+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next manager odds... Warnock favourite

Re: Next manager odds... Warnock favourite

Is Holloway hated for his personality rather than his ability on here? i think his record is very successful.

This is not an endorsement for him just wondering why so many are adamantly against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    And falsify player contracts , leading to a longish ban from football and a suspended jail sentence (see history of Boston United).
    Yeah but besides all these things....

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    And falsify player contracts , leading to a longish ban from football and a suspended jail sentence (see history of Boston United).
    I'd rather PT than Evans, he's a horrible man. I live in the same building as a Leeds (exiled unfortunately) player (who started nearly every game under Evans) and he cannot stand him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Guy knows how to manage a football team.
    And eat cakes.
    Paul Guy it is then, if there's any more liability to PMG left in CCFC's balance sheet we could eliminate it against his wages I'm sure he'd take writing it off in equal value to each wage payment if it increased his transfer budget.
    Last edited by gabbsthenewt; 04-10-16 at 13:05.

Other than he is a bit unsightly and uncouth Steve Evans would do for me.Guy knows how to manage a football team.
    And eat cakes.
    I don't mind his size or the impression that he's a heart attack waiting to happen - that is offset by having half a clue and a bucket of passion. What really puts me off Steve Evans is his habit of speaking about himself in the 3rd person as if he is some kind of superman, and his embarrassing brown-nosing of his club's owners. I think even Vincent Tan would find that OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd rather PT than Evans, he's a horrible man. I live in the same building as a Leeds (exiled unfortunately) player (who started nearly every game under Evans) and he cannot stand him.
    You dont have to sleep with him. We need a manager who can bring a modicum of success.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Is Holloway hated for his personality rather than his ability on here? i think his record is very successful.

This is not an endorsement for him just wondering why so many are adamantly against him.
    Scrap that just looked it up. i thought he had done better at QPR and forgot about Leicester

Awful as it seems, lets bring in someone who is ,savvy , crafty , bends the rules just , spots a corrupt one a mile off , knows how agents and owners deal, used to the press , knows players, motivates well . has an enormous head, got hair, likes a pint and a joke

Lets go

I'm not joking , and I would win a few quid .

Sam Allardyce 40/1
    Last edited by life on mars; 04-10-16 at 13:15.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post

He didn't do that well at QPR, plus remember Leicester?

Just put £50 on Michael Appleton.......

If we wish to remain in the Championship then Warnock is the only realistic option.

Has to be Warnock if the club are serious about staying up and the becoming competitive in this league again. His record in the championship is fantastic and he has a proven track record, on several occasions, of turning clubs like us around.
    We are 23rd in the championship, not mid table in the premier league so need a firefighter and motivator.
    On top of this, Warnock has always spoken highly of us and if (and it is a huge if!) he can work with Tan, the club should give him a contract working with a young Assistant (Bellamy or Roweberry). In a couple of months time, we may all look forward to going to games again and that in itself would be progress!

Warnock would be good if he came in with Mick Jones. I don't think he could do much on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Russell Slade at 33/1 anyone?

Neil Warnock 1/10
    Ryan Giggs 6/1
    Craig Bellamy 10/1
    James Rowberry 14/1
    David Jones 20/1
    Nigel Pearson 25/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
    Steve McClaren 28/1
    Ian Holloway 33/1
    Steve Bruce 33/1
    Dean Saunders 33/1
    Tim Sherwood 33/1
    Russell Slade 33/1
    John Hartson 33/1
    Steve Cotterill 33/1
    Kenny Jackett 33/1
    Steve Evans 40/1
    Sam Allardyce 40/1 –

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    They are incredibly short odds for Warnock, somebody knows something.
    Could not stand the bloke when we played against his sides but he will galvanise the side and fans IMO.
    He'll keep us up
    It'll be Warnock, he's gagging to have a go with City.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Russell Slade at 33/1 anyone?

Neil Warnock 1/10
    Ryan Giggs 6/1
    Craig Bellamy 10/1
    James Rowberry 14/1
    David Jones 20/1
    Nigel Pearson 25/1
    Roberto Di Matteo 25/1
    Steve McClaren 28/1
    Ian Holloway 33/1
    Steve Bruce 33/1
    Dean Saunders 33/1
    Tim Sherwood 33/1
    Russell Slade 33/1
    John Hartson 33/1
    Steve Cotterill 33/1
    Kenny Jackett 33/1
    Steve Evans 40/1
    Sam Allardyce 40/1 –
    With our recent track record of penny pinching, none of those names are likely.

It will likely be some manager from the lower leagues or Scotland that I have never heard of.

Steve Bruce, Warnock or Bellamy would get people interested, but Bruce will go to Villa. Warnock would almost guarantee us safety even if he is an arse.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Warnock would be good if he came in with Mick Jones. I don't think he could do much on his own.
    With Topper Headon as kit man, and Paul Simonon as physio.

I wouldn't rule out Dave Jones just yet. Out of work, still lives in the area (as far as I know), has been an advisor to Vincent Tan (whatever that entails) and, for all his failings, is able to get results at this level from very little resources.

Quote Originally Posted by blueslippers View Post
    Has to be Warnock if the club are serious about staying up and the becoming competitive in this league again. His record in the championship is fantastic and he has a proven track record, on several occasions, of turning clubs like us around.
    We are 23rd in the championship, not mid table in the premier league so need a firefighter and motivator.
    On top of this, Warnock has always spoken highly of us and if (and it is a huge if!) he can work with Tan, the club should give him a contract working with a young Assistant (Bellamy or Roweberry). In a couple of months time, we may all look forward to going to games again and that in itself would be progress!
    The last thing Warnock needs in this situation is a replacement looking over his shoulder. He needs someone he knows and trusts. Mick Jones has worked with Warnock at a few clubs and he is the kind of sergeant major type required by a sinking team.

You dont have to sleep with him. We need a manager who can bring a modicum of success.
    I'd rather the manager wasn't a criminal, that's not too much to ask I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Colin Addison 4/1
    Frank Burrows 5/1
    Russell Slade 7/1
    Alan Durban 15/2

"Russell Slade 7/1"

Where's everyone seeing these odds I cant find any on next Cardiff manager