+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans - Updated NOT GUILTY

Blog Entries

Re: Ched Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    So you are admitting it's OK if they "were a bit hammered" as it happens all the time, but who decides what level of "a bit hammered" is too much? I did ask earlier but maybe you could try and answer, but when does the responsibility pass from the drinker to the other person?

When they are "a bit hammered" or some other drinking milestone?
    Should it even pass to the other person? especially when the other person is also drunk.

How did the police get involved if she can't remember anything?
    Did she actually make a complaint?
    Just wondering

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    How did the police get involved if she can't remember anything?
    Did she actually make a complaint?
    Just wondering
    She couldn't remember anything so thought someone had spiked her drink and went to the police. They found no traces of anything in her system like that, but in investigating they found that she'd had sex with the 2 guys(because the guys told the police) as a result the police brought the rape charge, it was never the girl.

Next witness for the defence is a friend if the complainant who cannot be named for legal reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Rubbish, it shows why there's so many sexual assaults in this country if people think this is a lads nights out.

I've had threesomes, I slept with girls who are drunk but this is completely different.
    'lads, step aside, im pretty much an expert at doing sex with girls'

So far it doesn't look like anything has been said at the trial that's likely to change people's opinions - either way.

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    Next witness for the defence is a friend if the complainant who cannot be named for legal reasons....
    Think it's one of cheds mates up at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Jesus christ you honestly have problems if you can't see the difference between the two situations.

How would you feel if a female family member went home a with someone they'd met whilst drinking and slept with them, I'd honestly have no problem even if they were a bit hammered. It wouldn't be nice but this happens all the time.

How would you feel if this was happening and 2 idiots were looking through the window giggling like a pair of 5 year olds?

How would you feel if someone let themselves into a locked room and joined in with this couple, when she could hardly stand not long before?
    There is the whole issue with this case. We arent talking about 2 situations, we are talking about a scale along which there seems to be a movable tipping point that isn't backed by science or reason.

For some girls, 2 drinks might be too much for her to be fully aware of what is going on. Some people experience memory loss after drinking but they were completely coherent and their behaviour was completely normal throughout.

This case isnt really about ched anymore.

Maybe she raped him?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Course it does but there is a massive difference between sleeping with a girl after meeting her on a night out to breaking into a room where your friend is sleeping with a girl and just joining in.

She remembers consenting to shagging Macdonald, what she didn't remember doing was consenting for his oddball friend to to enter the fray. He took advantage of her, if she had consented then surely Mcdonald will have told the courts this? Surely he would have been aware consent was given?

Lets wait for the "new evidence" to surface because at the moment he is looking like a right creep.
    She doesn't claim to remember that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Think it's one of cheds mates up at the moment.
    https://twitter.com/adavies4

Reading this guys reports today it looks like an acquaintance of the woman but also someone who wants to help Ched.
    Not sure if this was the new evidence that helped him at appeal, if so its not exactly explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    https://twitter.com/adavies4

Reading this guys reports today it looks like an acquaintance of the woman but also someone who wants to help Ched.
    Not sure if this was the new evidence that helped him at appeal, if so its not exactly explosive.
    I wonder if its the hotel porter ? ? ?

as didnt he hear stuff from outside the door ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I wonder if its the hotel porter ? ? ?

as didnt he hear stuff from outside the door ? ? ?
    dont think so, another report said they were family friends of the woman, their mums knew each other.

Banned

I've said it time and time again... she was a slag who thought she bagged a footballer, then when macdonald ****ed off she thought she had a second shot.
    She woke up gutted and used.
    Facking slag.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    dont think so, another report said they were family friends of the woman, their mums knew each other.
    you are right

it was some bloke she slept with 2 weeks after Ched

She used the same phrase

The main characters in this courtroom saga appear to be deeply flawed and highly immoral. Sort of Jeremy Kyle guests in waiting. A young, foul-mouthed drunken strumpet who's also fond of illegal drugs got humped by lying blokes out on the pull for someone equally permissive. It seems like the cops chose to make something out of nothing for reasons which remain unclear.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    The main characters in this courtroom saga appear to be deeply flawed and highly immoral. Sort of Jeremy Kyle guests in waiting. A young, foul-mouthed drunken strumpet who's also fond of illegal drugs got humped by lying blokes out on the pull for someone equally permissive. It seems like the cops chose to make something out of nothing for reasons which remain unclear.
    I think this sums up the case perfectly.

A verdict by a Court is meant to be beyond reasonable doubt. In this case there is not only doubt about the evidence but about everyone involved including the girl herself. For the sake of justice Evans (scumbag though he is) must be found Not Guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I think this sums up the case perfectly.
    Me too.
    It's got to be one of the most fooked up court cases I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A verdict by a Court is meant to be beyond reasonable doubt. In this case there is not only doubt about the evidence but about everyone involved including the girl herself. For the sake of justice Evans (scumbag though he is) must be found Not Guilty.
    The jury in the first trial found him guilty on the evidence presented to them during that trial.

They'll also find him guilty or not guilty in this trial only on the evidence presented during it.

we have all read stories of her being " less than nun like "

but this from the trial today paints her in the delightful picture

"She came up to me and said that if I took her home she would give me a good time," the man said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Course it does but there is a massive difference between sleeping with a girl after meeting her on a night out to breaking into a room where your friend is sleeping with a girl and just joining in.

She remembers consenting to shagging Macdonald, what she didn't remember doing was consenting for his oddball friend to to enter the fray. He took advantage of her, if she had consented then surely Mcdonald will have told the courts this? Surely he would have been aware consent was given?

Lets wait for the "new evidence" to surface because at the moment he is looking like a right creep.
    But she doesn't remember anything other than the hotel lobby and a pizza so how can she have remembered having consented to sex with McDonald?
    Did she consent earlier? So if she is later paralytic McDonalds defence is ' she said yes earlier'?
    She seems to remember key issues that suit her story. Curious that.

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    But she doesn't remember anything other than the hotel lobby and a pizza so how can she have remembered having consented to sex with McDonald?
    Did she consent earlier? So if she is later paralytic McDonalds defence is ' she said yes earlier'?
    She seems to remember key issues that suit her story. Curious that.
    I havent followed the trial that closely but what I assume is that the court may not have necessarily found Clayton innocent, just that there was reasonable doubt that he wasnt guilty. By going back to the room with him there was a reasonable assumption that she planned to have sex with him. She never went back with Ched. He let himself into the room with a key from reception and had sex...

Many strong views on here about Evans all gathered from media reports I assume as I doubt anyone on here has ever met him.On the basis of those reports he doesn't seem a very nice man.
    My thoughts on this are very simplistic-the original verdict has been deemed unsafe and therefore has raised an element of doubt.I found it strange that they ordered a re-trial on that basis but if I were a juror now whilst I would listen to the evidence that thought would be in the back of my mind as the Judges clearly thought there was doubt.
    On that basis I think it would be odd if he is now found guilty-if he is surely the first thing he will do is appeal.