+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neil Warnock and Cardiff City, a match made in Heaven?

Re: Neil Warnock and Cardiff City, a match made in Heaven?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I suppose what Im getting at is that I have zero faith in the board. Neither on a financial nor footballing level....and them drafting Warnock to get them out of a hole doesn't change my global opinion of the club.
    I'm with you there. Have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Tan and his minnions after they shat on the great history, culture and tradition of our football club.

Half of me is excited about the appointment of Warnock. The other half tells me to remain cynical. That Tan only wants us to stay in this division, as we are a far more saleable proposition being in the Championship, that being in League one. That he will get the last parachute payment payable to the club, and pocket it. Then sell the club as soon as possible afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you there. Have absolutely no faith whatsoever in Tan and his minnions after they shat on the great history, culture and tradition of our football club.

Half of me is excited about the appointment of Warnock. The other half tells me to remain cynical. That Tan only wants us to stay in this division, as we are a far more saleable proposition being in the Championship, that being in League one. That he will get the last parachute payment payable to the club, and pocket it. Then sell the club as soon as possible afterwards
    I think I have read somewhere that parachute payments can only be used for specific purposes and not for repaying money to certain types of creditor which would include Vincent Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

So you don't believe that Vincent Tan is funding the club every month to keep it going?

You don't believe that he is converting his debt to equity (£68m waiting on Malaysian regulator's approval) and don't accept the first of five annual tranches of £8m has been converted?

You do believe that the club is paying for itself and Vincent Tan is waiting for the final parachute payment cheque to arrive so he can cash it personally and then sell the club to..... who? Are you also one of those who insist Tan has been 'asset stripping'?

Your general criticisms, dislike and distrust of Tan and the Board are fair enough - but you're living in a fantasy land when it comes to the finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    How can long term and innovative fail so spectacularly in such a short time? We don't know if Trollope could have turned it around, like Mackay would have kept us in the Premier League if he hadn't been sacked (according to some)..
    It failed because we were on our way to relegation (not only my opinion by any means). I've been going to games for a long time now and I've never seen anything to rival what happened in the four home games we lost. They all followed virtually the same pattern, so our future opponents were being given something resembling a template on how to beat us - the fact Paul Trollope couldn't do anything to change what was happening only added to a feeling that things were getting worse and so those who wanted him given more time (like I did until last week) were struggling to find grounds to justify this view.

We had scored goals in only four out of twelve games, had only kept one clean sheet in that time, had only beaten the two sides in the bottom three with us and, laughably, no City player has scored in a first team game at home yet - sometimes it's obvious that something isn't right and it's best to end it sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well one has got seven promotions out of this division to his name and the other has never got a team promoted at any level in a twenty years plus managerial career for a start.
    This is simply not true. Warnock does not have seven promotions out of this division to his credit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is simply not true. Warnock does not have seven promotions out of this division to his credit.
    Sheff Utd x 2 plus QPR.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/neil-warnock/

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Promoted to the top flight three times: with Notts County in 1991, with Sheffield Utd in 2006 and with QPR in 2011.

Promoted to the top flight three times: with Notts County in 1991, with Sheffield Utd in 2006 and with QPR in 2011.
    He's had 7 promotions in total but not all from the second tier.

Yeah, its seven promotions in total isnt it, all divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We tried long term and innovative though and it failed spectacularly. I can see where you are coming from and, speaking as someone who thinks Craig Bellamy would be the sort of bold pick as manager who would be motivated to try and tackle the sort of things you talk about, I hope that Warnock's appointment doesn't mean that important issues such as why isn't our Academy producing first team players and why do we never seem to be able to sign players who can be sold as a profit are not swept to one side.

However, going back to the original point, even if his appointment here doesn't work out, Neil Warnock is a big step up in managerial class from Russell Slade.

I'm warming to the appointment of Warnock more and more everyday.

The very fact that two of my mates who I have travelled the length and breadth of the country with but whose enthusiasm for Cardiff City has completed dried up since the rebrand have phoned, looking forward to coming to the Bristol game speaks volumes about Warnock's character.

Apathetic has become the best way to describe our fanbase in recent years and if Warnock can inject some life into the club then it's job done as far as I am concerned.

