+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Westworld

Caught the first episode of the new tv show Westworld, have to say it looks great. Anyone else see it?

Re: Westworld

Was it as good as the original ?

Can't beat a bitta Yul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcL3eP0Hfy4

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Can't beat a bitta Yul

Yul have to find out for yourself.

Looking forward to it.

Seems to be getting a lot of hype and has a pretty decent cast - especially that Welsh bloke who played some nice chap in a film once.

Then again who can forget the pile of steaming turd that was fortitude?

Trailer looks great.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475784/

I wont get to see it on release as it seems to be on Sky Atlantic, but I'll be catching up with this when I get opportunity.

Yep, thought it was excellent.
    Apart from the trailer and knowing the original film i went into it blind, didn't realise it had such a strong cast and Jonathan Nolan behind the scenes and the camera.
    My only annoyance was the English guy, its like they've drafted him in from some other,much weaker show. If he acts like that all the way through hes going to piss me off pretty quickly.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Can't beat a bitta Yul

One of my favorite films.

Scared the shit out of me when I was a kid, really looking forward to watching it.

Brilliant 2nd episode, this looks like it's going to be one of my favourite shows on TV. Love the thought that goes into the show and the attention to detail.

Blue in the Face

The trailer looks unreal. Looking like a classic to be sure. Glad to hear it's living up the hype.

I've watched the first episode. Really enjoyed it.

Complete and utter rubbish!

Gotta blame Darren Clarke really, should never have picked him

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Brilliant 2nd episode, this looks like it's going to be one of my favourite shows on TV. Love the thought that goes into the show and the attention to detail.
    Loved the first episode, my better half had never seen the original and I kept it to myself what it was about, she loved it too. Looking forward to the next. The yul brynner character looks a good fit.

Dissapointing to say the least

Is that you Marty? How have you viewed the 2nd episode, it hasn't aired in the USA yet. Or is the date in the corner of my computer incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Is that you Marty? How have you viewed the 2nd episode, it hasn't aired in the USA yet. Or is the date in the corner of my computer incorrect?
    It leaked early.
    Think it was available through a hbo app or something.

I didn't know it hadn't been on yet, spotted it on nzbs so I grabbed it.

I didn't know it hadn't been on yet, spotted it on nzbs so I grabbed it.
    Is it still about? Saying that, I may not have the time to watch it before Tuesday so may as well wait until it airs.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Complete and utter rubbish!

Gotta blame Darren Clarke really, should never have picked him

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Is it still about? Saying that, I may not have the time to watch it before Tuesday so may as well wait until it airs.
    They released it early on demand as it would have otherwise aired the same time as the next Presidential debate which will get unheard of ratings. Loving the show so far though!

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Loved the first episode, my better half had never seen the original and I kept it to myself what it was about, she loved it too. Looking forward to the next. The yul brynner character looks a good fit.
    The king of Siam is in it??

Just saw episode 3, interesting one this week, got a bit more backstory, got to see a young CGI Anthony Hopkins and some shit goes down that I won't spoil for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, great stuff though, loving this show.

Yep loving it.
    The de-ageing of Hopkins was very well done, if i had to guess, i think they took his head from the brilliant film Magic.
    Some real WTF moments towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yep loving it.
    The de-ageing of Hopkins was very well done, if i had to guess, i think they took his head from the brilliant film Magic.
    Some real WTF moments towards the end.
    Thought episode three was the best so far.

Great bit of history and science of the development of consciousnesses of the 'hosts'.

Very unpredictable show and I love it!

I think you're right about 'Magic'

Cheers Colonel, For gods sake man, add a spoiler alert if you are going to update! I was watching it last week, and I thought the only thing I wouldn't like to see is if they made Hopkins young from cgi, particularly if they used images from the film magic. don't think I'll bother with it now.