+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Tan & the board be commended?

Should Tan & the board be commended?

Tried a new approach with Trollope which is more focus on bringing players though and a new 'exciting' style of play - didn't work out great. Club has quickly stepped in to rectify.

We wanted a sustainably run club back in blue and that's what we got. We can't have our cake and eat it.

I'm seeing a lot of bullshit about Tan wanting to send us down in spite. Stupidity when the man just cared about money.

Re: Should Tan & the board be commended?

Given that we are regularly told that nobody in the higher echelons of the club has the first clue about football, I'd be interested to understand who was behind the appointment. To me it suggests that someone on the board knows a bit more about football than many give them credit for.

No never!!

As much as was not a fan of Malky's style of play, I do think he had the nous to keep us up!

Tan should have got rid of him the moment the final whistle went after our last Premier League game, and got someone decent in. Instead he got the "Useless One" in. I was cacking, I have to admit, as I thought he might go for that plastic Welshman, Giggs. Looks like he learnt his lesson there, in not appointing a manger just because they had played for Man Ure! After Ole, he got Slade in, which produced some of the most boring football I have seen (admittedly on not many occasions), since the days of Hibbert.

If Tannie had thought things out better, he would have got us a decent manager instead of Slade, who would have got rid of the big earners here, yet still produced decent football. Or got us into the play off. After Slade, he then appointed the "Clueless One" in Trollope. Ol' Tannie was still trying to do things on the cheap, and look where it has got us.

Hopefully Warnock will steady the ship, get us up the league, and Tan can sell up in the summer. To someone decent!

This is the most excited I have been about a City manager since Mad Frankie was re-appointed back in February 1998

If you havent yet seen the interview with Warnock on CC Player, I suggest you do. Such an impressive and infectious man, cant wait for Friday week!

It's as good an appointment as we could have hoped for.

I have to say they are more decisive now , perhaps it the Choo effect .

Whoever it was that decided Trollope had to go and then without waiting around decided to appoint Warnock really deserves a great big pat on the back. Let's hope that Vincent Tann will provide adequate funds for team building/strengthening when the January transfer window opens.

We haven't won any games since Warnock's been in charge, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We wanted a sustainably run club back in blue and that's what we got.
    Is this the club that is apparently losing somewhere in the region of a million pounds a month and according to its chairman would cease to exist if it wasn't for the continued backing of a rich Malaysian?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Is this the club that is apparently losing somewhere in the region of a million pounds a month and according to its chairman would cease to exist if it wasn't for the continued backing of a rich Malaysian?
    I dont know whether this is in fact true.

The last place I saw this was an update regarding a aeroplane and that Pilkington wouldnt sign a new deal and was likely to be sold. The same board that also reported that Gary Johnson had been offered the job

Up to you if you believe them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont know whether this is in fact true.
    I don't know if it's true either, but the chairman was claiming it was the case last month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37311553

This really is the first positive thing to come out of the club since Vincent's mother convinced him to return to blue. It has been unremitting misery over recent years.

A small chink of light at the end of very dark tunnel.

Banned

Tan created this mess by replacing Slade, I'm not one for slagging off VT but he dropped a major bollock on this occasion and it's going to cost him dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Tan created this mess by replacing Slade, I'm not one for slagging off VT but he dropped a major bollock on this occasion and it's going to cost him dearly.
    Actually, he created the mess by appointing Slade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    What mess were we in last season when Slade was in charge?

What mess were we in last season when Slade was in charge?
    Very poor standard of football, plunging crowds...... I could go on.

Banned

Very poor standard of football, plunging crowds...... I could go on.
    Just outside the play-offs with an average attendance of nearly 17000. Not to be sneezed at for the loyal supporter.

Slade steadied the ship that was fast sinking under OGS. Keeping Slade on for another seasons was Tans major error. We finished just outside the play offs under that oaf, imagine what we could have done with a good manager.

Just outside the play-offs with an average attendance of nearly 17000. Not to be sneezed at for the loyal supporter.

Grow up Tandy, Charlton fans were booing him on Saturday and singing Slade for England. Slade is shit and I hope we never see his like at this club again

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Grow up Tandy, Charlton fans were booing him on Saturday and singing Slade for England. Slade is shit and I hope we never see his like at this club again
    You, Bob, Casual and the idiot since 1948 championed Trolls and we now how well that went What chance of seeing the youngsters now? Pretty slim I would imagine.

Not attendance.

Seats sold.

Thousands of ST holders staying away because the football was so poor?

Tan and the board should indeed be commended. We were facing oblivion before Dato Chan arrived and brought Tan to the club, who finally rid us of the perrenial HMRC winding up orders and much later, the dark, dark cloud that was Hammam. He also paid off a load of other creditors and yes he made an almighty mistake in the red shirts, but he atoned for that and has since stuck around despite a myriad of negative theories that he was only here to send us back into oblivion ffs!!

He took us to the Premier League, made mistakes again there, extended the stadium (some would argue that's been a mistake but it's benefitted Wales and we may one day fill it ourselves) and been shafted by previous managers with terribly poor spending of large sums.

He's now finally got the right man as manager, and the whole club has to be commended for that. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I could not name a single man better prepared to get us out of our current predicament.

Well done Tan, and the rest of the club on today's news.

We all make mistakes - it's how you deal with them that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    yes he made an almighty mistake in the red shirts, but he atoned for that
    Got to disagree with you there! We still play in red, albeit for away games. We also have that pathetic squiggle of a centipede on our badge! Both need to go, and pronto!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not attendance.

Seats sold.

Thousands of ST holders staying away because the football was so poor?
    Yes but to blame Slade for us having to cut costs is daft. If you're going to blame anyone, its OGS who spunked the best part of 20m up the wall.

As I recall VT made a comment about Slade being his personal appointment. His decision. He didn't say it but I believe that suggested that OGS was a 'Board' decision taken after his decision to sack MM.
    The appointment of Trollope seemed a sensible one in that it offered continuity, was prudent, offerred the hope off something fresh following on from Wales. Had it worked it would have been very exciting and we have enough quality players to make it work.
    Shipping goals and not scoring proves that the system is wrong or that the players were not giving it their all.
    Either way a change had to happen and this case the 'Board' have made the right decision. If Warnock doesn't deliver the points then I doubt if that will be down to his efforts or selections. I am sure he will feel that he is taking over a club with some very good players, some who can go on to be better and a good infrastructure. Other than injuries he will have no excuses.