I agree with the concerns regarding our long term project but as qccfc has said this can only be done from a position of power when the club is on the up (well either that or when it has hit rock bottom) but at the moment we are in a steep decline and something had to be done to stop the rot.

The fact that he is already identifying the squads weaknesses and addressing them is a great source of encouragement too.

Yeah my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm warming to the appointment of Warnock more and more everyday.

The very fact that two of my mates who I have travelled the length and breadth of the country with but whose enthusiasm for Cardiff City has completed dried up since the rebrand have phoned, looking forward to coming to the Bristol game speaks volumes about Warnock's character.

Apathetic has become the best way to describe our fanbase in recent years and if Warnock can inject some life into the club then it's job done as far as I am concerned.

I agree with the concerns regarding our long term project but as qccfc has said this can only be done from a position of power when the club is on the up (well either that or when it has hit rock bottom) but at the moment we are in a steep decline and something had to be done to stop the rot.

The fact that he is already identifying the squads weaknesses and addressing them is a great source of encouragement too.
    Yep, agree on the apathy.
    Look at yesterday, Wales had a big qualifying match last night and usually its a nice break to forget about City for a while,but yesterday most of the talk on this board at least was City related.
    We had something positive to talk about for a change.

Don't know what I was thinking there. I had just watched Warnock's interview and must have had it in my mind that he had said he had been promoted from the second tier seven times - stupid thing is I should have twigged that it's obviously not true, my mind must have been on something else.

First Team

I personally think that the club has appointed the right man for the situation City find themselves in.
    It is probably fair to say that the previous management had lost the confidence of both the board and the support and therefore change was required.
    In our new man ,we have an individual who motivates and has a history of relative success in situations such as this club finds itself in. More importantly, he is very much his own man and appears comfortable about the structure above him that would have undoubtedly frightened off many potential candidates.
    The only concern is that his style of football appears to be universally disliked so with our pampered support if relative safety is achieved how long before the crowd turns against him?
    I guess you could never call following the club mundane and this appointment gives us plenty of scope to split off into factions once again.
    I give it 3 months until the ' sack him appoint Bellamy ' crowd find their voice.
    Last edited by Majorblue; 07-10-16 at 10:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I personally think that the club has appointed the right man for the situation City find themselves in.
    It is probably fair to say that the management had lost the confidence of both the board and the support and therefore change was required.
    In our new man we have an individual who motivates and has a history of relative success in situations such as this club finds itself in. More importantly he is very much his own man and appears comfortable about the structure above him that would have undoubtedly frightened off many potential candidate.
    The only concern is that his style of football appears to be universally disliked so with our pampered support if relative safety is achieved how long before the crowd turns against him?
    I guess you could never call following the club mundane and this appointment gives us plenty of scope to split off into factions once again.
    I give it 3 months until the ' sack him appoint Bellamy ' crowd find their voice.
    And of course everyone LOVED Slade & Trollope's 'style' of football.

Look forward to "Colin what's the score?" next week after Tammy Abraham belts in the third....

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    Look forward to "Colin what's the score?" next week after Tammy Abraham belts in the third....
    Unfortunately not being a wurzel Colin wont have the necessary 6 fingers on his other hand.

We like sticking 6 past you lot.

Good post, we mustn't expect too much too soon. I'll settle for out of relegation by Xmas, then kick on. At Last!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    And of course everyone LOVED Slade & Trollope's 'style' of football.
    Proper football's coming home.

As short-term fixes go, this is a good one. We are fire-fighting and Warnock is good at that.

Good to see that Ken Choo and the Board are now communicating better with supporters through regular meetings with the Trust, Supporters Club and others. But we have to keep our eye on the long-term: we need a Class One Academy and a football philosophy if that's not too big a word, that we can sustain over time, using our own resources and selling at a profit. The German clubs love it when Prem League clubs buy their players for a fortune because they produce their own and so can use all that PL loot to develop themselves. Good governance is the key, and for me that means a permanent voice for supporters organizations on the Board of the club. That's long-term thinking.

For the moment, I can't wait for the Bris game. Haven't felt like that this season.