+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ched Evans - Updated NOT GUILTY

Re: Ched Evans - Updated NOT GUILTY

So now we see the people who were all " he is a rapist, a jury found him guilty, so thats it, end of " Ched evans the rapist " now bitching about the 2nd jury being wrong and the first lot right

The whole case looked dodgy right from the start

Justice has been done imho

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    So now we see the people who were all " he is a rapist, a jury found him guilty, so thats it, end of " Ched evans the rapist " now bitching about the 2nd jury being wrong and the first lot right

To be fair that is exactly the case in reverse of those who said he was innocent originally no?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Did the other man in the room not testify - someone who could have definitively cleared Ched?
    How do you work that out, when he testified first time around, said he didn't rape her yet Evans still got convicted.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    To be fair that is exactly the case in reverse of those who said he was innocent originally no?
    I expected blue matt to be the first "I told you so"

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    How do you work that out, when he testified first time around, said he didn't rape her yet Evans still got convicted.
    McDonald ( yay, got name right... ) wasn't the one telling porkies to get a key to the room, wasn't the one who claimed McDonald asked for consent for him to join in as he didn't speak to the woman ( "It wasn't the time for conversation" ). Nor did McDonald leave via the fire exit. That in itself doesn't look great for Ched.

My point is, Ched in his testimony directly stated McDonald asked for consent on his behalf. McDonald testifies, backs that up. So, why didn't the defence call a direct witness who could benefit their case immensely? Doesn't that sound a bit odd? Why would they not call the other person present in the room? New witnesses not present on the night in question ( half brother excepted, who didn't testify in first trial ) but not McDonald?

McDonald ( yay, got name right... ) wasn't the one telling porkies to get a key to the room, wasn't the one who claimed McDonald asked for consent for him to join in as he didn't speak to the woman ( "It wasn't the time for conversation" ). Nor did McDonald leave via the fire exit. That in itself doesn't look great for Ched.

My point is, Ched in his testimony directly stated McDonald asked for consent on his behalf. McDonald testifies, backs that up. So, why didn't the defence call a direct witness who could benefit their case immensely? Doesn't that sound a bit odd? Why would they not call the other person present in the room? New witnesses not present on the night in question ( half brother excepted, who didn't testify in first trial ) but not McDonald?
    But you suggested Macdonald could definitely get him off. That's clearly not the case as he testified first time around and he didn't get Evans off.

Additionally Character witnesses have long been a part of British court cases, this one is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think the police have a lot to answer for, they constructed this shambles from the beginning.
    Definitely. Here you've got a young girl who didn't claim rape, two blokes who said they had sex with consent and then the Police.

3 people in that room and not one of them claimed rape, yet this whole mess comes about. Bizarre or inept with zero winners.

Hate to break it to you, but neither are going to say "yes, we want the money" are they?

Did Ched's half brother, at the window, who failed to testify in the original trial now testify in this one?
    Did the other man in the room not testify - someone who could have definitively cleared Ched?
    Was money offered by the Evans clan in exchange for evidence?

The problem is rape is always difficult to prove. That means a lot of rapists get away with it.

I go back to a woman's house - both of us slightly drunk. She falls asleep. I rape her. No force used ( as in leaving marks ).
    Her word against mine.
    Goes to court.
    I claim she slept with X, Y and Z before and after the night in question. Other people say she slept with X, Y and Z.

Odds would definitely be in my favour of acquital.

I agree with the general sentiment of not wanting one innocent person convicted but the balance is so far skewed it's a serious problem. It generally boils down to one person's word against another - and is even more complex when alcohol is involved. The level of proof required in these cases is simply too high to be achievable in the vast majority of cases.

A woman has to prove she could not have consented. How on earth is that possible? Have video cameras in the room? What does it tell women who have been raped?

EDIT: So what is the solution? I'm wondering if for cases like this adopting the Scottish verdict of "Not Proven", a half way house between guilty / not guilty is the way forward.
    I am pretty sure that McDonald said that the woman consented to ched getting involved during the original trial, that made no difference then so why would it now?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

And now we see the people who were all "the jury was wrong he's definitely innocent" the jury found him guilty but justice hasn't been served are now saying the opinion of the jury is spot on?

