+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC Wales - pathetic.

Re: BBC Wales - pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    316 million really?
    I don't know how they can guess at a figure to be honest.

But there is no doubting that many of pubs, clubs etc have been created for the rugby game days.

Rugby is played in the heart of the centre. The drinking culture gives it its popularity. You'd think it was new years eve by some of the valley lines on the way to games.

Until football is back directly in the centre, I doubt it'll be able to get the same sort of coverage and following.

I really don't understand why people care. Rugby has been the favoured sport of the majority. Wales football have qualifying games which are covered adequately, then small time friendles. Wales rugby have multiple tests and tournaments every year.

Most games are complete sell outs. The autumn internationals will be rammed. Bringing huge money.

And before people say that "egg chasers" are dumb in the millenium. They have zero idea how tickets are allocated.

Because grass roots rugby clubs have priority. The majority of tickets go to these.

All dayers watching the rugby is awesome. I can't wait for November.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 06-10-16 at 09:22.

And I think the dumb kick off times in qualifying is a factor.

I don't know about you but 5pm on a Sunday is not what I would choose.

90% of the stuff BBC Wales churns out is utter dross including their news and radio output. A few weeks ago we were treated to a BBC Wales special programme about Lucy Owen going through the menopause which was instead of panorama on the state of Syria. It's like BBC Wales thought us Welsh people were as parochial as them and were not interested in global news stories.

The cottage burners wanted more Welsh programming though so we must live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    ITV Wales not much better. Pretty sure they said the Trust Chair said disappointment as its a short term fix. They then showed part of an interview which im sure was from yesterday and even though said it would be short term didnt say he was disappointed.

I certainly did not say I was disappointed with the appointment in that interview , which went out the day after I gave it so it was recorded after Trollope was sacked but before Warnock was officially appointed.

I gave a further interview to ITV this morning which hopefully they will edit so that the message given is far clearer. I also gave a positive reaction live on Good Evening Wales for the BBC yesterday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I bet you don't realize how close you are to the truth.

Rob Phillips has been banging his head against the wall for years, fighting Welsh Footballs corner, but it all falls on deaf ears.

That's why Ian Gwyn Hughes left, to join the Welsh FA.
    Tony

Several people (like Rob) have made great efforts to make football more of a priority at BBC Wales. But they have had to do so against a background of senior management there being firm rugby supporters and wary of anything that might challenge the game they support. For several years in succession , the position of Head of Sport AT BBC Wales was given to ex Wales rugby internationals.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Tony

Several people (like Rob) have made great efforts to make football more of a priority at BBC Wales. But they have had to do so against a background of senior management there being firm rugby supporters and wary of anything that might challenge the game they support. For several years in succession , the position of Head of Sport AT BBC Wales was given to ex Wales rugby internationals.

Keith
    I think we get a decent deal of the radio. Steve Austins, BBC Radio Wales editor is a big footie fan and I think they broke their budget successfully covering the Euros.
    The telly is different with that budget piled onto the egg. You might recall a number of years ago that the Wales FA were told by the BBC that they had no money so couldn't cover Wales games on TV. Shortly after the Beeb paid millions to cover the egg. As a result Wales FA went to Sky, where we have been ever since.
    There is still a bias against footie amongst the 'taffia'. I note our success at the Euros meant appearances at the finals, by Charlotte, Cerys and Carwyn and others. Would never have put them down as footie fans. They will soon disappear once we start losing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't know how they can guess at a figure to be honest.

But there is no doubting that many of pubs, clubs etc have been created for the rugby game days.

Rugby is played in the heart of the centre. The drinking culture gives it its popularity. You'd think it was new years eve by some of the valley lines on the way to games.

Until football is back directly in the centre, I doubt it'll be able to get the same sort of coverage and following.

I really don't understand why people care. Rugby has been the favoured sport of the majority. Wales football have qualifying games which are covered adequately, then small time friendles. Wales rugby have multiple tests and tournaments every year.

Most games are complete sell outs. The autumn internationals will be rammed. Bringing huge money.

