+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guidolin Sacked

Guidolin Sacked

Bob Bradley taking over.

Apparently he's an American "soccer" coach, currently in charge at Le Havre.

Re: Guidolin Sacked

Watched a bit of their last two matches and they weren't anywhere as bad as I had hoped. Have some decent players and had a good go at two of the better sides in the division.

Can't see them going down whatever happens but seems a strange sacking, all rather panicky.

With us the performances have been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Watched a bit of their last two matches and they weren't anywhere as bad as I had hoped. Have some decent players and had a good go at two of the better sides in the division.

Can't see them going down whatever happens but seems a strange sacking, all rather panicky.

With us the performances have been awful.
    Pretty much how I see it, they haven't looked bad at all. If Guidolin gets the sack, then what hope should Trollope hold out?

Idiotic decision in my mind, Guidolin is a great coach. I like a bit of Serie A and was amazed they managed to attract him there in the first place.

Bob Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Idiotic decision in my mind, Guidolin is a great coach. I like a bit of Serie A and was amazed they managed to attract him there in the first place.

Bob Bradley
    USA!!

USA!!!!

USA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Pretty much how I see it, they haven't looked bad at all. If Guidolin gets the sack, then what hope should Trollope hold out?
    All I know is that for the best part of a year, Swansea have been doing a good impression of a club in decline that is heading for an eventual relegation - not as convincing as ours mind, but it's there nonetheless.

While everyone around is pressing the panic button, Vincent Tan, Mehmet Dalman and Ken Choo are holding their nerve.

Which is admirable in a way.

But probably a mistake.

Still renting from the council after years of millions upon millions in tv deals.

Racking the cash in from player sales and buying no one in comparison to other mighty giants such as stoke or WBA.

Sold their soul to the yanks. After they smelt that cash cow/money making racket that jenkins has fostered.

Jenkins "Look here lads. Our fans are too dumb to criticise us because we have remained in the premier league, even though we've made hundreds of millions from tv deals. We only buy players when desperate"

Americans "deal".

Who'd have thunk it.

Our trend-setting pals from down the motorway........

Swans begin their inevitable sink.
    Not that we have anything to crow about, but ..

This reminds me of something our own resident idiot in charge would do based on zero footballing knowledge.

I for one am starting to like their new American owners. Yeeeee hahahaha

It is his birthday today as well.
    A bit brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    A bit brutal.
    I'm sure there was a substantial cheque in his card to help soften the blow.

Looking forward to the influx of Yank players now

Not happy, are they?

Nice move to sack Guidolin on his birthday too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37542434

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    A bit brutal.
    Paul Trollope born June 3rd 1972, damn a missed opportunity! Hope the Emperor, Dormat & Atchoo don't wait another 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Paul Trollope born June 3rd 1972, damn a missed opportunity! Hope the Emperor, Dormat & Atchoo don't wait another 8 months
    Tan's lucky number is '8' so he really should have made the move in August before a ball was kicked in anger.

It may also explain why Joe Ralls is the first name on every teamsheet - because as everyone knows, Vincent picks the team.

The brutal reality of modern day football.
    Run by a bunch of rich foreigners who give diddly squat for what the fans want or how they treat people.

Not that I'm shedding any tears about the Jacks' current plight but it does highlight
    another reason people don't want to pay money to go watch their 'local' team, including us Cardiff City fans as has been topical recently.

Okay so Tan goes, what chance a better owner steps forward?
    I think we all know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Still renting from the council after years of millions upon millions in tv deals.

Racking the cash in from player sales and buying no one in comparison to other mighty giants such as stoke or WBA.

Sold their soul to the yanks. After they smelt that cash cow/money making racket that jenkins has fostered.

Jenkins "Look here lads. Our fans are too dumb to criticise us because we have remained in the premier league, even though we've made hundreds of millions from tv deals. We only buy players when desperate"

Americans "deal".

Who'd have thunk it.
    It is quite remarkable how many of their fans hold Huw and the board in such high regards. They have swindled the club out of millions, great businessmen no doubt but not a great chairman. They have a fantastic model there for someone to make a significant investment but no one seems willing at present.

Just been to have a look at Planet Swamp and it's in meltdown. A lot of anger on there.

Guideline seems a decent coach and they have played well against Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool but only picked up one point. If Bradley had been in charge they probably would have lost all 3 heavily.

Don't like the way it was common knowledge that they spoke to Bradley last week, when Guidolin was still there and today they sack him when he's gone back to Italy. Those owners and Jenkins really are not very nice. Feel sorry for Guidolin, he should come to us.

Never mind Bradley should give us all a laugh with his pedigree of being manager of a Belgian Second tier club, and previous been in Egypt and Norway! Made my Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Just been to have a look at Planet Swamp and it's in meltdown. A lot of anger on there.

Guideline seems a decent coach and they have played well against Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool but only picked up one point. If Bradley had been in charge they probably would have lost all 3 heavily.

Don't like the way it was common knowledge that they spoke to Bradley last week, when Guidolin was still there and today they sack him when he's gone back to Italy. Those owners and Jenkins really are not very nice. Feel sorry for Guidolin, he should come to us.

Never mind Bradley should give us all a laugh with his pedigree of being manager of a Belgian Second tier club, and previous been in Egypt and Norway! Made my Monday.
    With that pedigree, perhaps he'll make a bid for Gounongbe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    With that pedigree, perhaps he'll make a bid for Gounongbe.
    I hope so, him ZOhore and Immers in a triple deal? He'd know Gounongbe from Belgium so fingers crossed.

Another Swansea manager gone.

I wonder of this guy had to leave because a board member was banging a players wife as well?