+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are a basket case of a club who need to change direction rapid

Re: We are a basket case of a club who need to change direction rapid

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Are you in the real world. Me and tandy whining? Your having a laff. Me and tandy were the only ones on here who werent whining all last season when slade took us to the top 8 in the league we are sit 23rd in!!!!!!

Good on ya feller. Wit woo!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    For all the talk in the press what exactly was the Cardiff Way.

There were no youngsters being played (John was in and out), there was no goals being scored and no attempts at stopping them the other way.

Id rather see evidence of the clubs progression with my eyes on the pitch, rather than reading it on the clubs website.

With all due respect, I don't know what this response is supposed to mean!
    Do you think we could establish a footballing identity in 12 weeks?!

Trollope was set this task but unfortunately it came to the detriment of the short term too much thus he's being replaced.

I have my reservations about whether Trollope could provide an expansive brand of football having now witnessed his in my opinion over cautious approach.

Does that mean we should just jack any ambition of developing any progressive football at this club and live for results week by week?

We need to have two plans running alongside each other. One for the here and now and one for the long term. I wonder if Warnock is man to implement the second plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    Surprised Gringo.
    Chepstow's statement was if's and buts and whining.
    Surely not really feasible to agree, or disagree - yet.

If CCFC employ a manager you approve of, then surely you will not mind :)
    Hmm . here's hoping eh!

I just think we are tossed around in the wind mate, constantly reacting on a whim.

Signing Welsh players for example on the back of Wales Euro success. Now we would all love to see Welsh players in Cardiff shirts, but signing Emyr Huws only to find out that he can't get in our current midfield is unbelievable.

We need to have a solid plan that is built signing players based on quality that can actually strengthen our team.

How many players have we signed in recent years who are weaker than the starting 11.

If the club are serious about being successful they would at least consult someone with Craig Bellamy's experience in the game considering he's currently helping out at the club for FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    'The Cardiff Way' doesn't exist yet, but we do need a club strategy and philosophy that outlasts the current manager (whoever that is).

A lot of what Dalman, Choo and (to a lesser extent) Trollope have laid out is a recognition that Cardiff City Football Club has been directionless and that needs to change. Dave Jones to Malky Mackay to Ole Gunnar Solksjaer to Russell Slade to Paul Trollope (never mind the glorious reigns of Kerslake and Young/Gabbidon) had us swinging from one extreme to another and racking up players and debt along the way as a lack of Board direction and financial control was exposed. Combine that with poor communication with fans, a red shirt, and a blocked route for youth players to the first team.

However, even whilst some of that was still going on the club did reverse the rebrand, and Tan made the firmest of commitments to converting debt into equity in February. Financial controls have clearly been tightened and we appear to be staying on the right side of FFP sanctions. Talk of a local identity and a style of play that would be reflected in the u23s, u18s and younger age group teams - and in player recruitment - was all good. That has to happen for the club and the team to be successful and sustainable.

The weaknesses and the disconnect between some of the statements and what is actually happening are obvious. But even if the club go for a one season fire-fighter like Warnock, I hope they don't ditch 'The Cardiff Way'. I hope they give it real meaning and take it to the next level through the Board, a better scouting and recruitment process, through the development and academy squads, through fan communication and engagement.... and be ready to go again with a long-term plan next summer.
    Excellent post Jon

Having now read through the thread is see that some of the points I made have already been addressed