+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Westworld

Re: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by Something Blue View Post
    Cheers Colonel, For gods sake man, add a spoiler alert if you are going to update! I was watching it last week, and I thought the only thing I wouldn't like to see is if they made Hopkins young from cgi, particularly if they used images from the film magic. don't think I'll bother with it now.
    Yeesh, that's a tough break for you.

Yeah I'm not bothered though, I'm going to catch up on Strictly now instead, in fact just put a oner bet on with my brother. Will Young to win for me So have that you've done me a favour.

Losing interest in this. After a promising start it feels repetitive and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Losing interest in this. After a promising start it feels repetitive and tedious.
    Got to say I'm a little bit underwhelmed so far.

A promising start but now it feels like they're just setting things for up for another franchise where they can drag things out year after year to recoup the money they've spent on it.

I realise that things need to be built up but there also needs to be a sense of something actually happening.

Episodes 2 and 3 seemed to be two hours of nothing except something is not quite right with the robots and some of the workers have reservations.

If it doesn't pick up in episode 4 then I'm not sure I can be arsed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Got to say I'm a little bit underwhelmed so far.

A promising start but now it feels like they're just setting things for up for another franchise where they can drag things out year after year to recoup the money they've spent on it.

I realise that things need to be built up but there also needs to be a sense of something actually happening.

Episodes 2 and 3 seemed to be two hours of nothing except something is not quite right with the robots and some of the workers have reservations.

If it doesn't pick up in episode 4 then I'm not sure I can be arsed with it.
    Watched the 4th episode last night, still enjoying it though i'm beginning to feel i may be a little too dull to figure out whats going on.
    I don,t expect all questions to be answered by the end of the series, but i'll be well pissed off if some aren't.

Fell asleep in the latest episode - its being dragged out and is repetitive

Will stick with it a bit longer but its not a patch on TWD or GOT

How long before the arsey mate with the beard of the nice guy gets it from Yul Brynner or somebody like him anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Feeling the same way tbh. Maybe another couple of episodes

Watched 20 minutes and was bored shitless.

After a great start the 3rd episode was a bit boring, but I watched the 4th last night and I really enjoyed it. I like how its shaping up and cant wait to see what Ford (AH) has planned. I love any scene with the black hat man in as well

The Dolores story is getting a bit tedious though, but I'm sure it'll all link in and come together.

Just finished the series last night. Fan-****ing-tastic

One of the best first series there's ever been imo

Believe me it all comes together so well. Hopkins is outstanding. Can't pick a bad performance really.

It's the kind of programme that's had me googling about it all day in work and reading alternative views and theories. It's a masterpiece
    Last edited by BlueArmy 86; 09-12-16 at 19:41.

Yep, fantastic final few episodes.
    I felt it dragged a bit in the middle but by the end it all made sense.
    Planning on re-watching it all again over Xmas to see if i can pick apart the clues i may have missed first time around.
    Agree, its a masterpiece of a series.
    If anyone couldnt be arsed mid series, its well worth finishing.

Definitely need to watch the last two episodes again myself!! I'm putting it down to lager and age

Good series though

This series definitely got better. Got good just as I was thinking off packing it in.

Just like to ad an echo to the last few posts.
    After a slow start, it got very slow in the middle, but bloody hell did it make up for it with the last few eps.

It's good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Just finished the series last night. Fan-****ing-tastic

One of the best first series there's ever been imo

Believe me it all comes together so well. Hopkins is outstanding. Can't pick a bad performance really.

It's the kind of programme that's had me googling about it all day in work and reading alternative views and theories. It's a masterpiece
    Agree completely. I loved it - and just finished watching the last episode an hour ago.

I can't work out if that was the end - or if a second series is coming? It tied off the loose ends, but left plenty of scope to keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Agree completely. I loved it - and just finished watching the last episode an hour ago.

I can't work out if that was the end - or if a second series is coming? It tied off the loose ends, but left plenty of scope to keep going.
    Second series confirmed for 2018

i'm on episode 3.

still trying to warm to it

It's a bit of a slow burn Mike but worth sticking with.
    I couldn't wait for the series to start, then felt a bit let down, and parts of it seemed a bit pointless but it does gather pace and things come together.

I gave up on it when it suddenly dawned on me that it had been three weeks since I'd watched the third episode - obviously it was not making enough of an impression on me.

Got to say I became increasingly bored with it for a couple of reasons - first, it seemed to me that one, rather than two hours was a more natural and appropriate episode length and second, things moved on to a different level when the always very good Ed Harris was on screen. The man in black was a captivating character, but he flitted in and out of things and I'm afraid it reached the stage with me that I was watching characters that I couldn't get interested in for three quarters, at least, of each episode.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I gave up on it when it suddenly dawned on me that it had been three weeks since I'd watched the third episode - obviously it was not making enough of an impression on me.

Got to say I became increasingly bored with it for a couple of reasons - first, it seemed to me that one, rather than two hours was a more natural and appropriate episode length and second, things moved on to a different level when the always very good Ed Harris was on screen. The man in black was a captivating character, but he flitted in and out of things and I'm afraid it reached the stage with me that I was watching characters that I couldn't get interested in for three quarters, at least, of each episode.
    Its difficult without giving spoilers to discuss the Ed Harris character,but it does payoff in the end as there is a very good reason why the cast seems sprawling,and what you may consider a minor player has a larger part to play as you piece it all together.
    Knowing howit ends may make the middle bunch of episodes less stodgy, going to watch it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I gave up on episode 3.

Then decided to carry on weeks after, after people at work kept asking me if I'd watched this week's episode every week.

When you get to episode 5, the whole thing hits another level and it is gripping from then til the end.

Try again, get through the lukewarm episodes 3 & 4, and 5 will keep you hooked in.

Can see why people have given up. I stopped watching after episode 4, until a few days ago a friend demanded I finish the series. I think it's much better not having to wait a week for each one as well.

Anyone who finishes the series will appreciate it.

They're currently writing the 2nd series now, will be out in 2018. Can't wai!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Its difficult without giving spoilers to discuss the Ed Harris character,but it does payoff in the end as there is a very good reason why the cast seems sprawling,and what you may consider a minor player has a larger part to play as you piece it all together.
    Knowing howit ends may make the middle bunch of episodes less stodgy, going to watch it all again.
    Just watched the final episode, i think youre right. Needs another watch once you see the finale to get your head around the plot. Very good.

I was another one who gave up after episode three. Judgements on here are sound so will give this another go.