+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Will Warnock be allowed

Will Warnock be allowed

To bring in some out of contract players?
    Warnock alone isn't going to solve our goal scoring / chance creating problems.

Re: Will Warnock be allowed

Could be a problem IMHO, unless that's one of his conditions, I'd imagine he'd have to ship a couple out, easier said than done at the moment.

Then again, if the issue has been the training regime, maybe he can get the best out of what we've got

I'd still be surprised if Warnock is offered and especially if he accepts the job.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    I would disagree as the majority of last years team are in place and we could argue this year it actually has a real center forward in place , I seem to remember under the golden Slade period we did score goals, its all about being in the opposition half rather than poncing around in our own, and stop giving the ball away .

On paper we have a good squad more than capable of mounting a top 6 challenge , again as we did last year .

Motivation and commitment is the rallying call for Mrs Doubtfire.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd still be surprised if Warnock is offered and especially if he accepts the job.
    Surely you know it's 'official'. Sky Sports News have announced it!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Surprise!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Not sure what out of contract players are available that would improve our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Not sure what out of contract players are available that would improve our team.
    Junior Hoilett? Granted he isn't exceptional but he's quick and better than what we have, scored 6 in 29 last year which would have made him our joint 2nd top goal scorer. QPR offered him about 8-10k a week in the summer, so he's not out of our price range. He's still not got a club so a short term deal could work well for both club and player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Junior Hoilett? Granted he isn't exceptional but he's quick and better than what we have, scored 6 in 29 last year which would have made him our joint 2nd top goal scorer. QPR offered him about 8-10k a week in the summer, so he's not out of our price range. He's still not got a club so a short term deal could work well for both club and player.
    If I was coming in as a manager I would look them all in the eye tell they are good enough to get out of this league and then get them playing with a smile on their faces ,then take them down the pub and get pissed together ,weeks sober up time , and back to the grind .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    If I was coming in as a manager I would look them all in the eye tell they are good enough to get out of this league and then get them playing with a smile on their faces ,then take them down the pub and get pissed together ,weeks sober up time , and back to the grind .
    But they're not. We are hopelessly slow and the fact we're relying on Kadeem Harris is shocking.

The club has some good players but there are massive holes in the squad that need investment, pace is one of them and someone like Hoilett may be a short term fix.

Also, Warnock has to remedy the lack of fitness, and quickly, so I don't think a piss up is that good an idea. It's been the same team now for nearly 2+ years, so if they don't get on now, they never will.

Doesn't seem like Trollope was allowed to buy players.

Blue in the Face

Will Warnock be allowed... to register his nose as a goal keeper?

Please please please!

There's something decent players on that list, and Peter odenwingie.

One or 2 additions be nice, but players can be coached to be more organised and to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Surprise!!!!!
    I can't imagine Warnock accepting the job without a promise of no interference from the board and sufficient funds to bring a few players in.

So I have to say "pleasantly surprised".

junior hollett for one

Blue in the Face

Martín Cáceres was once world class. Too good for us surely.

Zakaria Labyad was really hyped a couple of years ago and the type of player we need (ironically very similar to Adel Taarabt in lots of ways - good and bad). Think he might be too much of a trouble maker.

Is Hoilett any good these days? Warnock has worked with him before I think?

Blue in the Face

Zakaria Labyad - Worth a trial? The goal at 4.20 reminds of one Taarabt scored against us for QPR

Last edited by Blue in the Face; 06-10-16 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'll take my cut now...

Blue in the Face

Pedro da LeAdeRosa

Blue in the Face

Also Samed Yeşil is on that list. A 22 year old former German youth international. Seen him play for Liverpool youth teams and he looks good.