better than where we are now

I certainly imagined we'd be doing a lot better than we have been so far.
    My choice was Craig Bellamy but I'll admit that I preferred the idea of Trollope than Warnock etc.
    I thought it would be a period of transition but I did think we would at least try to attack now and then!

Our football has been woeful but I am still glad to see the back of Slade and I think we would be in a similar position if he was here.

I think you are mistaking Slade for Pep Guardiola. May I remind you that his Charlton lost at home to Rochdale yesterday.

Trollope has been poor thus far, I can't argue with that but I still contest that the biggest damage was done by our transfer committee this summer (however that works)

My thoughts on Slade were I did n`t like him and I did n`t shout for him to go but when he was pushed upstairs I was happy.
    It was the promotion of Trollope that completely underwhelmed me.