+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can we stop the rot?

Can we stop the rot?

Personally I think our demise has been coming for a long time. Malky raised the standards of professionalism around the club but even under Malky our football was over heavily reliant on set pieces to break teams down.

Since then not one manager had managed to address the lack of pace and creativity throughout the squad. We are functional at best and our signings since we got promoted have been laughable.

I hope the next manager breaths a bit of flair into the club as at the moment dragging myself down to watch has become a bigger chore than going to work!

For what it's worth my choice would be Bellamy (as it was in the summer) but I wouldn't be opposed to him working alongside someone like Warnock this season in order to escape the drop.

My reasoning for wanting Bellamy are the same as it was in the summer. I think we need someone who cares about the long term future of the club and will use his experience under top top managers to recommend the systems we need to put in place to transform our club. Probably my biggest issue with Slade was the fact that he was just trying to keep himself in his job whilst having little regard for the future of Cardiff City.

Malky was the last man to try to install systems of improvement at the club where he installed sports science teams and pushed for new training facilities etc.

I still believe the club needs more of a long term vision and I truly hope that the club don't react by bouncing to the extreme opposite like we usually do!

Re: Can we stop the rot?

I think that whoever lands the managers should also be given adequate funds for squad strengthening. And while they are at it take a good long look at the present player recruitment procedure because it seems as if there is definitely something wrong there.