+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans - Updated NOT GUILTY

Re: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Why people on here are so supportive of him I'll never know. Vile individual.
    Maybe because you shouldn't go to prison and have your career taken away for being a complete ****

We are not supportive of him but question the decision based on the facts. It is about the judicial verdict which seems to fly in the face of the facts as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Maybe because you shouldn't go to prison and have your career taken away for being a complete ****
    But he was convicted of rape not for being a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    We are not supportive of him but question the decision based on the facts. It is about the judicial verdict which seems to fly in the face of the facts as far as I am concerned.
    Sorry I didn't realise you were on the jury

Sorry I didn't realise you were on the jury
    Had they both been found guilty I don't think anyone would be questioning the verdict.

Fair enough, but what facts do you know that the judge and jury wouldn't have known at the original trial.
    Not having a pop but the people in court had the available facts, the rest of us had reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Fair enough, but what facts do you know that the judge and jury wouldn't have known at the original trial.
    Not having a pop but the people in court had the available facts, the rest of us had reports.
    The conviction was seen as unsafe; hence the retrial.

All through this trial, i have been waiting for a huge bombshell from the new evidence, but i haven't heard it so far.

I can see a story that the girl fabricated the story after being intoxicated, and i can see the story that Ched took advantage of a girl in no fit state to consent.

Its not a pretty picture whatever way you look at it.

The conviction was seen as unsafe; hence the retrial.
    As it should be if the evidence pointed that way.
    Ive no idea if he is guilty or not ,my opinion is he is a twat but that doesn't make him a rapist.

But the jury decided that it was probable that the woman consented to sex with Clayton but not with Evans.
    is probable enough though ? ? ?

she went back to the hotel room, that is surely not consenting to sex is it ? ? ?

the point for me, is that she cannot remember anything

thats harsh on the bloke

he did think of his girl friend

Mr Evans told police : I didn’t want to stay if Clayton had gone. If I didn’t have a girlfriend I would have stayed.

all heart

do they not do " courts " on a Friday ? ? ?

its adjourned till monday now

It's quite simple and involves laws that are supposed to govern us and keep us safe. Vile? Using women? Disrespecting his fiancé? Yes, but he has accepted all this and apologised. Young men do grow up you know. The idea is we learn from mistakes.
    This man has been to prison under very very uncertain circumstances. He has never at any stage admitted guilt and in the process has undergone further scrutiny and ridicule as well as venom, from chaps like you.

Why? Why go through it? Why not let it die down and try to rebuild his life? If he is right about all this and acquitted I hope you're man enough to admit on here that, in reality, he is actually a bloody brave bloke who stood his ground under the worst circumstances.

Reasonable doubt? That's all it needed. Nobody can look at all the 'facts' here and say there is any certainty. Reasonable doubt makes him innocent.

I'm supporting him because I think he has been guilty of a miscarriage of justice.

Do you know that he could not have been charged if he had simply said "no comment"?

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    It's quite simple and involves laws that are supposed to govern us and keep us safe. Vile? Using women? Disrespecting his fiancé? Yes, but he has accepted all this and apologised. Young men do grow up you know. The idea is we learn from mistakes.
    This man has been to prison under very very uncertain circumstances. He has never at any stage admitted guilt and in the process has undergone further scrutiny and ridicule as well as venom, from chaps like you.

Why? Why go through it? Why not let it die down and try to rebuild his life? If he is right about all this and acquitted I hope you're man enough to admit on here that, in reality, he is actually a bloody brave bloke who stood his ground under the worst circumstances.

Reasonable doubt? That's all it needed. Nobody can look at all the 'facts' here and say there is any certainty. Reasonable doubt makes him innocent.

I'm supporting him because I think he has been guilty of a miscarriage of justice.

Do you know that he could not have been charged if he had simply said "no comment"?
    thats about right

he may have the morals of a ally cat, but i suspect a few ypung footballers do, look at me, i am a famous football player, Oh yes, i am staying in the local prem inn, taxi

One key issue is that the judge did not direct the jury regarding 'consent when intoxicated'. It used to be that a woman could not give consent if drunk ergo if she says she was raped, she was because even saying she wants it couldn't be classed as consent.
    A case a few years changed that, and precedent exists.

The judge should have directed the jury but when questioned he said he didn't think it 'relevant'. That's beyond belief when we consider that alcohol had everything to do with it.

So legally, even if the jury were aware of this precedant they couldn't consider it. That's a biggie.

Im a WOMAN not a MAN

Why couldn't he have been charged if he said "no comment"?

I agree, they both should have been convicted of rape.
    Absolute bullshit.

The thing I find a bit odd is that her drunkenness is someone elses responsibility.

What happens if they both wake up in the morning and say they can't remember a thing? Could they both be classed as guilty of a sex crime?

Or if a woman remembered and the bloke didn't, could she get done and him prosecute?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    The thing I find a bit odd is that her drunkenness is someone elses responsibility.

What happens if they both wake up in the morning and say they can't remember a thing? Could they both be classed as guilty of a sex crime?

Or if a woman remembered and the bloke didn't, could she get done and him prosecute?
    The other point is that she had cocaine and cannabis in her system which she admitted to taking prior to the night in question.

Im a WOMAN not a MAN

Why couldn't he have been charged if he said "no comment"?
    1. Apologies
    2. He went in and gave a statement. The woman's side is that she remembers absolutely nothing. If Evans had said nothing there would have been no evidence for the CPS to use. He went in to clear things up and North Wales Police did him in the arse.
    I'm all for rapists getting their just desserts but this case is more flawed than Trollope managerial CV

Are you a lawyer or a judge?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are you a lawyer or a judge?
    Are you? You've been very vocal on this case over the years, even claiming to have read the court documents once whilst getting lots of details wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Are you? You've been very vocal on this case over the years, even claiming to have read the court documents once whilst getting lots of details wrong.
    I'm not hence getting a lot of it wrong. He just seemed quite confident and clued up with what he was saying so I was just wondering if he was.

I'm still shocked so many people back him after what's been said over the last few days but I suppose I can see why people could say it wasn't rape even if ched comes across very poorly.

I think most would agree that he was a vile individual but that is not in and of itself a crime. He has to be found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt.