+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Conservative Party Conference

Conservative Party Conference

What have you made of May at the Conservative Party conference then? She seems to be going out of her way to appeal to bootstrapper Tories and your Trad grammar school-is-a-good-thing types. Also making a serious play for working-class Ukip voters with her stance on immigration. Definitely the end of the Toffocracy. And we are going to see a reigning-in of NeoLib economic fanaticism. Also evidently views Jezza as a genuine threat as a lot of the talk this week has been framed as a riposte to the sainted one. Overall, tactically, she has played a good hand, I think, but dealing with Brexit fall out will continue to be her biggest problem.
    Last edited by Gabalphaville; 05-10-16 at 16:55.

Re: Conservative Party Conference

She's no fool, Im not a Tory voter ,however I think we need her strength and no nonense approach at the moment, as we get down with the real Brexit fall out , and dealing with Europe's leader.

She's after the middle ground voters ,and will probably get them as others implode.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    She's no fool, Im not a Tory voter ,however I think we need her strength and no nonense approach at the moment, as we get down with the real Brexit fall out , and dealing with Europe's leader.

She's after the middle ground voters ,and will probably get them as others implode.
    She's a bit of an oddball, secret brexiter as i think were many Tories and Jezza!!!

She seems to have a reputation of going with the wind and she rarely says anything of substance.

She struck at getting that block with a hook out of the country.

Yes she played Brexit very well, saw the moment and ceased it ruthlessly, then did a job on the nasty Gove fella, and suprised a few with her bold Boris appointment.

She may indeed have flatulence issues , let's see what substance she does deliver now she's in the driving seat,no hiding now.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Given the situation we find ourselves in I would prefer her in charge of things than Corbyn (or Owen Smith).
    A lot of what she has said is (or should be to most people with a brain) common sense politics regardless of your political leaning.

What I dont agree with though is this - we 1.5 trillion in debt, every year we spending 80 billion more than we get back in tax. So why the feck are we spending all that money on HS2 for example.

In my eyes it would better off spending the money on projects that will help generate growth / manufacturing in the short term.
    Corbyn’s main electability weakness is that he is not trusted by the public on the economy. May is seen as a safe pair of hands and as someone who gets things done – so she has a big advantage over him there. I think it’s quite smart that the Tories have listened to John McDonnell and done a u-turn on investment spending. Good tactics to steal Labour’s ground on that point. Interesting to see – ideologically - the return of The State and the dispensing with NeoLib excess. Although this could just be a short-term change of philosophy during the uncertainty of Brexit. I think both the Tories and Labour are going to be scrapping like mad for the Ukip vote in the coming months. Post-Brexit and post-Farage (yeah, I know he’s temporarily back) they are a declining force in my opinion.