In my opinion hes a bit of a scum bag but I'm not sure you can say he's a rapist based on the evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    But you suggested Macdonald could definitely get him off. That's clearly not the case as he testified first time around and he didn't get Evans off.

Additionally Character witnesses have long been a part of British court cases, this one is no different.
    First time around it was a joint trial, I do believe? ( Happy to be proven wrong ). That would somewhat affect the weighting of his comments?

The point remains that this trial was about consent. If Ched testifies McDonald asked if Ched could join in, then Ched's testimony is bolstered if McDonald backs that up otherwise it's a hanging question based purely on Ched's words - given other things in the trial, ie admitting a caution relating to an insurance claim on a mobile phone question his honesty.

Were the new witnesses really character witnesses? Nobody has answered how those two knew they'd allegedly slept with the same woman in this case without her identity having been revealed - admittedly we know one side had been leaking it in the past.

I jut find there's plenty that came up as his defence that is highly questionable; the problem with rape cases is that the bar to *prove* in cases like this is almost impossibly high. As I said, imo the Scottish thing of "Not Proven" could well be a more accurate outcome in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

The descriptions of the sex with the girls other sexual partners were very similar in specific details to details that Evans had given.
    Yes her asking them to "**** her harder" was so unique and a dead giveaway. How could they both have possibly come up with that unique sexual phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Yes her asking them to "**** her harder" was so unique and a dead giveaway. How could they both have possibly come up with that unique sexual phrase.
    By having contact with each other and agreeing on phrases, positions, attitude. Not an impossibility.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I expected blue matt to be the first "I told you so"
    to be fair to me, right from the start i have said the case was dodgy, I have argued that fact all along

Can we now have her name and mugshot to see the filthy gog slapper

The outcome of the first trial was dodgy but so is the outcome of the retrial.
    Evans comes across as a liar. He says he had sex with her but left straight after because he had started to think about his girlfriend. Yeah right.

Why leave via fire escape?

Why did the retrial involve two men who had previous sexual relations with this girl? I don't see the relevance here.
    Why did Evans even go to the hotel in the first place? He knew his mate had pulled so what was his motivation for going there? It has to be to have sex in my view.

All very dubious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post

Why did Evans even go to the hotel in the first place? He knew his mate had pulled so what was his motivation for going there? It has to be to have sex in my view.

All very dubious.
    Going to a hotel to have sex is not a criminal offence. And you are also forgetting that at no time did the girl say she was raped. It was the Police who decided to prosecute for some inexplicable reason.

The girl didn't even claim it was rape apparently.

The police forced this.

No DNA evidence. No crime scene.

Just guesswork based off drinking. That is it.

Banned

Well done Ched. I always stuck up for you bruv.
    Facking slag trying it on.
    INNOCENT

So many people on here were very very harsh and I hope they stand up and admit they were wrong. It doesn't make Ched a good man but he is an innocent man.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    INNOCENT
    Thick, ignorant and sexist. Living up to your usual reputation at least

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    So many people on here were very very harsh and I hope they stand up and admit they were wrong. It doesn't make Ched a good man but he is an innocent man.
    Innocent has connotations to suggest that he's done nothing wrong. Ched has been found not guilty but has also been called callous and said to acted with serious contempt for another human.

I am saddened to see a number of people commenting by (looking at wider platforms) insulting the woman involved in this.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    INNOCENT
    Fuk sake.

"Ched Evans was wrongfully convicted we must fight this injustice"

"Ched Evans was found innocent by a court so thats that"

I take it you're firmly in option 2?

I bet LC is devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by EadosEados View Post
    Just rename the stand in her name to "the ched Evans stand"
    Ennis has offered to name her next kid after Ched as way of an apology.

Hats off to her.

He may be innocent but he's still a deeply depraved individual who I will still hold in contempt. People rejoicing like this is some kind of victory for themselves and Wales are cringeworthy.