And before people say that "egg chasers" are dumb in the millenium. They have zero idea how tickets are allocated.

Because grass roots rugby clubs have priority. The majority of tickets go to these.

All dayers watching the rugby is awesome. I can't wait for November.

Shops in town always have a drop in sales when rugby comes to town

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    And I think the dumb kick off times in qualifying is a factor.

I don't know about you but 5pm on a Sunday is not what I would choose.
    Nor me but we weren't choosing the kick off times SKY were

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nor me but we weren't choosing the kick off times SKY were

Very true.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

I hope that 4-0 Moldova win wasn't just a dream
    I was thinknig the same thing. I thought maybe I'd dreamt it!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

I hope that 4-0 Moldova win wasn't just a dream
    I was thinknig the same thing. I thought maybe I'd dreamt it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    90% of the stuff BBC Wales churns out is utter dross including their news and radio output. A few weeks ago we were treated to a BBC Wales special programme about Lucy Owen going through the menopause which was instead of panorama on the state of Syria. It's like BBC Wales thought us Welsh people were as parochial as them and were not interested in global news stories.

The cottage burners wanted more Welsh programming though so we must live with it.
    No they didn't. They wanted affordable homes for locals.

If you are referring to people like Saunders Lewis, you are wrong again. He campaigned for a Welsh Language Channel, which BBC Wales isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    No they didn't. They wanted affordable homes for locals.

If you are referring to people like Saunders Lewis, you are wrong again. He campaigned for a Welsh Language Channel, which BBC Wales isn't.
    Cottage burners - Parochial Welsh nationalists who cannot see the bigger world wide picture AKA BBC Wales and their moronic staff think we'd rather hear about Lucy Owen coping with the realities of being an older woman than the conflict in Syria.

As a child I will always remember by frustration as I sat down with the family on a Friday night to watch a comedy only to find there was some rubbish about red kites in Bethesda instead.

Get over yourselves for goodness sake!!

Football and Rugby can live alongside each other. Our national football team certainly had its moment in the sun over the summer period. The National news is far more to do with national issues rather than club issues when it comes to sport and that applies equally to football as it does to rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    Cottage burners - Parochial Welsh nationalists who cannot see the bigger world wide picture AKA BBC Wales and their moronic staff think we'd rather hear about Lucy Owen coping with the realities of being an older woman than the conflict in Syria.

As a child I will always remember by frustration as I sat down with the family on a Friday night to watch a comedy only to find there was some rubbish about red kites in Bethesda instead.

That hasn't hurt anybody since the early 80's and the days of 3 channels - only 2 previously - both of which were regional .

I think we've just about managed to get over it surely

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Agreed. She really is vile.
    Care to expand on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I tell you what is pathetic, the way the BBC have been fawning over that bloodless freak Theresa May the last few days. Makes me want to spew.
    I think they gave more time to Corbyn over the last few weeks. He is about exciting as Russell Slade on a bad day.

Give me Theresa May anytime, At least she talks sense and is a realist

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I think they gave more time to Corbyn over the last few weeks. He is about exciting as Russell Slade on a bad day.

Give me Theresa May anytime, At least she talks sense and is a realist
    The bbc were falling over themselves to have a go at Labour during their conference last week, peddling the bullshit liberal elite narrative, chief shitehouse Laura Kuenssberg unable to hide her bias, theatrically tutting and shaking her head through every interview. Question Time last week was the another shameless excecise in Labour bashing. Contrast it with this week, I've not even heard the merest hint of criticism during the Tory conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The bbc were falling over themselves to have a go at Labour during their conference last week, peddling the bullshit liberal elite narrative, chief shitehouse Laura Kuenssberg unable to hide her bias, theatrically tutting and shaking her head through every interview. Question Time last week was the another shameless excecise in Labour bashing. Contrast it with this week, I've not even heard the merest hint of criticism during the Tory conference.
    That is generally true, but now I'm not working I get to watch The Daily Politics quite often - and that old Thatcherite Andrew Neil is pretty even handed in skewering all politicians who roll up before him. He almost seems to prefer mugging the Tories.